[Elder Scrolls Online] ESO update 32 (7.2.0) is now available to download on PC, PS4, and Xbox. According to the official ESO patch notes, the latest update added Deadlands DLC which introduces several new item sets, collectibles, outfit styles, achievements, titles, and more. Apart from this, ESO U32 also includes some exciting new features including the new Armory system, new Mythic items, NVIDIA DLSS & DLAA Support, and more.
The new ESO update 31 added two new 4-player dungeons to the game: Red Petal Bastion and The Dread Cellar. Apart from this, the new ESO patch 7.2.0 also includes several new collectibles, item sets, achievements, and titles for you to acquire.
Previously, a major update added fixes for the Blackwood DLC Game Pack and update 31.
Unfortunately, many players are still facing several problems when trying to play the game online. Today’s ESO update 32 will solve a few of these problems. Check out more details below.
ESO Patch Notes for update 32 and the Deadlands DLC
DEADLANDS DLC GAME PACK
New Zone: The Deadlands
The Deadlands is suitable for characters of all levels. Begin your adventure by traveling to the city of Fargrave by using a Wayshrine to travel directly to the outskirts of Fargrave or accepting the quest “The Celestial Palanquin” from the Stories section in the Collections UI.
- The Deadlands includes an exciting zone story, 2 new Delves, 2 powerful World Bosses, and new wandering Executioner bosses to give you the ultimate challenge.
- Irncifel the Despoiler, Vorsholazh the Anvil, and Kothan the Razorsworn are the chosen executioners of Mehrunes Dagon, patrolling the Deadlands in search of challenges to prove themselves to the Prince of Destruction. These dangerous enemies, designed to be fought with a group of players, are relentless in their pursuit across Mehrunes Dagon’s domain.
- In addition to the Deadlands, mingle with the many denizens of Oblivion in the city of Fargrave!
- Complete the zone stories in both the Blackwood Chapter and The Deadlands DLC to unlock a bonus questline—the final confrontation with Mehrunes Dagon, Prince of Destruction!
- Obtain new Item Sets found only in the Deadlands, as described below, and new Outfit and Housing rewards for completing select achievements and quest content throughout the zone.
New Item Sets
- Wretched Vitality
- 2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
- 3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
- 4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 5 – While in combat, applying a Major Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 260 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds. While in combat, applying a Minor Buff or Debuff to a target grants you 130 Magicka and Stamina Recovery for 15 seconds.
- Deadlands Demolisher
- 2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
- 5 – Your Bash attacks deal 935 more damage. When you Bash, you also deal Physical Damage in a cone in front of you, interrupting any enemies hit. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds and counts as Bash damage.
- Iron Flask
- 2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 4 – Adds 1487 Armor
- 5 – When you drink a potion while in combat, reduce your damage taken by 12% for 20 seconds.
- Eye of the Grasp (Light)
- 2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
- 3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 – When you deal Critical Damage, generate 7 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
- Hexos’ Ward (Medium)
- 2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
- 5 – Dealing Critical Damage with a direct damage ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 8177 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
- Kynmarcher’s Cruelty (Heavy)
- 2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
- 3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
- 4 – Adds 1487 Armor
- 5 – When you deal direct damage, you apply one of 5 random Major Debuffs to enemies within 8 meters of you for 18 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds and only if an enemy is in range. Eligible debuffs are Major Breach, Major Cowardice, Major Defile, Major Maim, and Major Vulnerability.
New Collectibles, Outfit Styles & Dyes
- The Spaulder of Ruin outfit style can be found as an Antiquity in the Deadlands.
- The Oblivion Explorer’s Headwrap is earned by obtaining the “Welcome to the Deadlands” achievement.
- The Ironclad Sarcoshroud hat can be found as an Antiquity in the Deadlands.
- The Incarnate Illusion Gem memento is obtained by earning the “Hopeful Rescuer” achievement.
- The Oblivion Explorer’s Outfit is acquired as a reward for completing “The Durance Vile” quest.
- Godgrave Soullatice Face and Body Markings are acquired as a reward for completing the quest “Against All Hope”.
- The Dremnaken Runt pet is awarded for completing the “Hope Springs Eternal” quest.
- The “Sunforge Patina” Dye is obtained by completing the “Hero of Fargrave” Achievement.
New Achievements & Titles
- The “Hero of Fargrave” title is awarded for completing the “Hero of Fargrave” achievement.
- The “Havocrel Hunter” title is awarded for completing the “Bane of the Havocrel” achievement.
- The “Catalyst Rivener” title is award for completing the “Hopeful Rescuer” achievement.
- The “Champion of the Deadlands” title is awarded for completing the “Eternal Optimist” achievement.
- The “Ardent Hope” title is awarded for completing the “Friend to the Kalmur” achievement.
- “The Wretched” title is awarded for completing the “Spire Sleuth” achievement.
- Ancient Daedric motif chapters and the associated style item, Pristine Daedric Heart, can be excavated as Antiquities from the Deadlands.
