Fallout 76 update 1.56 patch notes for PS4, PC, and Xbox One is now available for players. According to Fallout 76 1.56 patch notes, the latest update brings a new Season, bug fixes, rewards, and more. Apart from this, Fallout 76 patch version 1.56 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update added the first Season (The Legendary Run) which includes a new progression and reward system.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are reporting several issues while playing the game online. Today’s Fallout 76 version 1.56 will resolve a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in Fallout 76 1.56 Patch Notes?
Raid your closet for a cape, a mask, and anything you can find that’s made from spandex, because in Fallout 76 Season 6 you’re going to team up with The Unstoppables on their latest adventure! The villainous SamurEye, Pyramind, and Catarax have grown tired of our heroes shutting down their individual plots and plans over the years. Now, they’ve joined forces to become The Diabolicals, and they’re on a mission to put a stop to The Unstoppables once and for all. Achieve 100 rank-ups (and beyond!) on the all-new “The Unstoppables VS. The Diabolicals” Scoreboard this Season. As you do, you’ll be able to claim lots of new rewards and aid The Inspector, Silver Shroud, Mistress of Mystery, Manta Man, and Grognak the Barbarian as they foil the Diabolicals’ criminal schemes.
NEW REWARDS AND CHALLENGES
The latest FO76 update 1.56 added like the new Allies, SamurEye Power Armor, Unstoppables outfits, weapon skins, and other cosmetics, and new CAMP items, among many others.
As you progress on the Scoreboard, you’ll be able to claim a reward each time you reach a new rank, such as consumable items, in-game currencies, Legendary Cores and Modules, weapon skins, C.A.M.P. objects, lots of Unstoppables themed cosmetics, and much more! With Season 5, we introduced the ability to continue your Season journey well beyond the previous rank 100 maximum, and Season 6 will do the same. You’ll continue earning rewards for every rank you hit past 100, which includes Perk Card Packs, Legendary Crafting components, consumables, and Atoms.
If you’re going to be fighting crime alongside The Unstoppables this Season, you’re also going to need to look the part! We’re adding new Daily and Weekly Challenges to the Season lineup that will ask you to take down creatures or complete events while in costume, or while dressed as a member of The Unstoppables. Don’t worry if your wardrobe is currently lacking in the costume department, the Unstoppables and sidekick themed items you can earn as you rank up will help you progress these Challenges.
MEET DAPHNE AND MAUL
Season 6 also brings two new Allies to the game in Daphne and Maul, and you will be able to unlock them by reaching ranks 25 and 50, respectively. They won’t send you on quests, but they will keep you company in your C.A.M.P., sell you some of the items they’ve managed to scavenge, and give you a buff once per day.
- Daphne – By day, Daphne is a child of the Wasteland. At night, she transforms into her alter ego, The Inspector! In exchange for some Caps, she’ll sell you toys, snacks, and drinks. She’ll also offer two different buffs, depending on what time of day you speak with her. During the day, Daphne will grant you some bonus Luck and the ability to identify magazines and comics more easily. As The Inspector, she’ll cast a spell to increase your Perception, help you find more food from containers, and extra caps from caps stashes.
- Maul – As soon as you meet Maul, you’ll quickly realize that this talkative Super Mutant is obsessed with his hero, Grognak. Speak with Maul each day to earn his trust and learn more about him. You will be able to buy various types of meat and meat-themed plans from him, and the buff he has to share will improve your Strength, increase your rad resistance, and make your melee weapons feel lighter in your hands.
SEASON 5 EXTENDED TWO WEEKS
We’ve discovered an issue affecting Season 5 rank-ups, where players in some cases are unable to claim the rewards for ranks they purchased using Atoms. This does not affect rank-ups achieved by earning S.C.O.R.E., but we are working hard to get this fixed up as soon as possible so that all players can enjoy the rewards they’ve earned.
As a result, we have extended Season 5 by two weeks, until September 21. During the first week, rank-up purchases using Atoms will be disabled while we work to resolve the underlying issue, and you can continue to rank-up by earning S.C.O.R.E. from Daily and Weekly Challenges. During the second week, we will release our fix and re-enable rank-up purchases so that everyone has plenty of time to claim any rewards they unlocked during this two week period.
We know that many players in the community are excited to kick off Season 6, and we are too. However, we want to make sure all players can access their Season 5 rewards before we roll into the new Season. Thank you very much, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
INTRODUCING: FALLOUT WORLDS
With this update for Fallout 76, we’re introducing Fallout Worlds, which offers players the ability to experience the game in unique new ways with two new game modes: Public Worlds and Custom Worlds.
- The new Public Worlds mode will help you shake up your normal gameplay by offering special worlds that have a pre-selected group of Fallout Worlds settings enabled, fit to a theme.
- All players can join Public Worlds to dive into an Appalachia that’s wildly different from Adventure Mode.
- One Public World will be available to players at a time. Currently, we are planning to rotate Public Worlds once per month so that you can regularly try out a variety of different experiences. However, rotation frequency may change in the future based on community feedback and other factors.
