Unfortunately, many players are still facing several problems when trying to play the game online. Today’s ESO 1.53 expected to solve a few of these problems. Check out more details below.
- Updated Battleground MMR matchmaking to improve the likelihood of creating competitive games.
- ESO update 1.53 fixed an issue where you could get stuck on a loading screen when zoning into a Battleground.
- Fixed multiple issues that would cause Battlegrounds to not launch properly.
- Known Issue: We are still working on one issue where you could get stuck in a long loading screen.
- ESO 1.53 fixed an issue where monsters could sometimes run through walls.
- ESO update 1.53 added persistent visual effects to the Sanguivorian Howler (found in the New Moon Crate) when running, as well as an added effect trail when rearing up.
- Fixed an issue where the Bloodspawn Staff had incorrect visual effects. It will now have red effects, as originally intended.
- The Dungeon Explorer costume can now be equipped again.
- Note that the costume will no longer hide your shield while the shield is stowed. We’ve removed the description text that stated the costume would hide a shield when it is stowed, and hope to re-enable this feature in the future.
- Fixed an issue in the descriptions for the Battleground Runner weapons that claimed they were sold in the Crown Store. These are only acquired as rewards from Flag Games Battlegrounds.
- ESO 1.53 fixed an issue which could prevent the Battleground Runner Weapon Styles from appearing in the Collections menu.
- Fixed an issue which was preventing the purchase of some Opal Style Pages from the Impressario.
- Fixed an issue that caused some backpacks to look empty despite them being full of things to take.
- ESO 1.53 fixed an issue where having a large amount of achievements could cause completed achievements to display as incomplete. Anything that previously appeared as unearned will now be displayed properly.
- Corrected an unintentional change in the appearance of the “Elsweyr Canopy, Peaked” furnishing that occurred during the release of Dragonhold.
- Implemented some adjustments to help with the issue where you could run into long load screens, disconnects from the game, or rollbacks during high load scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where it would appear as though other players were “flying” in a straight line. Note they were not actually flying, they just believed they could fly. They believed they could touch the sky.
- ESO version 1.53 fixed a memory management issue that was increasing the chance that your game could crash. This change in stability will be noticed particularly in city areas where many players tend to congregate.
- Fixed an issue where the server select text would display the name of the last server you connected to, even when entering the other server.
- Money attached to expired mail no longer gets lost in the void when returned to the sender.
- Fixed several issues that could result in prolonged queues when utilizing the Activity Finder.
- ESO update 1.53 fixed an issue where a Ready Check prompt could appear for a group leader when it shouldn’t.
- Restructured the Ready Check component of the Activity Finder to appropriately handle high queue volumes in an effort to reduce negative impact on performance and stability.
- Resolved several edge cases where players or groups could get stuck during points of the queue process.
- Note: One side effect of these changes is during periods of high volume, premade groups of 4 could experience a slight queue for dungeons.
- Tongues of Stone: Lady Laurent will now properly address Stibbons in his stoned state upon returning to the camp.
- Suramin the Weaponsmith has returned to Belkarth to sell his goods once more.
- Godrun’s Dream: Fixed an issue where Godrun wasn’t appearing, thus blocking the quest.
- ESO 1.53 fixed an error when resizing the game window after opening the Crown Store purchase UI.
- Fixed an issue where the email address shown to you after changing your email in-game could be the old email address.
- Fixed several issues where attempting to modify a group in multiple ways (kicking, leaving, inviting, etc.) would not display a proper error message.
- ESO version 1.53 fixed an issue where opening a multicraft window would cause left and right movements on the left thumbstick to no longer work outside of that dialog.
Guilds & Guild Functionality
- ESO 1.53 fixed an issue where accepting multiple Guild Finder applications could cause other applications to clear.
- Browsing for a guild that would result in no results will no longer get stuck on “Searching for results”.
ESO update 1.53 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download.