- House Hexos motif chapters and the associated style item, Etched Nickel, can be earned as rewards for completing daily quests in the Deadlands.
A variety of new furnishings await in the Deadlands, including:
- A selection of new Fargrave and Deadlands-styled furnishing plans, which can be obtained from monsters and containers across the Deadlands and Fargrave.
- A modest selection of new Home Goods furnishings can be purchased from Nif of Felicitous Furnishings in Fargrave, including Deadlands flora, as well as a limited selection of Fargrave themed furnishings.
- Various Deadlands-themed achievement furnishings can be purchased from Ulz of Felicitous Furnishings in Fargrave, provided you’ve proven yourself worthy by completing their associated achievements.
- New Deadlands-themed Antiquity furnishings, including a visually striking enchanting table!
- Seventeen new Deadlands structural furnishing plans, which can occasionally be found when completing Daedric Portals in the Deadlands.
BASE GAME UPDATE
The Armory System
Introducing The Armory – a new system that helps relieve the friction between switching or experimenting with your character’s builds! The Armory allows you to save any of your custom character builds, remembering your gear, Attributes, Abilities, Champion Points, and even if you are a Werewolf or Vampire. You can then effortlessly load any of those saved builds in an instant.
- The Armory is free to all players. To get started, simply obtain the free Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in any of your homes.
- The Armory Assistant, Ghrasharog, is also available for a separate purchase to access all the functions of The Armory outside of your home.
- Note that you cannot save or load builds without interacting with an Armory Station or talking to the Armory Assistant.
Curated Item Set Drops
Bosses and reward chests from arenas and incursions will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections!
- Most bosses in the game, along with reward chests from arenas and incursions, will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections. These sources will only drop the set items that they can normally drop; the ways to acquire a particular item are unchanged, but it should be much easier to find items that you have not yet unlocked.
- Set items looted from treasure chests, containers, or from non-boss monsters are generally not curated in this manner.
Item Set Collection Summary
To compliment the new Curated Item Set Drops, we’ve added a Summary Page to the Item Set Collections UI. This is a high-level summary of your progress towards collecting every dropped set item in the game. Every major category has a progress bar to help guide you into finding the set items you are still missing.
New Mythic Items
Update 32 adds three new Mythic Items to obtain through the Antiquities system (note that the Greymoor Chapter is required in order to unearth Antiquities).
- Markyn Ring of Majesty
- 1 – Gain 100 Weapon and Spell Damage and 1157 Armor for each 3-set bonus active on the wearer.
- Belharza’s Band
- 1 – Increase the damage of your Light Attacks by 1185. When you deal damage with consecutive melee Light Attacks, gain a stack of Belharza’s Temper for 10 seconds, up to 5 stacks max. When you perform a fully-charged Heavy Attack, consume Belharza’s Temper and deal Physical Damage per stack to enemies in a line after a 1 second delay, stunning them for 3 seconds if 5 stacks are consumed. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
- Spaulder of Ruin
- 1 – Activating Crouch toggles on and off a 12 meter Aura of Pride. Up to 6 allies in the aura gain 260 Weapon and Spell Damage. Reduce your Weapon and Spell Damage by 130 for every group member benefiting from your Aura of Pride.
In Update 32, active Dark Anchors and Skyshards will now appear on your in-game map!
- Active Dark Anchors will now display as active on the zone map when engaged, similar to Harrowstorms and Abyssal Geysers.
- Skyshards will now appear on the map and compass when you approach them, similar to other Points of Interest like Wayshrines and Set Stations.
- Additionally, the Zone Guide will now direct you to the closest unacquired Skyshard when you have completed the other objectives in the zone.
There are two new Crown Store homes available for testing with this update:
- Ossa Accentium: Once the home of an eccentric merchant-collector, this sumptuous manor possesses a view framed by one of Fargrave’s otherworldly skeletons plus offers easy access to all the amenities and exotic goods this city provides.
- Agony’s Ascent: Cautioning whispers about these dominating spires convince the wary to avoid the place for fear of torture … or worse. Those with courage, though, might find the stalwart tower and commanding views make for an imposing Oblivion fastness.
Combat Music Options
We’ve added a new Combat Music dropdown in the Settings menu under Audio. You will now be able to decide if you want to hear all combat music, only boss combat music, or no combat music at all.
New PvP Emote
The Siegestomper emote is acquired by combining Arena Gladiator Proofs with an Arena Gladiator’s Revenge, available from War Researcher merchants in Cyrodiil.
NVIDIA DLSS & DLAA Support
In Update 32, we are introducing support for NVIDIA DLSS 2.2 (Deep Learning Super Sampling) and NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti Aliasing). If you are playing ESO on a DLSS compatible NVIDIA graphics card with compatible drivers, you will see these new options available in the Video settings menu in the Anti-Aliasing dropdown.
- By selecting ” NVIDIA DLSS” from the menu, you will be able to select your preferred mode from the “DLSS Mode” menu below the Anti-Aliasing dropdown.