- Here are the first five Public Worlds that you will be able to check out in-game. As voted on by our Public Test Server participants, we’re starting with “Happy Builder,” and will rotate through the rest in the following order:
- Happy Builder: Reduced C.A.M.P. placement restrictions, relaxed building restrictions, all Map locations discovered, and PvP has been disabled.
- High Risk: No Fast Travel, always-on PVP, players drop additional loot on death, free workbench crafting, and legendary item attributes have been disabled.
- Dweller Must Die: Greatly increased enemy difficulty, increased damage, increased equipment durability, and “Dark Bog” weather effects.
- Quantum World: Max jump height, no fall damage, nuked creatures and flora, and “Quantum Storm” weather.
- Butcher’s Delight: Infinite ammo, no VATS or melee attack AP costs, and enhanced dismemberment.
- Players with active Fallout 1st memberships can now choose the Custom Worlds option from the Play menu to create a new type of world where they can adjust a wide variety of different settings to create an Appalachia that’s tailored to their liking.
- To create a Custom World, click “Play” from the Main Menu, select Custom World, hit “Select World Template,” and then start tinkering with settings you’d like to try out.
- Up to seven friends can join you in your Custom World, for a total of eight players per World.
- Please Note: Private Worlds mode has been renamed to “Private Adventure” with today’s update to better differentiate it from Custom Worlds mode.
- While creating your Custom World, you can choose among a broad array of customization settings and let your imagination run wild with the possibilities! Here are some of the options at your disposal:
- Workshop: Build in previously restricted areas, disable the need for electricity, increase your C.A.M.P. budget and build height, relax building restrictions, and more.
- Combat: Infinite enemy spawns, alter PvP rules, adjust enemy difficulty, give yourself infinite ammo, change item durability, and more.
- General: Disable Fast Travel or make it free. Choose special weather effects, including Radstorms and Nuke Zones, as well as new weather effects, like Quantum Storm and Dark Bog. Add filters for a unique view of Appalachia, adjust jump height, fall damage, or even the consequences on death.
- Please note: Some Custom World settings may impact your game client’s performance. However, you are still free to use them, and can always enable or disable them again as needed.
- Currently, you can save a Custom World you’ve created in one of three available slots, and you can select one of them to set it as your active Custom World.
- You can edit your Custom Worlds after you’ve finished creating them, so even if you’ve filled all three Custom World slots, you can still change them up as needed.
- If you are a Fallout 1st member and you have played in a friend’s Custom World previously, you will be able to log into it — even if the World owner is offline.
- To do this, select Custom Worlds from the Play menu, click “View Worlds,” select your friend’s World from the “Shared World” section and set it to “Active.” You can then play in that World by selecting Custom Worlds from the Play menu.
- If you are not currently an active Fallout 1st member, don’t worry. You can still join your friends who are Fallout 1st members in the Custom Worlds that they’ve set up while they are online.
- The progress each of your characters make in Public or Custom Worlds is specific to those worlds, and is completely separate from Adventure Mode.
- You can clone your Adventure Mode character for use in a Public or Custom World at any time, and you can have up to 5 Fallout World characters at a time.
- If you have reached your 5 character limit, characters can be manually unlinked from Public or Custom worlds at any time.
- Your character progress in a Public World will remain available as long as that Public World is still available for play.
- Additionally, please note that Challenges cannot be completed, and you will not earn S.C.O.R.E., achievements, or trophies while playing in a Public or Custom World.
If you would like to learn additional details about Fallout Worlds, you can head here to read our article on Bethesda.net or read through our FAQ on the Fallout 1st website.
DAILY OPS EXPANSION
Our latest expansion for Daily Ops brings a new weekend event that amps up the challenge, but offers increased rewards. Read on for a brief overview of everything we’re adding to Daily Ops, including Double Mutation Weekend events!
DOUBLE MUTATION WEEKEND EVENTS
- During Double Mutation weekends, Daily Ops will be randomized each day with enemies who have one of eight unique combinations of two different Mutations.
- Double Mutation Weekend events will typically run every other weekend, from Thursday to Monday, starting and ending at the normal Daily Ops reset time.
- While a Double Mutation event is active, daring adventurers who are willing to delve into Daily Ops will earn the following increased rewards:
- 2 – 6 Legendary Cores for the first and all subsequent Elder Tier completions
- Double XP during every Daily Ops playthrough
- Double the in-game currency rewards from every Daily Ops playthrough
DOUBLE THE DANGER!
- Check out the full list of potential double Mutations that enemies can sport during the new weekend events, so that you know what you’ll be up against.
- Blistering Cold: “Blistering” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Swift-Footed Mutations
- Chilling Mend: “Chilling” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Group Regeneration Mutations
- Clouded Toxins: “Clouded” enemies have the Active Camouflage and Toxic Blood Mutations
- Relentless: “Relentless” enemies have the Resilient and Group Regeneration Mutations
- Stinging Frost: “Stinging” enemies have the Freezing Touch and Toxic Blood Mutations
- Swift Stalker: “Stalking” enemies have the Active Camouflage and Swift-Footed Mutations
- Unstable: “Unstable” enemies have the Volatile and Swift-Footed Mutations
- Vaporous: “Vaporous” enemies have the Volatile and Active Camouflage Mutations
- We’ve added Communists to the pool of randomized enemy groups you may encounter in any Daily Ops mode.
