ESO 1.52 (Dragonhold DLC & Update 24) patch notes released for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official ESO 1.52 patch notes, the new Elder Scrolls Online update 1.52 brings the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack, featuring the conclusion of the Season of the Dragon! Dragonhold introduces not only the new zone of Southern Elsweyr, but also adds two world bosses, two delves, and new Dragon Hunt areas (complete with fearsome Frost and Storm Dragons). Additionally, the new ESO update 1.52 also added several new collectibles, item sets, achievements, and titles for you to acquire.
The base game introduces our updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO with an overhaul of how memory is managed. Along with updating 3-piece item sets, you’ll find we’ve made several improvements to Wardens, Sorcerers, and Dragonknights in the realm of identity, adjusted some values of Damage over Time abilities, and more.
Previously, a major update was released with the Scalebreaker DLC game pack which includes two new 4-player dungeons – Moongrave Fane and Lair of Maarselok. The previous patch also added multi-crafting, multi-bidding, Undaunted Key improvements, and more.
Unfortunately, many players are still facing several problems when trying to play the game online. Today’s ESO 1.52 expected to solve a few of these problems. Check out more details below.
ESO Update 1.52 Patch Notes for PS4 & Xbox One
- New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- Dragonhold DLC Game Pack
- New Zone – Southern Elsweyr
- Season of the Dragon Finale
- Rebuilding the Dragonguard Sanctum
- Frost & Storm Dragons
- New Item Sets
- New Achievements, Titles & Collectibles
- New Collectible Styles & Costume
- New Motifs
- Final Wing of the Hall of the Lunar Champion
- Base Game
- Updated Activity Finder
- Memory Management Overhaul
- Battleground Runner Weapon Outfit Styles
- 3-Piece Item Set Updates
- Alliance War Campaign Updates
- In-Game Account Features
- Fixes & Improvements
- DLCs & Chapters
- Clockwork City
- Horns of the Reach
- Imperial City
- Thieves Guild
- Combat & Gameplay
- Combat & Abilities
- Itemization & Item Sets
- Base Game
- Alliance War & PvP
- Art & Animation
- Combat & Gameplay
- Crafting & Economy
- Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Dungeons & Group Content
- Exploration & Itemization
- Quests & Zones
DRAGONHOLD DLC GAME PACK
New Zone – Southern Elsweyr
Southern Elsweyr, a once prestigious and wealthy land built up around the trade routes of the shimmering moonlit waters of the Topal Sea, is now a mere shadow of its former self. The effects of the Knahaten Flu still linger throughout the province—an event that decimated most of the population and left it as a land of ruthless lawlessness filled with slavers and pirates. Now scorched lands, burnt buildings, and ruins of an era long passed cover the region of Pellitine leaving the citizens with little hope for the future. Yet the problems of old pale in comparison to its newest threats.
The Dragons have returned and ravage the lands with fire and chaos. With them, a cult led by a Khajiiti Dragon Priest has emerged and seeks to take advantage of the hopeless and lost. The walled remains of Senchal offer the only sanction to those who seek sanctum, but even those protections threaten to give way to the might of the Dragons. To give the people a chance, an ancient order must be reformed. One that will defend the people and fight to take back the land from the Dragons and their cult. Do you have the courage and might to reform the Dragonguard?
- To visit Southern Elsweyr, navigate to the DLC tab of the Collections menu and accept the “The Dragon’s Lair” quest from the Zone DLC section.
- From there, visit one of the capital cities of the alliance (Wayrest, Mournhold, or Elden Root) and seek out the Baandari Caravan to Senchal, located on your map.
Season of the Dragon Finale
In addition to the DLC, the Season of the Dragon comes to its epic conclusion in Dragonhold! The combined forces of your allies from Northern and Southern Elsweyr must join together and put a stop to Kaalgrontiid’s ultimate plan hundreds of years in the making.
- The Season of the Dragon Finale is unlike anything we’ve done in ESO thus far, and to ensure story continuity makes sense, this special questline will only become accessible once you’ve completed the main questline of both the Elsweyr Chapter and Dragonhold DLC.
- You may do either questline in any order. Once both adventures have been completed, a messenger will arrive and put you on a certain path…
Rebuilding the Dragonguard Sanctum
Once you have reformed the Dragonguard and found a base to call home, you can begin to rebuild the Dragonguard by completing the various quests found within the sanctum, including both main and daily quests. As you complete these quests, the Dragonguard will begin to grow with new allies and services appearing within the sanctum. Your progress in rebuilding the headquarters is tracked by achievements, and unlocks new services and rewards.