- By selecting ” NVIDIA DLAA”, this will apply NVIDIA’s high quality deep learning anti-aliasing at native resolution with no upscaling.
- Given ESO’s variety of settings, it is possible to have configurations that result in minimal to no performance gain from DLSS, specifically if you are CPU-limited while playing ESO. Gains are most likely to be seen while playing at higher resolutions such as 4k, with Multithreaded Rendering enabled, and GPU-intensive graphics settings enabled such as SSGI.
- Likewise, you should not expect performance improvements by using NVIDIA DLAA, as this was made available purely as a very high-quality antialiasing option.
Event Testing – Undaunted Celebration
Grab your axe and a bag for plunder, the Undaunted Celebration returns to Tamriel! Plumb the depths of dungeons for bonus rewards during this annual event.
- The first final dungeon boss you defeat in a day will drop (2) Event Tickets and a special Glorious Undaunted Reward Box.
- This box contains an assortment of valuable goods, motif pages, and a chance for one of the new style pages for Opal weapons, this year themed for the Elden Hollow I boss, Chokethorn.
- Last year’s rewards, including Iceheart, Lord Warden, the Nightflame, and Swarm Mother are also potential findings within these boxes.
- Defeating those bosses on the Veteran Hard Mode of those dungeons has a chance to drop the Opal shoulder style page for those bosses.
- Subsequent dungeons you complete will continue to award slightly-less-valuable Undaunted Reward Boxes, which still have a (somewhat smaller) chance to drop the above listed weapon style pages.
- The Impresario offers Chokethorn’s style pages for the Opal equipment for 5 tickets each, as well as the first three (of five) fragments for the Doomchar Plateau house.
For this PTS cycle, we’re offering two templates for you to utilize: One max-level 3600CP template with all the new item sets placed directly in your inventory (do you like these going into your inventory instead of being in bags? Let us know!) and a level 25 template with all the usual items from previous templates. Both templates will place you just outside of Fargrave in the Deadlands. Additionally, we’ve made a few fixes affecting templates called out below:
- Crafted Sets up to Blackwood are now available in the PTS template in the Armor, Jewelry, and Weapons bag.
- Addressed a bug which could cause template characters to be placed in the tutorial starting area even when the “Skip Tutorial” option was selected.
- Addressed a bug where some item set containers on PTS template characters were referring to a non-existent “Rose Petal Bastion” dungeon rather than the actual existent “Red Petal Bastion”.
- The Cyrodiil Item Sets available to new PTS template characters have been broken up into four additional bags – Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor and Weapon and Jewelry Only set bags to make finding specific sets easier in the UI.
- Removed the animations for player hit reactions from several Damage Over Time effects throughout the trial.
- Flame-Herald Bahsei
- Death’s Touch now deals less damage per tick.
- Decreased the negative effects on healing and shielding from Death’s Touch.
- Grave Thorn now deals less damage.
- Wraiths now reappear less frequently.
- Your channel will no longer be interrupted after activating a sigil if another player activates a sigil while blocking.
- Moved the butterfly next to the Blackwood Crossroads Wayshrine, much to Mirri’s delight as you rip its wings off because you were trying to get to the auctioneer, you monster.
- A new furnishing plan for an unadorned “Leyawiin Wall, Castle” can now be found in Leyawiin Reward Coffers. This is similar to the “Leyawiin Wall, Windowed” furnishing from the same source, but without the window!
- Things Lost, Things Found: Reward potions from this quest will now scale properly with your level.
Asylum Sanctorum Trial
- Saint Olms the Just
- Gusts of Steam will now have a visual combat cue indicating the affected area.
- Saint Llothis will no longer continue to cast Oppressive Bolts and Defiled Blast should he be reduced to 0 health.
- Lost in the Gloam: Addressed a bug where you could speak with the Duke of Crows prematurely during this quest, causing animation weirdness.
- Scalecaller Peak
- Matriarch Aldis
- Glacial Geysers will no longer have a chance to activate after defeating Matriarch Aldis.
- A Childhood in Flames: Entering the warehouse with a Companion out will no longer cause a second Daini to stick around, following you forever.
- Uneasy Alliances
- Addressed a bug where two Tadalis appeared.
- Addressed a bug where Tadali did not speak the proper lines during a step of this quest.
Kyne’s Aegis Trial
- Yandir the Butcher
- Yandir will now always cast totems, regardless of range.
- Yandir will no longer slide across the ground when casting Butcher’s Blade while moving.
- Increased the range of Butcher’s Blade and Quick Strike.
- Giant Cheese Connoisseur: Weapon swapping no longer removes effects that increase the scale of your character, such as when you eat mammoth cheese like the sneaky cheese thief you are.
- Updated the description of the Ancestral Reach Hat outfit style to be consistent with other outfit styles obtained via Antiquities.
- Increased the drop rate of the Order-Etched Gallery Rail Antiquity Lead.
- Aicessar now only spawns outside of the Fighters Guild in Solitude, so you don’t see him and his evil twin from future-past Tamriel at the same time within 20 meters of each other.