- Fight your way through Arktos Pharma Biome Lab, Watoga High School, and Uncanny Caverns, all of which have been added to the randomized pool of locations for Daily Ops.
- In this update for Daily Ops, we’re adding Plans for two legendary weapons, new themed cosmetics, and more. Check out the full list below for new rewards you’ll be able to earn by completing Daily Ops:
- Plan: Arctic Marine Armor
- Plan: Mechanic’s Best Friend Pipe Wrench
- Plan: Sole Survivor Lever Action Rifle
- Outfit: Black Hazmat Suit
- Plan: Mirelurk King Tube
- Blood Eagle Skull Lord Outfit
- Blood Eagle Skull Lord Helmet
- Blood Eagle Auto-Grenade Launcher Paint
ADDITIONAL DAILY OPS IMPROVEMENTS
- Enemies: We’ve addressed a number of issues that were affecting Mothman Hatchlings, and these cute-but-deadly creatures will once again appear when Cultists are the current Daily Ops enemy group.
- Mutations: “Volatile” enemy explosion damage has been adjusted, and now does health percentage-based damage that can be partially mitigated by anti-explosion effects.
- Reset Timer: We’ve added a timer so you can more easily check when the next Daily Ops reset will occur. You can find the timer in the “Intel” section of the detailed Daily Ops menu after selecting a Daily Op from the World Activity Tracker.
NUCLEAR WINTER MODE REWARDS
With the arrival of today’s update, we have removed the Nuclear Winter game mode from Fallout 76. Alongside this change, we’re granting rewards to all players who had completed at least one Nuclear Winter match, and making many of the mode’s progression rewards available in Adventure Mode.
- Nuclear Winter Pennant: All players who completed at least one Nuclear Winter match will receive a Nuclear Winter themed Pennant they can build in their CAMPs. The Pennant will be added to your Wall Décor category in the build menu within two weeks following today’s update.
- Perk Coins: With today’s update, we’re granting Perk Coins to players based on their progression in Nuclear Winter Mode so that you can give your Legendary Perk Card collection a boost.
- You will receive 6 Perk Coins per Nuclear Winter Perk Card you earned from the Nuclear Winter progression system.
- You will also get 1 Perk Coin per Overseer Ticket you earned.
- These Perk Coins have already been added to your account, and will be available to you as soon as you log in.
- Cosmetic Rewards: Many of the cosmetic rewards that could be earned by climbing Overseer Ranks in Nuclear Winter are now available in Adventure Mode as rewards that you can claim by completing Public Events. Here is the current list of events where you have a chance to earn these cosmetics:
- A Colossal Problem
- Project Paradise
- Scorched Earth
- Limited Time Events: Festive Scorched & Treasure Hunter
- Exclusive Rewards: Nuclear Winter Trophies and Statues will remain exclusive to players who earned them by climbing the ranks in the Nuclear Winter progression system.
To learn more about our reasoning behind this change, you can read through this article on Fallout.com, or head here for more details about how rewards are being distributed.
- Pip-Boy: Junk acquired from scrapping items will now appear in the Pip-Boy’s “New” tab.
- Pip-Boy: Inventory items can now be sorted by their stack weight.
- Pip-Boy: When scrolling in the Pip-Boy inventory, navigating up from the top item in the list will now move the player’s selection to the bottom of the list, and vice versa.
- Vault 51: Alongside this update for Fallout 76, Vault 51 has now opened up for exploration in all game modes, including Adventure. Follow the red wire to find your way inside, and then poke around to learn more about what befell the Dwellers of Vault 51.
BUG FIXES & ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS
- Appliances: Fixed an issue causing parts of the Classic Jukebox to become invisible.
- Armor: The Covert Scout Armor Torso no longer clips through character models that have the muscular body type.
- Emotes: Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck in an Emote animation loop.
- Headwear: Fixed a number of headwear items that include face coverings so that they no longer clip into the faces of female character models.
- Melee Weapons: The Cultist Dagger now plays the correct attack animations.
- Power Armor: Transferring pieces of Strangler Heart Power Armor to a Power Armor Chassis no longer causes duplicate vines to appear and float nearby.
- Ranged Weapons: The Lucille’s Lullaby Paint for the Minigun now correctly applies to the weapon’s Tri-Barrel mod.
- Ranged Weapons: Corrected the direction of the Minigun’s barrel spin while wearing Power Armor.
- World: Objects in Lou’s Mine now animate correctly during the Cheating Death quest.
C.A.M.P.S & WORKSHOPS
- Appliances: The RobCo Snow Machine now remains switched off after fast traveling or logging out.
- Blueprints: Creating an auto-blueprint by moving CAMP locations no longer causes the “Store” button to become visually greyed out when that blueprint is selected in build mode.
- Budget: Maximum build counts now correctly account for items that are already stored.
- Displays: Fixed an issue where items could visually fall off of the Display Cases the player had assigned them to.
- Lights: The option that appears when viewing a destroyed Fire Barrel is now correctly labeled “Repair” instead of “Take.”
