Fall Guys servers are down, and players are facing “Connection to the Server Timed Out” issue on PS4 and PC. Since the release, players are experiencing several problems when trying to play the game online. Out of those affected, some are experiencing Fall Guys login issues. You can check Fall Guys server status, maintenance, and downtime details below.
We recommend that you check for and install any available Fall Guys updates. Follow the steps below to fix Fall Guys Connection to the Server Timed Out issues.
Checking for updates on PlayStation 4
- Select the Settings menu from the PlayStation 4 home screen.
- Select System Software Update.
- Install any available updates.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete the update.
Clear your PS4’s cache:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select “Turn Off PS4”.
- Let the PlayStation 4 to power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds entirely.
- Restart the PlayStation 4.
How to fix the “Connection to the Server Timed Out” error in Fall Guys?
Check your Network Address Translation (NAT) Type settings.
A more open NAT Type will have fewer conflicts with other player systems and encounter fewer connectivity issues.
NAT Type Definitions
- NAT Type 1: Can play games with any NAT type. Usually, the system is connected to the Internet without a router
- NAT Type 2: Can play games with open or moderate NAT types. Similar to Type 1, except connected to the Internet through a router
- NAT Type 3: Can only play games with open NAT types
NAT Type Settings
- Navigate to your console’s XMB
- Push up on the left control stick
- Navigate to the Settings panel and choose Network
- Under the View Connection Status
- Your NAT Type will be on the bottom of the next screen
Check your Firewall / Router for NAT Type restrictions
If you have a firewall, you may need to change your NAT type. Sometimes this configuration change is caused by opening or forwarding other network ports.
Check your Open Network Ports
PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:
- Port 465 (TCP)
- Port 983 (TCP)
- Port 1935 (TCP)
- 3478 (TCP)
- 3479 (TCP)
- 3480 (TCP)
- Port 3478 (UDP)
- Port 3479 (UDP)
- 10070 – 10080 (TCP)
Change your Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- Go to Settings
- Select Network
- Select Set Up Internet Connection
- Select Wifi/LAN (depending on what you use to connect)
- Select Custom
- Select / Enter the following details
- IP Address Settings = Automatic
- DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify
- DNS Settings = Manual
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
(These are Google DNS Addresses)
- MTU Settings: Automatic
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Reset Your Network Router
Unplugging your router and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes. Restart the game client as well.
Check Fall Guys Server Down Status on PS4
Check out PlayStation Network status here.