- Fighters and Mages Guild recruiters in Solitude will no longer be confused about where they are and talk about how cool the Dominion is while not in Dominion territory.
- Dwemer Disassembly: Addressed a bug where using the Dissonance Apparatus wouldn’t share credit with your group.
- Bloodroot Forge
- Shalk’s Lava Ball ability no longer leaves a consumable corpse.
- Addressed a bug where Imperial City Key Fragments could not be laundered if they come from a stolen source.
- Addressed a bug where Gati the Storm Sister didn’t have a proper marker on the Zone map for Imperial City Sewers. This also corrects the Zone Guide omitting her from the Map Completion legend.
- Addressed a bug where the Zone Guide wouldn’t show progress in the Imperial City questline if you changed your alliance partway through.
- The Sigil of Imperial Retreat is now correctly labeled as a Recall Consumable as opposed to a Trophy on the item tooltip.
- Heavy Sacks in the Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower dungeons (Normal and Veteran) now have a chance to drop Prismatic Runestones. Prismatic Runestones will not appear in Heavy Sacks that are not in Imperial City or its two Dungeons.
- Slightly increased the chance for Prismatic Runestones to drop from Heavy Sacks in Imperial City.
- Thieves rejoice, a safebox on a desk can now be looted without being seen… if you’re careful.
- You may now use the cart to The Reach if you’ve completed the quest “Heart of Evil” in Bangkorai.
- By Love Betrayed: Addressed a bug where Adusa-daro might not appear on a quest step if you had a Companion out.
- Addressed a bug where steam traps in Vvardenfell’s Nchuleftingth would not trigger sound effects of your character getting harmed.
Halls of Fabrication Trial
- Added the “Joining Encounter in Progress” functionality to all the boss encounters in this Trial.
- Loot for the world boss Mehz the Cozener now comes from a chest appearing upon event completion, in place of a boss drop.
- Renamed the Morrowind Skyshard Hunter achievement to Vvardenfell Skyshard Hunter for consistency with other similar achievements.
- Fixed issue where Nchulaeon the Eternal would not enter his towers correctly in public dungeon
- A Melodic Mistake: Addressed a bug where you could encounter invisible collision in Gnisis Mine.
- Bound by Love: Addressed a bug where Nixxie appeared at incorrect times.
- Divine Restoration: Addressed a bug where you would see redundant quest pins on the couplings.
- Great Zexxin Hunt: The Large Nix-Ox Tracks are now easier to interact with.
- Nothing to Sneeze At: Addressed a bug where you could not speak with Tilenra during a certain step.
- The Scarlet Judge: Addressed a bug where you could enter the Scarlet Judge’s lair too early during his quest.
- Critical Damage and Healing now has a hard cap of 125%. Note that this value can go beyond 125% but your Critical Strikes will not deal more than 125% damage or healing in total.
- Made the following adjustments to Bash:
- This core combat skill now has a cooldown of 333ms, down from 350ms, to ensure it can be cast up to 3 times per second at most.
- Reduced the cost to 765, down from 1889, to ensure it is 1/3rd of a melee spammable.
- The damage now scales with a mixture of your Physical and Spell Resistance + 1 extra damage (to ensure if you’re at 0 for these stats, it still hits the target!)
- Reduced the cooldown phase after activating Bash that prevented you from casting other active abilities to 333ms, down from 700ms, for smoother gameplay when utilizing.
- Addressed a bug where some proc based conditions could unintentionally succeed when removing negative ground effects.
- The damage from this can now trigger enchantments and poisons.
- Addressed a bug where the caster of an ability using the new Area of Effect technology would be dismounted upon entering the area of their ability. Let this be a reminder that technology often affects us in ways we can never expect.
- Adjusted the following abilities to use the new Area of Effect system introduced in Update 30.
- Ash Cloud and its morphs
- Meteor and its morphs
- Note: this change also fixes numerous issues with the Ultimate failing against dead targets.
- Volley and its morphs
- Abilities and item sets that heal, deal damage, or restore resources on a set frequency while in an Area of Effect will no longer display visual effects on each impact for targets in their areas.
- Addressed a bug where many enchantments, poisons, and item sets were not properly labeled as procs.
- Addressed a bug where some abilities experienced erratic visual behavior when cast by female characters with a bow equipped.
- Addressed a bug where abilities that bounced between targets would fail to generate visual effects when reflected.
- Trying to mount up while teleporting to a Wayshrine will no longer prevent you from mounting up after the teleport finishes.
- Ardent Flame
- Increased the resources granted from this passive to 500/1000 Stamina or Magicka, up from 250/500.
- Added a cooldown of 500ms to each effect (which are separately tracked from one another) to make up for the above increase and the massive buff the Charged trait is getting.
- Inferno: This ability and the Cauterize morph now grant both Major Prophecy and Savagery, rather than only Prophecy.
- Flames of Oblivion (morph): This morph now launces 3 fire balls, up from 2, since it “lost” part of its unique morph function.