- Shelters: Standing just outside a C.A.M.P.’s buildable area no longer prevents the player from building a Shelter Entrance within it.
- Workshops: The visual build boundary no longer persists after exiting build mode in the Mount Blair Workshop.
- Daily: Cultist Ghouls now correctly count toward Challenges that require players to kill Cultists.
- Audio: Daily Ops locations now properly play music that’s specific to the game mode.
- Audio: Weapon sound effects have been slowed down while affected by Freezing Touch.
- Contextual Ammo: When using a Pepper Shaker with a standard magazine, enemies in Daily Ops will now drop shotgun shells more often.
- Enemies: Cultist enemies now correctly display objective markers overhead during Daily Ops inside Vault 96.
- Enemies: Enemies who have rocket launchers no longer stop shooting at the player after firing a single rocket.
- Enemies: Daily Ops bosses no longer prioritize melee attacking the player over using their primary weapons.
- Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause Mothman Hatchlings to become invincible.
- Enemies: Mothman Hatchlings no longer become unresponsive.
- Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause Mothman Hatchlings to become stuck in walls after teleporting.
- Enemies: Camouflaged Mothman Hatchlings no longer become invisible while attacking.
- Locations: Entering a Daily Op in Watoga Civic Center during the quest “The Ol’ Weston Shuffle” no longer causes incorrect quest targets to display in the Daily Op instance.
- Markers: Custom map markers no longer appear on the Compass while in a Daily Ops instance.
- Mutations: Enemies with Volatile no longer damage other enemies on death.
- Mutations: All weapons used by “Freezing” enemies will now apply the Freezing Touch effect, except grenades and mines.
- Mutations: The Freezing Touch effect no longer persists on players after leaving a Daily Op.
- Mutations: Getting hit by enemies with Freezing Touch now causes a Freezing Touch effect to appear in the Pip-Boy.
- Mutations: The Toxic Blood effect no longer suddenly stops applying damage.
- Mutations: Enemies with Volatile or Toxic Blood no longer explode and damage players after completing a Daily Op.
- Mutations: Enemies with Group Regeneration now properly heal their nearby companions.
- Mutations: Resilient visual effects no longer persist on enemies after they have been healed.
- Mutations: Shooting enemies with Resilient no longer sometimes causes black decals to appear on their bodies.
- Mutations: Enemies with Resilient no longer display the Resilient visual effects immediately after spawning.
- Operation Report: The description text for Elder Tier rewards now correctly states that it guarantees a rare reward on the player’s first completion.
- Operation Report: Fixed an issue that could cause the Operation Report to display an incredibly high completion time.
- Rewards: Fixed an issue that allowed players to earn Daily Ops rewards more often than intended when playing during the daily reset.
- Subtitles: Adjusted the subtitles for several of Vernon Dodge’s voice lines so that they match his voiceover.
EVENTS & QUESTS
- A Knight’s Penance: The Shovel no longer retains its quest item status after clearing the rock wall during the quest.
- A Satisfied Conscience: Picking up a clue during the “Defeat the robots” objective and then logging out no longer prevents this quest from progressing after logging back in.
- Field Testing: Paladin Rahmani now says the correct dialogue based on the player’s choices when asked about the Putnams.
- Manhunt: VATS can now target Mad Dog Malone.
- Missing Persons: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from progressing the quest after finding the Dove Necklace.
- Monster Mash: Being on the event leaderboard no longer prevents the player from joining Daily Ops.
- One Violent Night: Playing an instrument no longer causes enemies to stand still or run away from the player.
- The Catalyst: Russell Dorsey will no longer remain inside Fort Atlas after the quest.
- The Elusive Crane: Fixed an issue that could allow players to repeatedly receive an item reward from the RobCo Cache.
- Ammo Converter: Fixed an issue in which the Ammo Converter would remove or grant Cryo ammo when attempting to sell or buy Fuel.
- Apparel: The Mr. Claus Beard can no longer be equipped at the same time as the Centurion Helmet.
- Legendary Cores: Attempting to transfer a Legendary Core into a container now correctly causes a “You can’t store that here” message to appear.
- Legendary Weapons: Fixed an issue causing melee weapons with the “Reflects 50% of melee damage while blocking” legendary effect to deal more damage than intended.
- Melee Weapons: Players can now properly pick up Sheepsquatch Clubs found in the world.
- Ranged Weapons: Black Powder Weapons now correctly have a “No appearance” mod, and weapon paints the player had previously applied can be removed.
- Legendary Items: Removed unnecessary extra words from the prefixes of certain legendary attribute names in non-English versions of the game.
- Legendary Power Armor: Corrected the name of Bolstering Legendary Power Armor mods in the French version of the game.
- Quests: Fixed an issue that could cause some of Knight Shin’s dialogue options to be skipped during “A Knight’s Penance” in the Italian version of the game.
- Minerva: Removed a number of item plans from Minerva’s inventory that can be earned elsewhere, like the Ammo Converter and Chicken Coop.
- Power Armor: NPCs who wear Power Armor will no longer be affected by debuffs caused by having an empty Fusion Core.
- Cannibal: Players who are on a team, but are not the Team Leader, can now correctly consume corpses inside instanced cells.