- A Call to Arms grants access to merchants in the Dragonguard Sanctum.
- Restoring the Order unlocks crafting stations for the Ancient Dragonguard item set.
- Reforging the Dragonguard grants access to a new achievement furnisher with a number of Southern Elsweyr-themed furnishings for sale, as well as a new quest, The Good Bits, that unlocks the ability to gain the Dragon’s Rheum alchemy reagent as a reward when slaying dragons.
- Dragonguard Operative unlocks the Dragonguard Supply Chest, which provides a variety of rewards once per day.
Frost & Storm Dragons
Frost and Storm Dragons from the far reaches of Tamriel have come out of hiding. Drawn to Elsweyr by their brethren, these fearsome creatures bring unique and devastating destruction magic to bear on those brave enough to face them.
- Frost Dragons summon fierce winter storms and cause frozen spears to burst forth from the ground. Storm Dragons call lightning from the skies and annihilate foes with fearsome blasts of shock magic.
- Rumors of Dragons that manipulate the flow of time have also spread through the taverns and caravans of Elsweyr, as have tales of long-dead skeletons erupting from the earth to serve Draconic masters.
- The creatures themselves have grown bolder, chasing enemies across the battlefield to rip into them with tooth and claw. Dragons tire of their environs and take to the skies when they are not engaged, so those who dare challenge them must be prepared to fight or give chase.
- These new Dragons and Dragon behaviors are found in both Northern and Southern Elsweyr!
New Item Sets
In this update, there are 6 new item sets to obtain – 3 item sets that drop from Southern Elsweyr, and 3 crafted sets.
- Marauder’s Haste (Light)
- 2 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 3 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 4 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 5 – When you cast a damage shield ability, increase your Movement Speed by 20% for 9 seconds.
- Dragonguard Elite (Medium)
- 2 – 833 Weapon Critical
- 3 – 129 Weapon Damage
- 4 – 129 Stamina Recovery
- 5 – You gain a stack of Dragonguard Tactics for 5 seconds when you deal direct damage to an enemy from the front or sides, up to 5 stacks. Each stack of Dragonguard Tactics increases your Weapon Critical by 476. You can only gain one stack every 1 second.
- Senchal Defender (Heavy)
- 2 – 1096 Max Stamina
- 3 – 1206 Max Health
- 4 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 5 – Dealing direct damage with a non-Heavy Attack grants you one persistent stack of Senchal’s Duty, up to 10 stacks. After dealing damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, restore 535 Stamina and Magicka for each stack of Senchal’s Duty and consume them. You can only gain one stack of Senchal’s Duty every 1 second.
- Ancient Dragonguard (Note: this set is unavailable until the Dragonguard headquarters is sufficiently restored)
- 2 – 1206 Max Health
- 3 – 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – 833 Weapon and Spell Critical
- 5 – Gain 300 Weapon and Spell Damage while health is over 50%. Gain 3460 bonus Physical and Spell Resistance while health is 50% or less.
- Daring Corsair
- 2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
- 3 – 129 Magicka Recovery
- 4 – 833 Weapon and Spell Critical
- 5 – Reduce the cost of your Weapon abilities by 10% Magicka or Stamina. After casting a Weapon ability, gain Minor Heroism for 8 seconds, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds while in combat. This effect can occur every 8 seconds.
- New Moon Acolyte
- 2 – 833 Weapon and Spell Critical
- 3 – 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
- 4 – 1487 Physical and Spell Penetration
- 5 – Adds 481 Weapon and Spell Damage. Increase the cost of your active abilities by 5%.
New Achievements, Titles & Collectibles
Dragonhold introduces over 30 achievements with 6 new titles, a new dye and several exciting collectible rewards.
- Dyes & Titles
- The Pellitine Coral Dye is obtained by completing the “Return of the Dragonguard” achievement.
- The “Hero of the Dragonguard” title is obtained by completing the “Hero of the Dragonguard” achievement.
- The “Dragonslayer” title is obtained by completing the “Pellitine Dragon Hunter” achievement.
- The “Lunar Champion” title is obtained by completing the “A Hero’s Song” achievement.
- The “Master Grappler” title is obtained by completing the “Grappling Bow Pathfinder” achievement.