- Lava Whip: This ability and its morphs now scale off your highest offensive stats, rather than exclusively Magicka based stats. May this finally end the fiery and age-old debate over getting a Stamina Whip.
- Flame Lash (morph):
- Addressed a bug where this morph did not apply Off Balance to targets who were Immobilized but not already Off Balance.
- The override ability, Power Lash, now heals immediately rather than over 2 seconds, but its total healing per cast has been reduced by approximately 43%. However, Power Lash no longer has a 3 second cooldown. Ballerinas are back.
- Molten Whip (morph): Seething Fury now lasts 10 seconds per stack, up from 5 seconds, to help it feel way less stressful to use in a rotation and allow for activation of burst at the perfect moment.
- World in Ruin: This passive now increases your damage done with Flame and Poison attacks by 2/5%, rather than increasing your damage done with Area of Effect Flame attacks by 3/6% and reducing the cost of your Poison abilities by 12/25%.
- Earthen Heart
- Ash Cloud:
- This ability and its morphs now cost 378 Magicka every second while active, rather than having a MASSIVE upfront cost of 5670 – keeping their cost per second relatively the same, while removing the penalty of having to recast the ability aside from losing a global cooldown.
- These abilities now tick 15 times over their duration, down from 16, while their total damage or healing per cast remains relatively the same.
- These abilities now last 15 seconds at base, rather than 12.
- These abilities now rank up in 1.1% healing or damage done per rank, rather than 1 second.
- Eruption (morph): This morph’s initial hit damage now has a 10 second cooldown to prevent it from turning into an incredibly low costing AoE spammable.
- Battle Roar: This passive now restores 25/50 Health, Magicka, and Stamina per Ultimate consumed, rather than 23/46 Health, Magicka, and Stamina per the Ultimate’s cost.
- Grave Lord
- Boneyard: Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 10% per tick since they tick 10 times instead of 11 after the change in Update 30.
- Grim Focus: This ability and its morphs now grant 1% damage done per stack, rather than 2% Critical Damage and Healing per stack.
- Path of Darkness
- Twisting Path (morph): This ability’s damage now scales dynamically with the highest of your offensive stats.
- Storm Calling
- Lightning Splash: Addressed a bug where the base ability was ending too soon and missing an extra tick of damage.
- Aedric Spear
- Spear Shards: Addressed a bug where this ability and its morphs were ending slightly too soon, causing them to miss an extra tick of damage.
- Dawn’s Wrath
- Backlash: This ability and its morphs’ visual effects are now visible to the caster and enemies, rather than anyone.
- Restoring Light
- Cleansing Ritual: Increased the scaling coefficients on this ability and its morphs by approximately 17% since they tick 6 times instead of 7 after the change from Update 30.
- Green Balance
- Emerald Moss: Addressed a bug where the morphs of Healing Seeds were not properly contributing to this passive
- Mistform: This ability and morphs’ damage reduction now only works against player attacks, rather than any attack, to prevent it from invalidating many threats in PvE encounters.
- Pain’s Refuge: This star now reduces your damage taken by 2% for every 2 negative effects on you, rather than 1% per negative effect, while the cap remains at 20%.
- Shield Master: Addressed a bug where this node did not apply to Sun Shield and its morphs, or Crystallized Shield and its morphs.
- Cutting Defense:
- The damage from this node can now proc weapon enchantments or poisons in efforts to help make it more enticing for tanks who want to trigger these effects more reliably without dropping block.
- Addressed a bug where the damage from this proc had a higher chance to proc status effects.
- Addressed a bug where some tooltips would display improper values when wearing a combination of Perfected and non-Perfected versions of a set.
- Item sets that proc off Damage Shields will now work with Hardening enchantments for consistency, as many of these sets were inconsistent with this behavior.
- Addressed a bug where many sets that required you to drink a potion only worked when you were actively looking at another target. Your enemies will no longer be the judge of you being in combat.
- Addressed a bug where many sets that required Critical Strikes could proc off other procs.
- The following rules will now be followed with item sets when applicable, and has been applied to all existing sets:
- Sets that grant Weapon or Spell Damage now grant both.
- Sets that grant Physical or Spell Penetration now grant both.
- Sets that grant Weapon or Spell Critical rating now grant both.
- Item sets that scale off Weapon Damage, Spell Damage, Max Magicka, and Max Stamina can now again Critically Strike. Item sets that scale in order of magnitude, or based on additional modifiers such as Relequen or Zaan, will not critically strike. Many of these sets have received adjustments to their power as well. Below are the sets that can Critically Strike and have had their scaling values reduced by approximately 5%. If another number is listed next to a set name, that is the true value change:
- Item sets that deal a “burst” of damage in 4 seconds or less now have a 1 second window after proccing that prevent similar item sets from activating.
- Item sets that have innate counterplay such as delays, minimum travel times, warning telegraphs, have 1 second or no cooldowns are exempt from this adjustment.
- If wearing multiples of these sets at once, any action that would activate multiple sets will instead trigger the first set you equipped and suppress others for 1 second. After that second passes you will be able to attempt to trigger them again.