- Grenadier: Now properly increases the blast damage radius of grenades.
- Lock and Load: Entering or exiting Power Armor no longer removes the faster reload effect.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Client: Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to crash after placing Power Armor.
- Client: Addressed game client crashes that could occur during normal gameplay.
- Client: Fixed an issue that could cause “undefined” items to appear in the Pip-Boy inventory, which would result in a client crash when inspecting or selecting those items.
- Client: Switching between first- and third-person view while viewing a container during a period of heavy combat no longer causes the game client to crash.
- Compass: The icon for the Survival Tent now correctly appears on the Compass.
- Main Menu: After launching the game, rapidly pressing buttons to reach the Main Menu more quickly no longer causes the Seasons widget display “Max Rank.”
- Perk Cards: On PC, if a player has both the animated and normal version of a Perk Card, both can now be selected using the mouse.
- Scoreboard: The next repeatable rank-up reward after reaching Rank 130 now appears correctly on the Scoreboard.
- Scoreboard: Fixed an issue that could cause the Scoreboard to appear while the player was already using a crafting Workbench.
- Settings: Pressing the “Defaults” button now properly resets all Game Settings to their default values.
- Settings: On PC, toggling the Controller setting to “On” using the mouse no longer prevents the player from navigating the Game Settings menus with a controller.
- Social: Fixed an issue that could cause pending friend requests to disappear after a few minutes.
- Social: Fixed an issue that could cause a player to appear offline to their friends when viewed in the friends list.
- Environment: Corrected several locations where the player could see outside the game world.
- Foundation: Fixed a location where Paige could become stuck in Foundation.
- Pathing: Corrected several locations around Appalachia where players could become stuck.
- Pathing: Fixed a ramp that enemies and players could not walk up in the construction area of R&G Processing Services.
- Vault 94: The Vault 94 Community Terminal no longer opens an incorrect Terminal submenu after selecting the “Vault 94 Purpose” option.
- Vault-Tec University: Protectrons no longer become stuck in the Computer Lab inside Vault-Tec University.
What is new in Fallout 76 Steel Reign Update?
STEEL REIGN QUESTLINE
This update brings all-new quests to Fallout 76 with the Steel Reign questline, which picks up right where you left off with the Brotherhood of Steel at the end of Steel Dawn.
- Steel Reign’s questline is available to any player over level 20 who has completed “The Best Defense”.
- Players who have completed that quest will then see the quest “A Knights Penance”, which will lead them to speak with Russell Dorsey in Fort Atlas.
Completion of the Steel Reign questline will award the player with brand new items.
With this update, we’re implementing the Legendary Crafting system, which you can use to turn normal items into legendary items, re-roll your existing legendary items’ attributes, and even upgrade or downgrade their star-ratings.
- Using a new crafting component, called Legendary Cores, along with a few Legendary Modules, you can now craft “Legendary Upgrades” for your items.
- Visit Weapon and Armor Workbenches, and then open the Modify menu to get started with Legendary Crafting.
- You can earn Legendary Cores as rewards by completing Seasonal Events, Public Events, and Daily Ops.
- As always, Legendary Modules are available from Purveyor Murmrgh in exchange for some Legendary Scrips.
- You can craft 1-, 2-, and 3-star Legendary Upgrades for your gear, and the materials required to craft them increase based on the Legendary Upgrade tier you choose.
- Applying a Legendary Upgrade to a normal item will turn it into a legendary version of that item, with 1, 2, or 3 randomly assigned legendary attributes, depending on the tier of Legendary Upgrade you applied.
- Applying a Legendary Upgrade to an existing Legendary Item can increase or decrease the number of legendary attributes that item has, again depending on the tier of Legendary Upgrade you apply. Here are examples of each option:
- Upgrade: Modding a 1-star item with a 3-star Legendary Upgrade will turn it into a 3-star version of that item with 3 random attributes.
- Downgrade: Modding a 3-star item with a 2-star Legendary Upgrade will result in a 2-star version of that item with 2 random attributes.
- Re-roll: Modding a 3-star item with a 3-star Legendary Upgrade replace all 3 of the existing item’s attributes and apply 3 news ones at random.
LEGENDARY POWER ARMOR
In addition to weapons and normal armor, Legendary Crafting can also be used to create pieces of Legendary Power Armor.
- Like weapons and armor, Legendary Power Armor pieces can also be upgraded, downgraded, and re-rolled.
- Visit any Power Armor Station and modify your favorite set of Power Armor to apply some Legendary Upgrades.
- The vast majority of Legendary attributes that are available to normal armor can also be applied to Power Armor, with the following exceptions:
- Auto-Revive: Chance to revive using a Stimpak
- Acrobat’s: Reduced fall damage
- Improved Sneaking: Harder to detect while sneaking
- Diver’s: Grants underwater breathing
- Unyielding: +3 to all stats (except END) when low health
- Weightless: 90% less carry weight, does not affect that Chameleon mutation
- Limb Damage: Reduced Limb Damage
LEGENDARY BALANCE CHANGES
Alongside the arrival of Legendary Crafting, we’ve also revisited our lineup of Legendary Attributes to add some new ones, and give a tune-up to a few that already existed. Give some of the new and updated Legendary Attributes a test run using your existing items, or by making them using the Legendary Crafting system.