- The “Guardian of Elsweyr” title is obtained by completing the “Bright Moons over Elsweyr” achievement.
- The “Soul Mage Maven” title is obtained by completing the “Soul Magic Skill Master” achievement for reaching the maximum rank of the Soul Magic skill line.
- The “Pirate” title is obtained by completing the “Legacy Slayer” achievement.
- The Regal Dragon Imp cosmetic pet collectible is obtained by earning “The Dragon’s Wrath” achievement.
- The Wall of Life Brush Memento is awarded from the “Leaves on the Wind” achievement.
- The Mask of Alkosh collectible hat is awarded from the “Return of the Dragonguard” achievement, accomplished by completing the Dragonhold main questline.
- The Khunzar-ri’s Rest collectible furnishing is obtained by completing the “A Hero’s Song” achievement, earnable after completing the Season of the Dragon Finale questline.
- The Aeonstone Formation collectible furnishing is obtained by completing the “Fall of the Dark Aeon” achievement. This particular furnishing may have some unusual interactions with the flooded aeonstone crater in the Potentate’s Retreat home ….
- The Khajiit of the Moons Replica collectible furnishing is obtained by completing the “Pieces of History” achievement which entails bringing all twelve pieces of Khajiit of the Moons, an ancient Khajiiti tapestry, to the Senchal Palace.
New Collectible Styles & Costume
- Topal Corsair Outfit Styles: These new outfit styles can be obtained by entering Southern Elsweyr and completing a variety of quests in the zone.
- The Za’ji’s Dragonguard Uniform costume is rewarded for completing the quest “Uneasy Alliances”
Dragonguard Motif chapters, as well as the associated style item Gilding Salts, are obtained from completing daily quests for the Dragonguard from Chizbari the Chipper and Dirge Truptor, Dragonguard Taskmasters.
Final Wing of the Hall of the Lunar Champion
Those who complete the main story quest “The Dragonguard” in Dragonhold will earn the final story tablet for the Hall of the Lunar Champion, “Behold Khunzar-ri’s Ambition”. Placing this tablet on the Altar of Ambition opens a portal to Lion’s Cradle, Khunzar-ri’s childhood home atop a bluff in Southern Elsweyr.
Updated Activity Finder
This update introduces an updated Activity Finder. Note the UI will still appear the same as before, but we have re-coded the tool to be more effective under load. Specific changes to the tool that will be most noticeable are outlined below:
- Adjusted the “Removing from Area” timer when leaving an instance group. The timer is now 2 minutes when leaving a completed instance to allow for more time for quest turn ins and such.
- It is also only 10 seconds when leaving an incomplete instance, to make the process of finding replacement group members for group activities quicker.
- Accepting a Ready Check for a Battleground will now immediately send you to the Battleground. This is to help avoid a common situation where repeated Ready Checks happened with only one or two players not accepting them.
- The Battleground will continue to find replacements for players that declined or timed out of the Ready Check. If the Battleground cannot find at least 3 players per team after 5 minutes, the Battleground will close and you will not receive a leaver debuff.
- Alliance War
- This section of the Activity Finder has been removed. The original idea was to help facilitate grouping in Cyrodiil, but based on our data, we found it was very rarely used.
- Note this section still appears in the UI for the time being, but does not actually function.
Memory Management Overhaul
In this update, we’ve implemented a new memory pooling system to reduce memory fragmentation. This fundamentally changes how we handle memory use in ESO, and will improve your experience by significantly reducing the chance of crashing from running out of memory. You may also notice a minor FPS improvement due to a reduction of load in peak memory use situations, such as when lots of other players or effects are in an area.
Battleground Runner Weapon Outfit Styles
These new Outfit Styles will occasionally be found by completing Flag Games (and only Flag Games) in Battlegrounds.
- These Outfit Style Pages are bound to you when you obtain them.
- Your performance in the Flag Game does not impact these Outfit Styles’ drop chance. Win, lose, or draw, you have the same chance to obtain a Battleground Runner Outfit Style Page.
- You will always obtain these Outfit Style Pages in a prescribed order, and only after obtaining all the Battleground Runner Armor Outfit Styles.
3-Piece Item Set Updates
Part of our evaluation of older item sets revealed that our 3-Piece item sets were underperforming. These sets were originally created for the purpose of adding more diversity in player builds without sacrificing power. They will now better fulfill their purpose by giving you the opportunity to run different types of gear combinations outside the popular 5-Piece sets and a Monster Mask meta, and help reinforce the idea of “play the way you want”.
