Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) update 7.87 for PlayStation 4 is now available. According to the official Final Fantasy 14 update 7.87 patch notes, the new update 7.87 comes with various gameplay changes and bug fixes. Apart from this, the latest Final Fantasy XIV version 7.87 also the resolves several issues related to server performance, game client bugs, and UI bugs.
Previously, a big update was released with New cities, New field areas, gameplay changes, bug fixes and more. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s FFXIV 7.87 for PS4 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) Update 7.87 PS4 Patch Notes
- New Chronicles of a New Era quests have been added.
New orchestrion rolls have been added.
- Sound effects for certain gunbreaker actions have been adjusted.
- The new raid dungeon Eden’s Gate has been added.
- New items have been added.
- New minions have been added.
- New achievements have been added.
- Additions have been made to the auto-translation dictionary.
- New music has been added.
- The volume of the title screen music has been increased.
- The character creation text for both Helions and the Lost has been updated to clarify the Hrothgar lore.
- Final Fantasy 14 update 7.87 fixed an issue wherein the icon for the main scenario quest “The Light of Inspiration” sometimes displayed incorrectly.
- An issue with the instanced battle in the main scenario quest “The Oracle of Light” wherein the incapacitation of Alisaie would sometimes not result in duty failure.
- An issue with the side quest “Seeking Inspiration” wherein completing the applicable Duty Roulette: Leveling dungeon would not advance the quest.
- An issue wherein the quest objectives for the side quest “Cut from a Different Cloth” were incorrect.
- An issue with the side quest “Morbid Motivation” wherein completing the applicable dungeon from Duty Roulette: Level 50/60/70 Dungeons would not advance the quest.
- An issue wherein the astrologian PvE action Play would sometimes not take effect when applied to NPCs or companion chocobos.
- An issue with red mage PvE actions wherein the icons for Verthunder and Verstone would change to those of Verflare and Verholy when the corresponding conditions were met even before reaching the level at which Verflare and Verholy are learned.
- An issue with summoner and scholar wherein Physick would not function when executed via text command.
- An issue wherein charged actions could not be executed multiple times in succession under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the tooltip for the pet action Guard was inaccurate.
- An issue wherein the pet action Whispering Dawn would not take effect under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the Closed Position status would not be removed upon loss of connection.
- An issue wherein attempting to interrupt certain enemy actions did not have the intended result.
- An issue wherein the white mage PvP action Afflatus Solace could not be executed while afflicted with Silence.
- An issue wherein damage from the ninja PvP actions Bhavacakra, Goka Mekkyaku, and Hyosho Ranryu was not counted as magic damage.
- An issue wherein the ninja PvP actions Goka Mekkyaku and Hyosho Ranryu were categorized incorrectly.
- An issue wherein the tooltip for the summoner PvP action Summon Phoenix was inaccurate.
- An issue with PvP wherein the duration of effects applied by the Cometeor and Terminal Velocity adrenaline rushes was incorrect.
- An issue wherein coffers in the Qitana Ravel would drop the Fallen Tree furnishing directly into the player inventory rather than adding it to the loot window.
* As of patch 5.01, all party members will be able to roll on this item via the loot window.
- An issue with the Qitana Ravel wherein certain monsters did not always appear.
- An issue with the World of Darkness wherein Cerberus did not display correctly.
- An issue with Sigmascape V1.0 wherein being transported between train cars could cause pets to withdraw.
- An issue with the Crown of the Immaculate wherein detrimental effects were not always removed at the appropriate time.
- An issue wherein both EXP and tokens could be received from Frontline and Rival Wings under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the Wootz Mask did not display correctly when equipped by Miqo’te and Viera.
- An issue wherein Roegadyn males and Hrothgar did not display correctly when riding the Pegasus or Black Pegasus mounts.
- An issue wherein minions did not display correctly on Hrothgar shoulders.
- An issue wherein the Vanu Vanu Head did not display correctly when equipped by Viera.
- An issue wherein the correct audio for Viera voice types 7 and 9 did not play while in combat.
- An issue wherein the Gyosei Kai could not be dyed.
- An issue wherein the graphical effect indicating that hydrangeas are ready to harvest did not display.
- An issue wherein level 75 exploration ventures could not be commenced by retainers at item level 75.
- An issue wherein players would find themselves automatically partied with their adventurer squadron upon entering an instance under certain conditions.
- An issue with the crafting log wherein the “Search for Item by Crafting Method” subcommand could yield incorrect results.
- An issue wherein the map would become the active on-screen layer after performing certain interactions or zone changes in some quests.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
- An issue wherein the occlusion culling option did not function correctly in the Mac 64-bit application.
- An issue in the Mac 64-bit application wherein switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode caused the areas of the screen outside of the game window to appear black.
- An issue in the Mac 64-bit application wherein the first text character input was not recognized when initiating direct chat.
- An issue in the instanced battle of the main scenario quest “When It Rains” wherein the player was unable to proceed under certain conditions.
* Updated Tuesday, July 16 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)
- An issue in the main scenario quest “A Still Tide” wherein interacting with a blighted crop and defeating the pestilent swarm caused the blighted crop effect to reappear.
* Updated Tuesday, July 16 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)
- Final Fantasy 14 update 7.87 an issue when completing certain Crystarium delivery quests wherein text in the quest completion window did not display properly.
- An issue in the level 70 black mage quest wherein Japanese text was displayed.
- An issue in the FATE “Cry Not Wolf” wherein the description contained the wrong location.
Final Fantasy XIV update 7.87 for PS4 is now available for download.