- Charged: Increased the potency of this trait to 480%, up from 220%, to ensure it is more competitive with other traits in terms of effectiveness.
Ability Altering Weapons
- Chaotic Whirlwind: Reworked this set’s special activate:
- It now grants a stack of Chaotic Whirlwind for 5 seconds after casting Whirlwind while in combat, granting 5% movement speed per stack and increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 6 for every 1% bonus movement speed you have, up to a cap of 450.
- This effect stacks up to 5 times, and upon reaching 5 stacks the duration doubles but cannot be refreshed.
- Concentrated Force: This set now requires successive casting of Force Shock within 5 seconds of each other, up from 2, to allow for more breathing room in a real combat rotation.
- Assassin’s Guile: Addressed a bug where Minor Heroism granted by poisons was not properly buffed by this set.
- Mechanical Acuity: This item now grants a stack of Mechanical Acuity for 4 seconds whenever you deal non-Critical Damage, granting you 20% Critical Chance per stack, up to once every half second. After this effect ends or reaches 5 stacks, it cannot occur again for 25 seconds.
- Way of the Arena: The 5 piece bonus from this set now also grants up to 165 Weapon and Spell Damage.
Dungeon & Arena
- Elemental Succession: This set now grants its bonuses randomly per element when you deal any source of Flame, Frost, or Shock Damage, rather than firing each bonus independently per element.
- Mighty Glacier: Addressed a bug where this set was not proccing from Potions or Poisons.
- The Worm’s Raiment: This set’s 2-piece bonus is now Magicka Recovery rather than Spell Damage to match Hircine’s Vineer.
- Thunder Caller: Addressed a bug where this set’s damage was considered melee rather than ranged.
- Updated some Monster Mask set masks to use the correct terminology for their weights. They now use “Guise” for light, “Mask” for medium, and “Visage” for heavy. This change affects:
- Maw of the Infernal
- Valkyn Skoria
- Domihaus: This set now fires both its Flame and Physical Damage rings at the same time at half the original damage, and grants Weapon and Spell Damage while standing inside.
- Dark Convergence:
- Reduced this set’s damage by approximately 59% but increased the scaling per target to 50%, up from 10%.
- Reduced the radius of the effect to 10 meters, down from 12.
- This set now pulls once after its delay, rather than twice over its duration.
- The pull now pulls all nearby targets rather than 6 per pull so that it remains effective against large groups.
- Deadly Strikes: Reduced this sets damage done bonus to over time and channeled abilities to 15%, down from 18%.
- Morag Tong: Addressed a bug where this set did not proc off some attacks, such as Acid Spray.
- Wrath of the Imperium: This set now grants 129 Weapon and Spell Damage for its 2-piece and 325 Weapon and Spell Damage to ranged Direct Damage attacks for its 3-pieces, rather than 657 Spell Critical and 1829 Spell Critical for those attacks.
- Chaotic Whirlwind: Updated the audio associated with this set.
- Mantle of Siroria: This set now only procs off of Light and Heavy Attacks, rather than any source of single target Direct Damage.
- Addressed a bug where facial hair adornments would be improperly removed when entering a crafting station.
- Character models will no longer drop while rotating during character creation.
- Updated the game audio to ambiance spatialization for a fuller stereo image and smoother biome transitions.
- Addressed a bug with some waterfall sound effects that were cutting off on lower graphics settings.
- Addressed a bug where backing out of certain Collections menus made no sound while on Gamepad Mode.
- Added missing audio when interacting with various buttons on the Character Select screen
- Jumping while crouched or in stealth will once again cause your footsteps to make sounds.
- The Enchanting Certification quest now has hints telling you which runes do what to get you the Trifling Glyph of Health, if you don’t already have those glyphs discovered.
- Addressed a bug where Guild Tabards were not equipping onto your characters.
- Guild Tabards are now displayed in the character preview for the Heraldry tab whether they have a costume equipped or not.
- Addressed a bug where an equipped outfit slot would not save properly.
- Addressed a bug where the arrowhead and fletching would not change to the correct color when changing outfits.
- You can now purchase multiples of repeat purchasable items at a time.
- Moved Outfit Slots from the Crafting category into the Upgrades category.
- Moved Outfit Tokens from the Crafting category into Upgrades -> Service Tokens category.
- Moved Outfit Styles from the Crafting category into the Wardrobe category.
- Split the Account subcategory, under Upgrades, into Character Slots and Collector’s Packs.
- Added the Armory Slots under Upgrades -> Armory Slots.
- Pacrooti no longer hitches into position if you open the Crown Crate window while moving.
- You will now utilize “Joining Encounter in Progress” to travel to a dungeon boss when it is engaged by the group. This will eventually roll out to all existing dungeons, but below is a list of the dungeons that currently have this functionality added:
- Bloodroot Forge
- City of Ash II
- Cradle of Shadows
- Crypt of Hearts II
- Darkshade Caverns II
- Elden Hollow II
- Falkreath Hold
- Fang Lair
- Imperial City Prison
- March of Sacrifices
- Moon Hunter Keep
- Ruins of Mazzatun
- Scalecaller Peak
- Spindleclutch II
- Wayrest Sewers II
- White-Gold Tower
- Crypt of Hearts II
- Fulminating Void no longer affects player pets.