- 2 – 1752 Max Stamina
- 3 – 206 Weapon Damage
- 2 – 1451 Max Stamina
- 3 – 193 Weapon Damage
- Blessing of Potentates
- 2 – Reduce damage taken from Players by 5%
- 3 – Reduce the cost of Ultimates by 15%
- 2 – 129 Stamina Recovery
- 3 – Reduce the cost of Ultimates by 10%
- Eagle Eye
- 2 – 833 Weapon Crit
- 3 – 1829 Weapon Crit to direct ranged damage abilities
- 2 – 833 Weapon Crit
- 3 – Increases the range of your Bow abilities by 3 meters
- 2 – 1928 Max Health
- 3 – 618 Health Recovery
- 2 – 1596 Max Health
- 3 – 193 Stamina Recovery
- Grace of the Ancients
- 2 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 3 – 2406 Max Magicka
- 2 – 1096 Max Magicka
- 3 – Increases your Max Magicka by 4%
- Vengeance Leech
- 2 – 1206 Max Health
- 3 – When you kill an enemy, you heal for 2165 Health and restore 2165 Magicka and Stamina.
- 2 – 1206 Max Health
- 3 – When you kill an enemy, you heal for 1505 Health and restore 1505 Magicka and Stamina.
- 2 – 1752 Max Magicka
- 3 – 206 Spell Damage
- 2 – 1451 Max Magicka
- 3 – 193 Spell Damage
- Wrath of the Imperium
- 2 – 833 Spell Crit
- 3 – 1829 Spell Crit to direct ranged damage abilities
- 2 – 129 Spell Damage
- 3 – 833 Spell Crit
Alliance War Campaign Updates
In this update, we’ve opened a new Cyrodiil campaign. Laatvulon is a 30 day, CP-enabled, non-Alliance locked Campaign. Additionally, we have shut down the Yolnahkriin campaign. Anyone assigned to this campaign at shutdown will receive a free campaign reassignment.
In-Game Account Features
Added several new account features that you can access in-game:
- ESO update 1.52 added the ability to opt-in or opt-out of Marketing mailers from the character select screen. If this is toggled on, you will receive Marketing emails.
- ESO Reward Codes can now be redeemed in-game from the Crown Store menu.
- Added the ability to change the email address associated with your game account, or resend the verification email, straight from the character select screen.
- Clockwork City group boss dailies will now be easier to complete under load. You are only required to collect 3 sequence plates for the Imperfect daily (and they respawn more quickly), and you need only deal with two Daedric Incursions for the Wraith-of-Crows daily (which now have a minimum number spawned).
- Fixed an issue where Razgurug in Clockwork City would give you the wrong greeting if you couldn’t accept any of his quests.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in the corner of the wall in Rimmen.
- Grave Lord
- Boneyard: Increased the base cost of this ability and its morphs to 4950, up from 3780, and decreased the damage per tick by approximately 20%.
- Frozen Colossus: Increased the total duration of Major Vulnerability to 8 seconds, up from 5. Enemies hit by Major Vulnerability cannot be affected again for 20 seconds after it applies, to prevent situations where this debuff could be kept up indefinitely by rotating an army of Necromancers.
- Rapid Rot: Increased the damage bonus for this passive to 15%, up from 10%.
- Reusable Parts: Increased the cost reduction granted from this passive to 25/50%, up from 12/25%.
- Shocking Siphon: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 20%.
- Skeletal Mage: Decreased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs by 40%.
- Bone Tyrant
- Bone Goliath Transformation:
- Pummeling Goliath (morph): Fixed an issue where activating the special Bash attack from this morph would not turn your character to face the direction you cast it in.
- Disdain Harm:
- ESO 1.52 increased the damage reduction for this passive to 15%, up from 10%.
- Updated this passive to work more accurately with Damage over Time.
- The icon for “The Blessings of Jone and Jode” is now a scroll in Eidetic Memory to match the icon in-game.
- If you defeat Nahviintaas without first accepting the quest, you will now receive the quest-granting item when looting the corpse.
- Updated Half-Digested Document Pouches to potentially contain a wider variety of treasure maps.
- Updated the names and descriptions of several dragon-related achievements to better distinguish them from new Dragonhold achievements.
- ESO update 1.52 corrected the swapped names on the Praxes for “Elsweyr Sarcophagus Lid, Ancient” and “Elsweyr Sarcophagus, Ancient”.
