Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) update 8.39 is now rolling out for PlayStation 4 players. According to the official Final Fantasy 14 update 8.39 patch notes, the new update brings a conclusion to the Shadowbringers story. Apart from this, the latest Final Fantasy 14 version 8.39 also added the second instalment of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse, courtesy of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
Previously, a big update added refinements to the realm, including the introduction of a new quest series offering upgradeable equipment, Save the Queen, as well as Skysteel crafter and gatherer tools.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s FFXIV 8.39 for PS4 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Final Fantasy XIV Update 8.39 Patch Notes (FFXIV 8.39)
The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue wherein the names of players in Gangos did not appear in the results of player searches.
- An issue wherein shadows in Gangos did not display properly under certain conditions.
- An issue when undertaking the instanced duty of the main scenario quest “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty” wherein the inherent Sprint status effect was not being applied to the player.
- Final Fantasy 14 update 8.39 fixed an issue when playing the main scenario quest “Deep Designs” wherein repeatedly speaking with the NPC Ryne at the Flounders’ Floor would render players unable to move.
- An issue when undertaking the instanced duty of the quest “The Bozja Incident” wherein the enmity list did not display properly under certain conditions.
- An issue when undertaking the instanced duty of the quest “The Bozja Incident” wherein attacks from certain enemies or NPCs did not display correctly in the battle log.
- FF14 update 8.39 addressed an issue when undertaking the instanced duty of the quest “The Bozja Incident” wherein certain enemy effects did not display properly.
- An issue when undertaking the instanced duty of the quest “The Bozja Incident” wherein using the Scale Window subcommand under certain conditions caused text in windows to display incorrectly.
- An issue when viewing the Resistance officer’s reports in the Sorrow of Werlyt quest series wherein the age of Milisandia was incorrect.
* Her age was erroneously written as 30 years old, and has been corrected to 20 years old.
- An issue wherein using the Scholar skill Summon Seraph while under the effect of Whispering Dawn would lower its healing potency.
- An issue when fighting the boss enemy Lugus in the Grand Cosmos wherein collision detection for objects to remove the status ailment Mortal Flame was inaccurate.
- An issue in the duty Thornmarch (Hard) wherein the potency of the enemy attack Memento Moogle was incorrect.
- An issue in the duties Battle on the Big Bridge and Battle in the Big Keep wherein players were not forcibly drawn into the battle arena when it was sealed off.
- An issue when undertaking the duty Memoria Misera (Extreme) wherein the sound effect for the enemy action Magitek Spark was too loud.
- An issue when participating in Frontline or Rival Wings wherein use of the /dice command in alliance chat could also be seen by the opposing team.
- An issue in the Dravanian Forelands wherein certain elite marks would spawn in the same location as FATEs.
- An issue wherein the listed attributes for the item Engraved Goatskin Grimoire were incorrect.
- An issue wherein the King Slime Crown had no not blown in the wind in certain areas.
- An issue wherein graphics for the furnishing Manor Dressing Table did not display correctly.
- An issue wherein certain graphics for the housing exterior fixtures Half-timbered Cottage Walls, Half-timbered House Walls, and Half-timbered Mansion Walls did not display correctly.
- An issue when using the housing exterior fixtures Small Eatery Walls, Medium Eatery Walls, or Large Eatery Walls wherein the timing of light pouring in through the windows was incongruent with Eorzea time.
- An issue wherein help text for the minion silver dasher was incorrect.
- An issue wherein the graphics for certain gear was displaying incorrectly.
- An issue wherein footsteps could not be heard when walking on or jumping on certain furnishings.
- An issue wherein players received the wrong items when using desynthesis.
- An issue in Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks wherein players could use the fisher action Cast at locations not designated as fishing holes.
- An issue when using the Duty Recorder wherein replays of the alliance raid dungeon the Copied Factory did not record the initial chapter when entering the instance. (PlayStation®4 only)
- An issue wherein free company chat was temporarily unavailable when logging in on a World other than your Home World.
- An issue wherein Voice 4 for Viera when using the Angry and Surprised emotes was reversed.
- An issue wherein the Controlled Chaos hairstyle did not display correctly on Miqo’te characters.
- Other various issues have also been addressed.
You can read full details here.
Download free Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) update 8.39 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.