Fortnite update 3.68 (1.000.078) is rolling out on PS4, PC, PS5, Xbox One, and PC. According to the official Fortnite 3.68 patch notes, the latest update added new weapons, new Fortnite Skins, Spider-Gwen, map update and much more. Apart from this, today’s Fortnite update 3.68 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a major Chapter 2 Season 2 update added Doctor Strange, new weapons, features, new LTM modes, map changes, and much more. Unfortunately, since the last major update, players are still facing several issues with the game.
Today’s Fortnite patch 3.68 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Table of Contents
Fortnite Version 3.68 Patch Notes – September 18, 2022
New Battle Royale
BRING ME SNIPER LOVE
The Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper, which debuted in Chapter 3 Season 1: Flipped.
Speaking of weapons, Sniper weapons across the board (including ones still vaulted) have had their damage and their headshot multipliers increased. Expert marksmen and trickshotters rejoice, because now one shot could be all it takes to send someone back to the Lobby. Keep your head on a swivel and — if your aim is on-point — one-shot opponents with certain Snipers once again. (Even in Zero Build!)
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper– damage and headshot multiplier increased
- Hunting Rifle– damage and headshot multiplier increased
- Automatic Sniper Rifle– damage and headshot multiplier increased
- Lever Action Rifle– damage and headshot multiplier increased
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle– damage increased
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle– damage increased
- Rail Gun– damage increased
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle– damage increased
- Heavy Sniper Rifle– headshot multiplier increased
- Storm Scout Sniper Rifle– headshot multiplier increased
- Boom Sniper Rifle– explosive damage increased
The EvoChrome weapons location.
The EvoChrome weapons can be found in Chrome Chests and are available in Uncommon to Mythic rarities!
Chrome’s introduction caused the creation of theEvoChrome ShotgunandEvoChrome Burst Rifle. Find these weapons fromChrome Chests, then see their rarity increase the more you damage opponents with them. Take ‘em from Uncommon to Mythic!
New in Season 4: Phase through walls! Throw a Chrome Splash at the walls to make them penetrable.
WEAPONS B.C.E. (BEFORE THE CHROME ERA)
Some pre-paradise things are alright… Use strategies from yesteryear with unvaulted weapons and returning Vibin’ weapons:
- Sidearm Pistol
- Prime Shotgun
- Lever Action Shotgun
- Rapid Fire SMG
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- Hammer Assault Rifle
- Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR)
- Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper
- Firefly Jar
- Harpoon Gun
- Shadow Tracker (Exotic weapon)
- The Dub (Exotic weapon)
- Boom Sniper Rifle (Exotic weapon)
- Boogie Bomb (technically not a weapon but sounds like one)
- Shockwave Grenade (also technically not a weapon but here it is)
A NEW KIND OF HIGH GROUND
In their fear of Chrome, some Island locations are seeking “safety” in the air — most notably Condo Canyon. Now calledCloudy Condos, attack from above in this expanding POI. One way to get up there? Use aD-Launcher, available in different places on the Island to help you gain higher ground.
PHASE THROUGH WALLS
Not even wood, stone, brick, or metal is a match for Chrome. An enemy built a structure for defense? Throw aChrome Splashat the walls to make the walls penetrable — jump right through the building and get the drop on your opponent!
New location: Herald’s Sanctum
In Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4: Paradise, a mysterious substance has appeared on the island. Chrome will consume all, chrome will be all. Embrace the chrome by turning structures chrome, making yourself chrome, and proving the power of chrome weapons.
You’ll be pure Chrome for a limited time, meaning you’ll be immune to fire damage. While Blobbed, you’ll move faster, be immune to fall damage, and gain the ability to air dash.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 Competitive including Arena reset, Divisional competitions, Late Game competitions, and more.
1 Spray – The Spray & Weapon Wrap items can be earned for free in a SypherPK Icon Series Creative Map.
1 Animated Weapon Wrap
1 Loading Screen
- Addressed a bug where driving a vehicle can sometimes clip under the map when impacting the ground
- Fixed an issue where Radios in Published Islands will play the default track when disabled
- Fixed a bug where Grapple Gloves can interact with Mutator Zones
Save The World
- Addressed an issue where the screen flashes white when R.O.S.I.E. is fired at or around the player
- Fixed a bug the “Reset to last saved position” button in the HUD Layout Tool does not return all buttons to the last saved position.
ThePort-A-Bunkeris a smaller, 1×1 version of the Port-A-Fort. This thrown item provides portable cover for players. It can be especially useful in Zero Build modes!
A new player movement type has been added in this update. WhenAllow Slide Kickis turned on, if a player slides into another player or a destructible object, they will perform a sliding kick that does damage and has knockback. This can be turned on or off in the My Island Settings tab, the Class Designer device, or the Team Settings & Inventory device.
NEW IN CREATIVE DOCUMENTATION
The Prefab docs are grouped by theme, and contain a visual presentation of the Prefabs by category. As an example, if you’re looking for ocean or beach-related Prefabs, you can look up all available Prefabs that fit that theme in the Seaside Prefabs doc. We hope this helps you find the Prefabs you need for your awesome island design!
If you’re looking for pages on gameplay mechanics for your island, theGameplay Examplessection is now calledExploring Gameplay. We hope this renaming helps clarify the information you can find here.
For device options with numeric values, you can now click inside the value field and directly type in a numeric value. This is enabled on the following devices:
- Capture Item Spawner
- End Game
- Item Placer
- Level Instance
- Player Counter
- Player Spawner Pad
Note: The numeric input is disabled on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One due to an interaction issue that we are working to fix for the v22.10 update.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue where some floors with grass blocked player movement and weapons, or made players walk above the grass.
- Fixed an issue where the leaf piles inSpooky Prop Gallery Bwere not destructible. The previous indestructible versions were added to theIndestructible Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with a carpet in theNo Collision Gallerywhere a carpet was not displaying the correct texture.
- Fixed a collision issue for some half-walls inThe Shark Wall Gallery.
Known issue: Some tree and bush assets have broken textures, which we are working to fix for the v22.10 update.
- Melee Designer:
- Fixed issues associated with mantling while performing charge attacks. Players can no longer mantle during charge attacks.
- TheJump Attack: Knockbackoption is now impacting players correctly.
- The hammer now has theSprint Attack: Energy Costoption as expected.
- A player cannot attack when theLow Energy Multiplieroption is set to0.0Xand the player is out of Energy.
- Fixed an issue that occurred whenSecondary Actionwas set toNo Action.
- Fixed an issue where Radio devices would play the default track when disabled.
- Fixed an issue where not all Tracker objectives in the HUD would appear if they were activated rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where a disabled Prop Manipulator could take priority over an active one.
- Fixed an issue where theItem Resourceoption was missing from the Prop Manipulator’s Customize panel.
- Fixed an issue where one Wildlife Spawner’sDismountoption would affect wildlife spawned from other Wildlife Spawners.
- Fixed an issue where the Accolade device was inconsistently highlighted when included in a multi-selection.
- Fixed an issue where Guards spawned with theCan Be Hiredoption set toNocould not be changed to be hirable with the Hire Conversation.
- Fixed an issue where the Character device did not play an emote after the player stepped over the trigger.
- Fixed an issue where the Grapple Glove interacted with Mutator Zones.
- Fixed an issue where players had access to another player’s My Island tab when island edit permissions were set to Everyone.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive elimination credit if they left the match early.
- Fixed an issue where theJoin in Progresssetting reverted back to the default after the option was changed in My Island.
- Fixed an issue where the player destroyed indestructible assets while riding a wolf with an Infinity Blade.
Download free Fortnite version 3.68 for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.