NEW LEGENDARY WEAPON ATTRIBUTES
- Aristocrat’s: Damage increases as Caps increase. Maximum of +50% damage at 29,000 Caps.
- Juggernaut’s: Damage increases as Health increases. Maximum of +25% damage at 95% health or above.
- Gourmand’s: Damage increases as you fill your hunger and thirst meters. Maximum of +24% damage.
- Last Shot: The final round in a magazine has a 25% chance to deal twice as much damage.
- Single shot weapons, like Black Powder Rifles, cannot spawn with Last Shot.
- Steady: +25% damage while standing still
- Inertial: Replenish 15 Action Points with each kill.
- Ghost’s: Attacks that hit enemies each have a 10% chance to generate a Stealth Field.
NEW LEGENDARY ARMOR AND POWER ARMOR ATTRIBUTES
- Aristocrat’s: Energy and Damage Resistances increase as Caps increase. Maximum of +20 for each resistance at 29,000 Caps.
- Overeater’s: Increases Damage Reduction up to +6% as you fill your hunger and thirst meters.
- Glutton’s: Hunger and Thirst grow 10% slower. This effect stacks up to a maximum of +50%.
- Fireproof: +25 Fire Resistance
- Warming: +25 Cryo Resistance
- Hardy: Receive 10% less damage from explosions
- Doctor’s: Stimpaks, RadAway, and Rad-X are 5% more effective.
- Burning: 5% chance to deal 100 Fire damage to melee attackers
- Electrified: 5% chance to deal 100 Energy damage to melee attackers
- Frozen: 5% chance to deal 100 Cryo damage to melee attackers
- Toxic: 5% chance to deal 100 Poison damage to melee attackers
- Dissipating: Slowly regenerate Radiation damage when out of combat.
LEGENDARY WEAPON ATTRIBUTE CHANGES
- Assassin’s: Increased damage vs. Humans from +10% to +50%.
- Berserker’s: Removed the damage debuff when Damage Resistance is 80 or higher. The damage buff when Damage Resistance is between 1 and 60 has been slightly reduced.
- Exterminator’s: Increased damage vs. Mirelurks and Bugs from +30% to +50%.
- Ghoul Slayer’s: Increased damage vs. Ghouls from +30% to +50%.
- Hunter’s: Increased damage vs. Animals from +30% to +50%.
- Mutant’s: Updated functionality. Damage now increases by +5% per Mutation that affects the character, up to a maximum of +25%.
- Mutant Slayer’s: Increased damage vs. Super Mutants from +30% to +50%.
- Nocturnal: Removed daytime debuff. Nighttime damage buff has been increased.
- Suppressor’s: Damage reduction applied to the target has been buffed from 20% for 3 seconds to 25% for 5 seconds.
- Troubleshooter’s: Increased damage vs. Robots from +30% to +50%.
- Zealot’s: Increased damage vs. Scorched from +30% to +50%.
- Basher’s: Increased bashing damage from +40% to +50%.
- Hitman’s: Increased damage while aiming from +10% to +25%.
- Enhanced VATS: Increased the VATS hit chance from +33% to +50%.
LEGENDARY ARMOR ATTRIBUTE CHANGES
- Assassin’s: Now reduces damage taken from all humans by -15%.
- Nocturnal: Removed daytime debuff. Damage and Energy Resistances now increase by +10% per piece of Nocturnal armor during nighttime.
SEASON 5: K.D. INKWELL AND ESCAPE FROM THE 42ND CENTURY
K.D. Inkwell is back in an all-new adventure! This time, we join our heroine on a thrilling adventure to the 42nd Century! After a calibration malfunction, K.D. Inkwell is thrust into a dystopian possible future inhabited by Dolphin Human Hybrids called the M.I.N.D. Organization! These nefarious nautical beings have only one goal in mind: to convert the last remnants of humanity into their soulless collective. Can K.D. escape this wild world? Or will she find herself forced to join the masses of Dolphin Human Hybrids herself?
Season 5 brings 100 ranks to climb, with new rewards such as Legendary Cores, Power Armor Displays, a Red Rocket Collectron and more!
UNLIMITED RANK UPS
In addition to the 100 ranks full of rewards to earn, we’re also introducing Unlimited Rank-Ups!
- New Challenges: Complete specific new Challenges available to players past Rank 100!
- Note: The repeatable XP challenge will only be available up to Rank 100.
- Earn Rewards: Ranks past 100 award rewards such as Perk Card Packs, Legendary Crafting components, consumables, in-game items, Atoms and more!
- Keep track of what reward is next on your S.C.O.R.E. Progression bar.
NEW VENDOR: MINERVA
A Blue Ridge Caravan Merchant named Minerva has just arrived in Appalachia, and she’s ready to trade a selection of coveted item plans in exchange for your Gold Bullion.
- Minerva will arrive during two new events, Minerva’s Emporium and Minerva’s Big Sale.
- Minerva’s Emporium runs Monday to Wednesday.
