A new Fortnite update 20.10 is now rolling out on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and PC. According to the official Fortnite 20.10 patch notes, the latest update added various fixes for Battle Royle, Creative mode, and Save the World. In addition, today’s Fortnite version 20.10 also includes general stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added new features, new LTM modes, new changes, and much more. Unfortunately, since the later major update, players are facing several issues with the game.
Today’s Fortnite patch v20.10 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Table of Contents
Fortnite 20.10 Patch Notes – April 5, 2022
Battle lines are tested, an old favorite gets a new purpose, and a new AR is set to enter the fray. Introducing the Fortnite v20.10 update, check it out by playing either no-building Zero Build playlists or the recently returned Battle Royale playlists. That’s right – building is back on the island!
THE BATTLE FOR DAILY BUGLE
IO and Resistance forces have gathered at The Daily Bugle in a major skirmish on the Island. Drop in and help the Resistance push back to gain amazing loot for the whole squad! Just be careful, Huntmaster Saber is on the prowl overhead.
HEAVY SNIPER RIFLE REWORKED
The Heavy Sniper Rifle is back in business and has been overhauled to combat the recent rampage of vehicles. Its high-caliber rounds now deal bonus damage to vehicles, making it the perfect tool to dismantle a Titan or breach an opponent’s defenses from long range.
Heavy Sniper Rifles can be found in chests, rare chests, and supply drops at Rare, Epic, and Legendary rarities. Be it a distant opponent or vehicle’s armored hull – none last long in the Heavy Sniper Rifle’s sights.
ASSAULT RIFLE FUNDING BEGINS
Grab those Bars and let your voice be heard – Donation Boards are open for funding! The Resistance trial period for the MK-Seven Assault Rifle and Combat Assault Rifle is over and now only one can stay on the Island.
Which one? You decide!
Donation Boards can be found at all major POIs pitting the two Assault Rifles against one another. Head to one and contribute Bars to the item you’d like to see the Resistance assemble en masse. First choice to reach 100% Funded based on everyone’s global contributions will win and enter the loot pool immediately!
BALANCE PATCH RECAP
A balance update last week made meaningful adjustments to the following items:
- Combat and Stinger SMG damage to players and structures reduced
- Combat SMG headshot damage reduced to match the Stinger
- MK-Seven and Combat Assault Rifle damage to players and structures reduced
- Titan tanks and Cow Catchers have been removed from competitive playlists.
FIXED KNOWN ISSUES
- Wins are now correctly tracked in the Career Leaderboard tab.
- Fixed an issue with Resistance Quests where players could not progress into Week 2.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicles to stutter and jerk when driving on flat terrain.
- The Fishing Collection Book no longer resets between matches and correctly saves progress.
- Fixed an issue where last season’s quests displayed as tracked on the HUD if no other quests were tracked.
- Players are now able to use the Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island.
- In order to maintain optimal performance, certain legacy or unsupported drivers will now default to Performance Mode when launching Fortnite.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle is not included in competitive playlists.
- The winner of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle vs Combat Assault Rifle vote will not immediately be unvaulted in competitive playlists when they’ve reached 100% Funded.
- The Daily Bugle is not under assault in competitive playlists, but Huntmaster Saber has still relocated.
- Unable to use Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island.
- Fishing Collection Book Progress Resetting.
- Vehicles may stutter and jerk when driving in Battle Royale or Creative
- Previews in the Item Shop map appear tilted
- Last season’s quests may be displayed in the Tracked Quests on the HUD
- Back Blings ‘floating’ on some outfits
- Bushrangers leaves shed excessively after sliding.
- Placing a BluGlo Siphon may cause crashes (Performance Mode Only)
- Wolves and Raptors are missing their combat passive abilities.
- Players are unable to re-do repeatable quest after completing them.
- Combat and Stinger SMG damage to players and structures reduced.
- Combat SMG headshot damage reduced to match the Stinger.
- MK7 and Combat AR damage to players and structures reduced ahead of Donation Board voting.
BATTLE ROYALE WEAPONS
Rock vehicles with the Anvil Rocket Launcher. With the Anvil Rocket Launcher, look into its scope and lock onto your vehicle target. Once your target’s locked, fire a rocket that’ll go flying its way!
UPDATE: WILDLIFE, CREATURE, GUARD SPAWNERS
We’ve increased the max health of Wildlife, Creatures and Guards by up to 10 times the previous amount!
OTHER FEATURE UPDATES
- Additional fantasy music added to the Radio device, and sfx to the Speaker device.
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Added 6 New Prefabs
- IO Blimp
- The Fortress
- 4 Command Cavern Prefabs
- Added 10 New Galleries
- 3 IO Blimp Galleries
- 2 The Fortress Galleries
- 4 Command Cavern Galleries
- Rocket League Prop Gallery
- Added prison assets to The Shark Wall Gallery, The Shark Floor & Stair Gallery and The Shark Prop Gallery.
- Added a sand dune fence to Sweaty Sands Prop Gallery.
Known issues: We’re aware of an issue that will prevent creators from opening the detailed view of the following galleries.
- Sweaty Sands Prop Gallery
- The Shark Wall Gallery
- The Shark Floor & Stair Gallery
- The Shark Prop Gallery
- The Shark Rock Gallery Large
- The Shark Rock Gallery
- The Shark Cliff Gallery
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue that caused rocks from the Scorched galley to have no textures.
- Fixed issues with Tall Grass Galleries, where a bundle of grass could be destroyed by weapons and bundles would float above the ground when placed.
- Fixed an issue with assets in the Glass Prop Gallery, from displaying the correct customization name.
- Fixed a shadow casting issue with the Torchlight, from the Ambient Gallery.
- Fixed a texture issue with the fuel tank from EGO prefabs.
- Fixed an issue where an ArtDeco pillar would give the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue where some mushrooms, in the Resource Prop Gallery, were not showing health/damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the sentry device to slide down uneven surfaces.
- Option to disable color glow and sound effect on the damage amplifier power up.
- Fixed an issue on Survival Island that caused lakes and other water to appear invisible.
- Fixed an issue where new islands made with the Frosty Fortress starter island did not have mantling, sprint, and shoulder bash on by default.
- Fixed an issue with some cosmetics that appeared as a bright glow when using the Visual Effect powerup.
- Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to often hit an invisible wall.
- Fixed an issue with join in progress for certain team-specific devices.
- Fixed a texture issue on fuel tanks.
- Fixed an issue where a player who was eliminated from a game could respawn on a different island.
- Fixed an issue that caused Team Settings and Inventory to override health restoration settings when switching teams.
- Fixed a missing icon issue with the ice block from the Ice House Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with being open to open General Props Gallery A in inventory.
- Addressed a bug where players unable to use Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island.
- Fixed the Fishing Collection Book Progress Resetting issue.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles may stutter and jerk when driving in Battle Royale or Creative
- Addressed a bug where previews in the Item Shop map appear tilted
- Fixed an issue where Last season’s quests may be displayed in the Tracked Quests on the HUD
- Fixed an issue where Back Blings ‘floating’ on some outfits
- Addressed a bug where Bushrangers leaves shed excessively after sliding.
- Fixed an issue where placing a BluGlo Siphon may cause crashes (Performance Mode Only)
- Fixed an issue where the Wolves and Raptors are missing their combat passive abilities.
- Addressed a bug where players are unable to re-do repeatable quest after completing them.
Download free Fortnite patch 20.10 for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.