- The “Replica Rithana-di-Renada” collectible furnishing can now be toggled on and off, if for some reason you don’t want to listen to ancient Khajiit chants 24/7.
- Improved the appearance of the smaller branches in the “Tree, Anequine Acacia Arching” furnishing.
- Corrected a minor mismatch in the interaction prompt on either side of the portals in the Hall of the Lunar Champion.
- A Rage of Dragons: Fixed an issue where Abnur Tharn’s arm would collapse into itself during a certain posture.
- The Final Order: This quest now indicates it’s part of the zone story in the quest journal.
- Updated various books and a conversation to capitalize “Southern” in “Southern Elsweyr”.
- Updated the icons used during the boss fights with Bahlokdaan and Mulaamnir, and various tutorial abilities.
- Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold now display text letting you know you’re entering a group instance.
- Baron Thirsk
- Shadow Strike now displays a block telegraph.
- Flesh Colossus
- Miasma Pool is now less likely to place Areas of Effect on top of one another. Those who stand in stacking pools now take damage from only one of the pools.
Halls of Fabrication Trial
- The Archcustodian will no longer respawn repeatedly if you move other monsters near it before it enters combat.
- Select Ashlanders throughout Vvardenfell will no longer get stuck and disappear when reacting to a witnessed crime.
- Broken Bonds: Fixed an issue where speaking to Hreifryd in the cage caused some strange visual issues on the cage bars.
- Derelict Prison Yard
- ESO version 1.52 increased the health from Imperial Dread Knights.
- Hall of Beasts
- Increased the cast time for the Crocodile’s Sweep ability, making it easier to avoid.
- Increased the cast time for the Crocodile’s Crushing Chomp ability, and added a blockable telegraph to better indicate intended gameplay.
- Decreased the total damage from Spider’s Venomous Spit ability with each stack, and reduced the maximum amount of stacks.
- The Haj Mota’s Bog Burst ability will no longer have a chance to continuously tick damage once it has emerged.
- Vampire’s Pen
- Infusers can now be moved with movement abilities and stunned as normal monsters.
- Mess Hall of Misery
- All changes above apply to monsters summoned in this arena as well.
- Urns in Murkmire no longer stay open after being examined.
- The Chronic Chronologer achievement now awards the correct number of achievement points.
- Faustina Curio now offers the Murkmire Recipe Bag, a new furnishing recipe document container available for 30 vouchers for those who have completed the “Traps and Treasures” achievement. This container provides a single superior furnishing recipe from Murkmire with an uncommon chance of receiving an epic quality instead.
- ESO version 1.52 corrected the name of “Formula: Murkmire Lamp, Shell” to “Formula: Murkmire Candle, Standing Shell”.
- Sunken Treasure: Fixed some issues relating to quest pin placement in Ixtaxh Xanmeer’s pit room.
- Forcing the Faith: Batasha’s cage finally, actually opens once you free her.
- Lair of Maarselok
- Maarselok’s health will no longer shift from low health to full health while using the Strafe ability.
- Exiting the play area is now more strictly enforced. You have been warned…
- You will no longer occasionally get stuck in combat after the encounter with flying Maarselok has ended.
- Moongrave Fane
- The “Cubed” achievement now correctly states that it can only be earned in Veteran Moongrave Fane.
- ESO update 1.52 corrected the icons for the Lair of Maarselok Conqueror and Moongrave Fane Conqueror achievements.
- Yaghra Spewer
- Removed the block telegraph from Luminescent Mark.
- Gryphon Riders and their mounts will no longer immediately restart combat after defeating players and respawning while a corpse from a previous attempt remains.
- Taunting the real Z’Maja no longer redirects the Baneful Mark effect away from the player currently tanking the Shade of Z’Maja.
- Many bookcases in the Red Temple Catacombs in Summerset can now be interacted with in order to read their books.
- A Pearl of Great Price: Fixed an issue where Valsirenn was teleporting up into the ceiling while trying to walk through a narrow cave. Bloody Psijics.
- Buried Memories: Fixed an issue that was causing some of K’Tora’s VO to be silent.
- Lost in Translation: Leythen will no longer stumble over his own words when you use his rune.
Maw of Lorkhaj Trial
- Ghostly Sar-m’Athra will now die correctly if their Dreadstalker masters defeat their enemies, rather than sticking around indefinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the achievement “Breaking and Entering” would not update after entering the relevant locations.