- Minerva’s Big Sale is a special discount event that runs Thursday to Monday.
- The items that Minerva has available will rotate regularly, so be sure to check in with her whenever she’s in town! Her wares include Gold Bullion Plans that are normally only available from other Gold Bullion Vendors, or by completing Daily Ops.
- Minerva is no slouch when it comes to making sales! She wants your business, and she’s offering discounts on Gold Bullion plans so that you’ll buy directly from her.
- When Minerva arrives, she will set up shop at one of three settlements: Fort Atlas, Foundation, or The Crater.
ADDITIONAL DESIGN UPDATES
- Caps: The max cap limit has been increased from 30,000 to 40,000.
- Gold Bullion: The daily vendor limit has been increased from 200 to 400. Additionally, the max player cap for Gold Bullion has been increased from 5,000 to 10,000.
- Scrip: The daily vendor limit has been increased from 150 to 300. Additionally, the max player cap for Scrip has been increased from 1,000 to 5,000.
NEW MEAT WEEK REWARDS
We’ve added in some new rewards for Meat Week, which will be returning on August 17 – 23.
- Plan: Pepper Shaker
- Plan: Grocery Cart Grill
- Plastic Fruit Wreath
- Plastic Fruit Bowl
- Decoy Duck Set
ADDITIONAL C.A.M.P. SLOTS AND S.P.E.C.I.A.L. LOADOUTS
You can now acquire additional C.A.M.P. Slots and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts from the Atomic Shop; these additional Slots and Loadouts are in addition to the two that all players have by default.
- You can unlock an additional three C.A.M.P. Slots for a total of five Slots
- C.A.M.P. Slots are priced at 1000 Atoms per unlock.
- You can unlock an additional thirteen S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts for a total of fifteen Loadouts
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts are priced at 500 Atoms per unlock.
- Slots and Loadouts unlocked from the Atomic Shop are available to all current and future characters on the unlocking Account.
- Both Slots and Loadouts are found in the Account category of the Atomic Shop
IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIXES
ARMOR AND POWER ARMOR
- Armor: Addressed a bug that could cause a “Server Not Responding” error when being saved by Life Saving Armor.
- Backpacks: Addressed an issue where players could wear a Backpack or use regular armor while in Power Armor.
- Fusion Cores: Addressed an issue where players may lose a Fusion Core when entering and exiting Power Armor.
- Paint: The Nuka-Dark Power Armor paint now changes the name of the Power Armor Pieces when applied.
- Paint: The Yukon 5 paint now displays on the left arm and leg when in the inspect and transfer menus for the T-45 Power Armor.
- Power Armor: Addressed a bug where Power Armor pieces with 100%+ Condition would not appear in the Modify Menu of a Workbench, unless they were attached to a chassis.
- Power Armor: Duplicated Power Armor pieces with Super Duper perk no longer causes multiple armor pieces to be equipped simultaneously.
- Stimpaks: Using a Stimpak quickly while exiting Power Armor no longer causes movement issues.
ART & GRAPHICS
- Moving Target: Fixed the animation for the foil perk card.
- Stairs: The art for the name “Nuka-Cola” on the C.A.M.P. Nuka-Cola Stairs has been adjusted.
- Vault Fireplace: Addressed a bug where the Vault Fireplace was not casting light.
C.A.M.P. & WORKSHOPS
- C.A.M.P. Slots: Vendor and Shelter icons now remain greyed out while switching active C.A.M.P. Slots.
- Fertilizer Producer: Brahmin spawned by the Fertilizer producer can no longer be killed by C.A.M.P. owners.
- Combat: The Meteoric Sword and Plasma Cutter now correctly count towards the “Kill Scorched with a Sword” Challenge.
- Blood Eagles: Enemies with Power Fists will no longer have the Icebreaker Power Fist Paint applied to their weapons.
- Bucking Brahmin Ride: Now correctly requires players to hold the interact button to activate.
- Backpacks: The Brotherhood of Steel Backpack skin now correctly has an Atomic symbol in the Armor Workbench.
- Ceiling Lamps: The Stained-Glass Nuka-Cola Ceiling Lamps no longer emit light in an unnatural direction.
- Emotes: Removed the Roman Candle Emote from the Atomic Shop.
- Enclave Intel Officer Uniform: Adjusted the crafting preview.
- Fridge: Sorting by value now works for items stashed in the fridge.
- Fridge: Items in the Icebox Refrigerator no longer occasionally appear on Display items.
- Fusion Cores: Being hit by a Freezer Floater attack now drains Fusion Cores the correct amount.
- Garrahan Employee Outfit: Addressed a bug causing the Garrahan Employee Outfit to clip while exiting a Weapons Workbench.
- Hedge Fences: Changed the building requirements to Wood instead of Concrete.
- Hedge Fences: Addressed a bug where Hedge Fences could float.
- Hedge Fences: Improved the snapping behavior of Hedge Fences.
- Hot Tub: The Hot Tub no longer shares a build limit with the Fire Pit.
- Hot Tub: Players can now soak in the Hot Tub with a friend.
- Icons: The “Feelin’ Fine” Icon now displays properly when equipped.