- Sanctum Ophidia
- Reduced the damage and radius of the Poison Blast ability, which is triggered when your character dies while affected by Spreading Poison.
- Possessed Mantikora
- Player characters dying to lava in The Serpent’s Image pocket realm will now be immediately teleported back to the fight space.
- Help files related to events have been cleaned up, collated, and re-alphabetized. Old events that might be confused with new events that include those features have been pruned.
- Addressed a bug where using the Jubilee Cake Mementos would not hide personality props in your hands.
- Corrected erroneous references to “Jesters Festival” instead of the correct “Jester’s Festival”.
- Changed the error message to something more human-readable when you attempt to use the Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity off-holiday.
- Fixed a large number of clipping, floating, sunken, or oddly placed harvest nodes, corpses, treasure chests, books, and critters throughout Tamriel.
- Some types of interactable objects are now easier to interact with when near a Wayshrine.
- Updated several descriptions from Outfit Styles to fit our newer description standards. Affected styles include:
- Arthzand Armory
- Black Fin Legion
- Blackreach Vanguard
- If your character dies while using the Relic of the Sentinel, your character will no longer maintain increased size.
- Heavy Sacks now drop Potency Runes at all levels/passive ranks. The tier of Runes that drop is based upon either your current character level or crafting rank.
- Addressed a bug that caused certain continuously lit furnishings to lose their lighting when you exited and re-entered the area.
- Addressed a bug with previewing certain furnishings where they would appear to float above or sink into the floor.
- Fixed a minor issue where some feathers on the crow in the “Crow Totem, Gruesome” luxury furnishing were totally black instead of being properly textured.
- Addressed a bug that caused certain furnishings to be difficult to interact with when placed near other things you can interact with, even when looking straight at them.
- Adjusted the selection point of the “Hourglass Banner, Akatosh” furnishing to be consistent with other similar furnishings.
- Sealed up a few teensy tiny gaps between bricks in the interior stairs up to the chapel portion of Pantherfang Chapel.
- Addressed a bug where a segment of the perimeter wall in Pantherfang Chapel could fade from view earlier than expected on certain settings.
- Updated the prompt when exiting the basement of Sweetwater Cascades towards the courtyard from “Climb” to “Open”.
- Addressed a bug where you could briefly see flooring beneath the trapdoor when exiting the Sweetwater Cascades Upper Tower.
- Guild vendor related system mails are now nearly instant.
- Fixed a rare crash related to asset unloading that would most commonly occur when running through cities.
- You will no longer be able to “Find a Replacement” for an LFG group until the kicked/leaving player has zoned out of the dungeon to lessen the likelihood that the new player is unable to zone in.
- Known Issue: There are some edge cases where disconnected players that are removed from the group can take longer to be removed from instances than intended. These are still being investigated and worked on.
- Made adjustments so some monsters will now move much less sporadically when starting new paths.
- Fixed a large number of NPCs whose postures made them either float oddly, stand in empty space, clip into objects, or path over fixtures.
- Fixed a bunch of issues where certain vendors and service NPCs were dealing with stage 4 vampires and transformed werewolves when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed a large number of NPCs that didn’t have appropriate reactions or behavior when witnessing crimes.
- Certain dead NPCs will no longer stand up after being interacted with.
- Fixed a bunch of camera placement issues in conversations so you aren’t staring at so many knees, foreheads, or other awkward body parts.
- Fixed a bunch of VO timing people stop talking over one another as much.
- Fixed a bunch of typos, voice/text inconsistencies, and various other text issues.
- Outlaws Refuge doors in Rimmen, Lilmoth, Senchal, Solitude, Markarth, and Leyawiin can now be properly quick to use while chased by the fuzz.
- The shortcut door in Aldunz is once again properly sealed from the exit-side.
- Bernetta no longer sits on top of her tent in the Saltwalker Militia Camp.
- The Oldest Orc: Addressed a bug where a wraith that would appear to deliver lines upon picking the wrong tile wasn’t properly sticking around visually for the duration.
- Freedom’s Chains: Fixed a number of presentation, placement, and animation issues associated with this quest.
- Moved the Skyshard in Hozzin’s Folly outside so you don’t have to do the quest going into the mine to acquire the Skyshard.
- Fixed several issues with the Earth-Turner and Snow-Bourne house doors where you could enter while they were on fire, and the fires themselves were difficult to interact with.
- Pets and Companions no longer despawn after running out of the Lightless Hollow.
- Addressed a bug where some events would not reset properly when priests or enemies became stuck.
- Addressed a bug where your Companion and pets would despawn by leaving the vicinity of the Bangkorai Gate.
- Addressed a bug where some scenes in Belkarth were not playing half of their conversations.