- Rizzik and Avalanche
- Glacial Prison no longer leaves a consumable corpse upon death.
- In our continuing efforts to improve server performance, we have refactored how Sprint functions on the backend and have made some changes to the design.
- On-foot sprint will largely function the same as it has in the past, though we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of sprinting which will result in being able to sprint longer. You’ll also notice the Stamina drain is more fluid in the UI.
- Like on-foot sprint, mounts will now stop sprinting when their Stamina is fully drained. However, we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of mounted sprint and greatly increased both base Stamina and base Recovery for mounts.
- We will be closely monitoring how these changes affect your ability to traverse Tamriel.
- In efforts to improve performance, the visual effects from some player abilities have been updated. These changes focus on which players can see specific parts of a visual effect, and when the visual effects should be removed from view. This is an ongoing process that will be maintained over time. Note that the caster of these abilities will not see much change, if any, while allies will see much less of the visual intensity. The following abilities have received adjustments:
- Radial Sweep and morphs
- Aurora Javelin
- Puncturing Strikes and morphs
- Sun Shield and morphs
- Updated many of the more widely used Champion Point passives and nodes to be handled more efficiently on the server.
- This is an ongoing process, and will be maintained when the Champion Point system receives adjustments in the future.
- Updated the tooltip text for all Major and Minor buffs and debuffs to describe what they actually do on the character UI.
- Destroying a siege weapon will no longer proc item sets.
- Note that some item sets may still proc when they aren’t supposed to in certain circumstances, which we will be fixing over the next few updates.
- Siege Weapons that can proc status effects will no longer trigger item sets.
- Continually rotating your camera and/or character while casting certain abilities will no longer delay the ability from being cast.
- Fixed an issue where you could resurrect other players while remaining invisible.
- Arrows will no longer blink in and out of existence as you bar swap.
- Stun abilities such as Rune Prison or Petrify will no longer fail to stun targets that are not currently CC’ed or CC immune.
- Fixed an issue where dealing Physical, Poison, or Disease-based Damage over Time would break stealth.
- Pets that could not deal damage have now received therapy for their anger management, and will no longer attempt to pull their owners into combat with nearby enemies unless provoked.
- Adjusted many knock back abilities to send the target flying faster, so they reach their end position sooner and can begin taking action quicker.
- Adjusted the standards from Damage over Time abilities to no longer deal approximately 2.5x the damage of a traditional “spammable” attack, such as Force Shock or Lava Whip, and now deal approximately 1.5x the damage over their duration. Specific changes will be listed in the skill line section.
- Area of Effect Damage over Time abilities will now once again mirror the damage of their single target counterparts, instead of dealing approximately 33% less damage. To ensure they do not always beat out their single target counterpart, they will now cost approximately 66% more resources per second to maintain than their single target counterparts, up from 30%. Their standard durations have increased to 10 seconds from 8 seconds as well.
- Healing over Time abilities (both single target and Area of Effect) no longer adhere to the Damage over Time standards due to their limited application and accessibility. They have not received any adjustments this patch, but are being closely monitored.
- Many morphs that change the behavior of their original parent (such as Eruption or Solar Barrage) are not fully adhered to some of these adjustments, such as power or cost.
- Player sourced snares are now additive with movement speed, rather than multiplicative. This will reduce the overall effectiveness of snares in PvP scenarios.
- Note that monsters will continue being special snowflakes with their own special rules.
- Auras from abilities, such as Ebon Armory, will no longer fall off for allies when bar swapping from an active 5-piece bonus via weapons.
- Abilities and item sets that grant Physical and Spell Resistances now grant an equal amount of both as a singular stat – Armor – rather than 2 separate stats.
- Many item sets that granted X Spell or Physical Resistance now grant .5X Armor. This was done to ensure total power remains the same, with less variance in these stats.
- Passives that grant a unique source of one have not been adjusted.
- Major and Minor Resolve now grant an equal amount of Physical and Spell Resistance, and Major and Minor Ward have been discontinued.
- Note that this has not yet happened to Fracture and Breach or forms of Penetration.
- Fixed an issue where a damage type’s status effect of damage caused to targets would fail to apply if they had a Damage Shield active.
Buffs and Debuffs
- Diseased: Fixed an issue where this status effect was reporting that it applied Major Defile, when it actually applied Minor Defile.