- Magazines: Tales from the West Virginia Hills magazines are not numbered consistently.
- Mannequins: Items from the Apparel category no longer show in the Armor tab in the Mannequins transfer menu.
- Nuclear Key Card: The description of the Nuclear Key Card in the Atomic Shop has been corrected.
- Pip-Boy: The Brotherhood of Steel Pip-Boy paint now properly adjusts the name of the Pip-Boy when applied.
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit: Fixed the gap between backpacks and the Raider Pathfinder Outfit.
- Signs: Vendor Signs will now correctly appear in the Floor Decor workshop menu instead of Wall Decor.
- Skeeto Spit: “Increases Thirst” is no longer repeated on the item description.
- Train set: The Train set no longer continues to play sounds after power is removed.
- Wasteland Gong: Now correctly requires players to hold the interact button to activate.
- Wood Branch Chandelier: Lights no longer appear bright red when not powered.
- Wood Branch Chandelier: Adjusted the lighting range.
- All Languages: Corrected the display name of the Skull Lord War Suit in all non-English languages.
- All Languages: Atomic Shop bundles with long lists of items are no longer getting truncated.
- All Languages: Fixed a number of Legendary Weapons and Armor descriptions.
- French: Some radio announcements that were playing in Spanish, now correctly play in French.
- Holotapes: The Overseer’s log no longer plays outdated VO in French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- Italian: Fixed a number of incorrect announcements from the Grafton Mayor.
- General: Decapitated NPC’s will no longer respawn their heads when players check their inventories.
- General: Damage numbers are now present when explosives are used to kill creatures.
- Mole Miners: Addressed a bug where Mole Miners would attack with melee, despite having ranged weapons.
- Mothman: Players can now headshot Mothman outside of VATS.
- Class Freak: Addressed a bug where Class Freak would not reduce negative effects as expected.
- Dodgy: Dodgy now correctly consumes AP on each consecutive hit.
- Electric Absorption: Electric Absorption now works with Laser type weapons.
- Born Survivor: Addressed a bug where the Born Survivor Perk would activate after a player character died.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Control Lock: Purchasing bundles while in the Build Menu no longer can cause a control lock.
QUESTS & EVENTS
- Primal Cuts: Enemy corpses are no longer disintegrated when using plasma or laser weapons.
- Property Rights: The Objective marker will no longer fail to appear if the player has already entered the Makeshift Vault before speaking to Knight Shin about the Raiders.
- Server Room: Clutter items in the Server Room Shelter can no longer be looted.
- Lights: Cage Bulb Lights and its variants no longer produce a Christmas Gift pickup sound effect when activated.
- Refrigerators: Sounds effects for Opening and Closing refrigerators now correctly play.
- Toys: The Cymbal Monkey in the Uncanny Caverns now plays a sound.
- Favorites: Addressed a bug causing the Favorites Wheel to occasionally reset on login.
- Map: The Map now updates faster when items are added or removed from a vendor.
- Pip-Boy: The backgrounds for the Trade and Transfer windows are now aligned with the items list.
- Pip-Boy: Claimed items from the Scoreboard are now added to the “NEW” tab in the Pip-Boy.
- Aiming: Addressed an issue where players could become stuck in the Aim position when sprinting, aiming and firing after the character enters a relaxed state.
- Ammo: Fusion and Plasma cores are now correctly consumed if they are stored before being fired.
- Cryolater: The Cryolater can no longer freeze players who are not engaged in PvP combat.
- The Invader: Removed the second “No Upgrade” Slot on the Invader skin.
- Flamer: Vault-Tec Flamer skin now correctly changes the name of the Flamer when applied.
- Gatling Plasma Gun: The Copperhead paint now correctly adjusts the name of the Gatling Plasma Gun when applied.
- Gamma Gun: The Gamma Gun now does the correct damage when not using the charging mod.
- Gauss Pistol: Swapping to the Gauss Pistol and quickly charging, no longer prevents it from firing.
- General: Weapons with Area of Effect damage now take the proper amount of condition damage.
- General: Addressed an issue where magazine sizes could be swapped with heavy-weapon magazines.
- General: Firing is no longer interrupted when aiming down sights in third-person view with scoped automatic weapons.
- General: Addressed a bug where players could get locked into an animation while using auto melee weapons.
- Grenades: Players can now throw grenades while shooting in third-person view.
- Meat Cleavers: Now scrap for the correct amount of materials.
- Melee: Power Fist and Boxing Gloves can now properly receive eligible Tier 2 Legendary Mods.
- Melee: Baseball Bats and Sledgehammers now correctly change names when mods are applied.
- Shish kebab: Extra Flame Jets now display the correct mod description.
- AMS Headquarters: Players can no longer get stuck in an elevator.
- Anchor Farm: The Water Purifier in Anchor Farm can no longer be destroyed.
- Morgantown Highschool: Addressed an issue where room light flickering occasionally caused floor texture issues.
- Valley Galleria: Fixed a spot where players could walk out of world.
- Whitespring Bunker: Papers inside the Whitespring Bunker have been updated to say that Thistles give flux when nuked.
Download free Fallout 76 update 1.53 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.