- The Shattered and the Lost/The Missing Guardian: Addressed a bug that resulted in two Haras being present while on both of these quests.
- The Grocer in Mournhold now shows up in the listing of vendors at the Royal Bazaar.
- Addressed a bug where mobs would respawn too quickly in the Tribunal Temple.
- Angof the Gravesinger: Addressed a bug where Rottenroot could respawn too quickly during this quest.
- Crosswych Reclaimed: Addressed a bug where you could use the Resistance Fighters’ Signal outside of Crosswych. Not that they’d come if you used it; they were miles away.
- The Fall of Faolchu:
- Addressed a bug where your Camlorn volunteer wouldn’t spawn if you had a Companion active.
- If you abandon this quest at the above step, it will no longer despawn your Companion.
- Fixed some issues with the city gates in Haven that were recently exacerbated by interact priorities.
- Addressed a bug where your character could be detected committing crimes in Grahtwood when no NPCs were nearby.
- The Unquiet Dead: Addressed a bug where you could get stuck in combat after using the Bone Scepter on the Possessed Soldier.
- Audience with the Wilderking: This quest now properly displays zone story quest pins and will correctly appear in the Zone Guide.
- The Witch of Silatar: The eavesdropping steps for this quest are now all radius pins, for consistency.
- A Novel Idea: Addressed a bug where the shimmering barrier could not be found or used easily.
- Addressed a bug where Aniel in Thormar could cause your Companion to join them in sweeping.
- The Price of Longevity: Addressed a bug where the Elemental Dust and Merethrin’s Research Notes would disappear from your quest item inventory prematurely.
- There are no longer two copies of Duryn Beleran within sight range of each other as bestowers for Kragenmoor’s quests.
- A Gathering of Guar: Addressed a bug where you could keep zapping the poor guars after you already prodded them back to the pen. You monster.
- Opening the Portal: Asking Levisii Gilvayn or Mavos Siloreth to take you back and forth from the caldera once again works properly.
- Addressed a bug where Companions and pets could despawn when running down the stairs in Alcaire Castle.
- A Family Affair: Addressed a bug where you could get into the Nurin Farmhouse before you found the key.
- Like Moths to a Candle: Addressed a bug where you could jump back and forth to make Lerisa and Howler pop in and out of visibility at the end of this quest.
- Addressed a bug where some quest pins would sometimes try to bring you through a non-accessible portal within Riften.
- Concealed Weapons:
- Addressed a bug where Aera could spawn inside a door and/or wouldn’t be interactable because the door took interaction priority.
- Addressed a bug where, as you approach Betar-Nes’s house, all of the compass pins showed up below the ground rather than on the door.
- Hircine’s Gift: Addressed a bug where you could remain in Hircine’s hunting grounds after abandoning the quest.
- Made several improvements to navigation of the Gamepad UI with a mouse and keyboard. The keybinds will now also update to appropriate mouse/keyboard iconography.
- Updated the icons for Champion Point Achievements to match the new Champion Point trees.
- Renamed the item type “Keep Recall Stone” to “Recall Consumable”.
- Clarified the error message that displays when attempting to activate the default mount on a Companion when it’s already active.
- Made several improvements to messaging when using a service token at character select that allows you to preview your character with collectibles active:
- Added tooltip to appearance types to notify when the appearance type may be obstructed by a collectible.
- Updated the collectible blocking tooltip visibility when the preview changes.
- Added keyboard support for a warning icon with a tooltip when the view of slider type in a preview is potentially obstructed.
- Added an error message for when a friend note doesn’t save due to too many save attempts.
- Updated the alert message that displays when attempting to travel to a player and the instance is full.
- Addressed a bug where keybinds could appear disabled/enabled incorrectly in some situations.
- Added the ability to disable all addons and libraries at once rather than individually toggling each one off.
- Fixed crash that could occur by passing invalid parameters to the GetSmithingRefinedItemId API function.
- Addressed a bug where the lowest value for Minimum Transparency on the chat window was sometimes displaying as -0.
- Addressed a bug where quest tracker text could get stuck in a greyed-out state after bringing up text chat.
- Addressed a bug where durations on ability tooltips wouldn’t account for duration altering buffs/debuffs.
- The triggers (L2/R2 on a Playstation controller) can now be used to navigate Companion menus.
- Addressed a bug where returning to the Skill Advisor after purchasing a skill wouldn’t scroll to the new skill.
- Addressed a bug where Skill Advisor build names could display grammar markup.
Help & Tutorials
- Fixed various typos and grammatical errors in help entries and collectible acquire hints.
- Updated several help sections with additional line spaces to aid in reading.
- Updated Tutorial and Help text to be more accurate when using a keyboard with Gamepad UI.
- The unread mail indicator in the mail screen will now report the actual number of unread mails, not just the number that are visible. This is only relevant when you have too much mail for the mail screen to display.
- Addressed a bug where reloading your UI while in the mail screen could cause your mail to not properly reload.
Download free ESO update 32 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.