- Ardent Flame
- Combustion: This passive no longer has a cooldown in order to help the Dragonknight sustain itself, since it doesn’t have a class-based dedicated resource ability such as Dark Exchange or Siphoning Strikes.
- Fiery Breath:
- This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds at base, up from 8 seconds.
- Increased base cost to 3510, up from 2808.
- Reduced the damage per tick of the Damage over Time portion of this ability by approximately 20%.
- Engulfing Flames (morph): This ability’s bonus Flame damage modifier now uses both your Spell Damage and your Max Magicka, rather than only Spell Damage, to allow for more builds to engage with the morph.
- Searing Heat:
- Fixed an issue where Rank II of this ability was applying its damage done to all Ardent Flame abilities, rather than only the listed ones.
- Increased the damage bonus to 33% from 10% to help distinguish the Dragonknight’s Damage over Time abilities as superior to others.
- Searing Strike:
- This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds at base, up from 8 seconds.
- Increased the base cost to 2970, up from 2160.
- This ability and its morphs have gained the new functionality of immediately applying their respective status effect to the enemy upon cast.
- ESO 1.52 reduced the damage per tick of the Damage over Time portion of the ability by approximately 47%.
- Venomous Claw (morph): Increased the ramping bonus damage per tick of this morph to 17/18/19/20%, up from 9/10/11/12%.
- Earthen Heart
- Molten Weapons: This ability and its morphs now grant Major Brutality and Sorcery at base.
- Igneous Weapons (morph): This morph now increases the duration further to 42 seconds at Rank I, up from 32. It also increases the radius to 36 meters, up from 28 meters.
- Molten Armaments (morph): Fixed numerous issues where the Heavy Attack damage bonus from this morph was not applying to attacks it previously had, such as Restoration Staves or your Off-Hand Dual Wield attacks.
- Reworked this ability to be a Stamina based “spammable” attack. It now deals Physical Damage with a reduced range of 15 meters, down from 28.
- Increased the damage by approximately 66%, but no longer deals double damage if the target was stunned.
- This ability no longer stuns the target outright, but instead applies a stack of “Stagger” to the enemy for 5 seconds. After 3 stacks, the enemy will be stunned by the next Stonefist cast at them, including from other Dragonknights. If the target was stunned, all stacks of Stagger are removed.
- Reduced the cost of this ability to 3443 from 4050.
- Updated the visual effects for this ability and the Stone Giant morph.
- Stone Giant (morph): This morph no longer grants Minor Resolve after casting, but instead enhances the “Stagger” mechanic where enemies affected take 45 extra damage from any attack, per stack. This effect cannot stack from multiple sources.
- Obsidian Shard (morph):
- This morph remains as a healer focused ability.
- Increased the healing by 3.3%, since it was missing rank up progression.
- This morph now deals Fire Damage instead of Magic Damage, and heals 2 friendly targets, up from 1.
- Grim Focus:
- Increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 40 seconds, up from 20 seconds.
- Removed the minimum travel time of the bow proc from these abilities since they are slower than other projectiles, such as Crystal Fragments or Snipe.
- Relentless Focus (morph): This morph now lasts 60 seconds at Rank IV instead of 30 seconds.
- Teleport Strike: Updated the duration of the Minor Vulnerability for this ability to 10 seconds, to match its morph’s duration.
- Lotus Fan (morph):
- This morph now applies Minor Vulnerability to all enemies hit, rather than the original.
- Increased the duration to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 40%.
- Aspect of Terror: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs would fail to display effects if animation canceled.
- Path of Darkness:
- Twisting Path: Increased the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 50%.
- Shadow Cloak:
- Shadowy Disguise (morph): Fixed an issue where the Critical bonus from this ability could be consumed by abilities that could not Critically Strike.
- Summon Shade:
- Decreased the damage per hit of this ability and the Shadow Image morph by approximately 31% per hit.
- Fixed an issue where the attacks from this ability and its morphs were heavily desynced from their animations.
- Shadow Image (morph): Updated the tooltip information for this ability’s teleport range to always respect the displayed value. It will no longer appear to scale with things like Battle Spirit or Propelling Shield.
- Dark Shade (morph):
- Increased the damage per hit of the Dark Shade morph by approximately 2%.
- Increased the radius of the area attack to 6 meters, up from 5 meters.
- The Shade will now use its Area Attack on a set timer, rather than having a chance per attack.
- Veiled Strike: Reduced the base cost of this ability and the Concealed Weapon morph to 2295, down from 2700, to ensure they stand out more appropriately as melee spammables such as Lava Whip or its morph, Surprise Attack.
- Cripple: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 40%.
- Drain Power: This ability and its morphs now grant Major Brutality and Sorcery at base.
- Power Extraction (morph): This morph now also reduces enemies’ Spell Damage.
- Soul Shred:
- Soul Tether (morph): This morph now also heals for half of the damage dealt upon the initial hit, in order to help increase the defensive nature of the skill when you successfully cast it.
- Daedric Summoning
- Bound Armor:
- Bound Armaments (morph):
- Reworked this ability into an offensive skill. Activating the ability no longer grants Block Mitigation for 3 seconds, but instead puts a 40 second duration effect on you that summons a Bound dagger any time you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack, with a maximum of 4 weapons being able to be active at any given time. Reactivating the ability causes the weapons to prime and quickly seek your target after a short delay. The ability continues to passively increase your Maximum Stamina and damage dealt with Light Attacks.
- Updated the sound effects for summoning Bound Daggers with this ability.
- Charged Lightning (synergy): Fixed an issue where this synergy was not properly applying the Major Berserk to the Atronach it came from.
- Daedric Curse
- Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%. This was done to offset some of the reliance of the skill since some of the damage has been reincorporated into pets’ basic attacks.
- Summon Unstable Familiar:
- Increased the cost of the special activate of this ability and the Volatile Familiar morph to 4500, up from 2808.
- Increased the duration of the special activate to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- The base cost of summoning these abilities has been streamlined to 3510.
- Summon Unstable Clannfear (morph):
- This morph’s damage now scales off your Max Stamina, rather than Magicka.
- Decreased the cost of the special activate to 4500, down from 4808.
- The Area of Effect attack now deals the same damage as the basic attack, but hits in a 6 meter radius, up from 5 meters.
- Fixed an issue where the AoE attack would cause the Clannfear to re-evaluate its purpose in life for 1 second after casting, lowering its potential DPS.
- Summon Winged Twilight:
- Increased the heal of this ability and the Twilight Matriarch morph to be closer to the heal power of Rushed Ceremony. This will result in approximately 87% increase for the base, and approximately 55% increase for the Matriarch. Note that these abilities will continue to scale exclusively with Max Magicka.
- Increased the damage of the basic attacks from these abilities by approximately 20% per hit
- Storm Calling
- Bolt Escape:
- The fatigue from this ability and its morphs now apply only if you successfully teleport 1 meter or more, instead of whenever you activate the ability.
- This ability no longer stuns targets in a 4 meter radius from your origin location, but instead stuns targets in a 6 meter radius at your final location.
- Fixed an issue where you could become stuck in place after attempting to cast this ability or any of its morphs when a target was outside your line of sight.
- Ball of Lightning (morph):
- This morph now ranks up in duration of the summoned ball of lightning, which now lasts 3 seconds at Rank IV, up from 2.
- This morph also adds 2 seconds of snare and immobilization immunity after teleporting, but no longer stuns enemies at its end location.
- Fixed an issue where this morph was only absorbing spell-based projectiles, rather than any, as the tooltip indicates.
- Streak (morph): This ability now creates a cone behind you after casting that damage and stuns enemies inside of it, and enemies at your end location. The length is now 17 meters with a 40 degree arc, rather than being a 4 x 15 meter rectangle.
- Lightning Splash:
- Increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased the base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
- Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 20%.
- Surge: This ability and its morphs now grant Major Brutality and Sorcery at base.
- Aedric Spear
- Piercing Javelin:
- Reduced the range from this ability and its morphs to 22 meters, down from 28, to ensure they follow the function of other abilities such as Scatter Shot or Fiery Grip.
- These abilities will now ignore the target’s Physical or Spell Resistance to ensure they have a unique auxiliary effect.
- Puncturing Strikes:
- This ability and its morphs will now snare the nearest enemy hit by 40% every time it deals damage, rather than snaring the nearest enemy hit by 70% on the final hit.
- This ability and its morphs will now properly be considered Direct Damage attacks rather than a hybrid of Direct Damage and Damage over Time. Note that some item sets may still erroneously trigger from the attack, and will be fixed in a future update.
- Updated the visual effects of this ability to better sync up with its attacks.
- Spear Shards:
- This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased the base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
- Reduced the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 30%.
- Blazing spear (morph):
- Increased the initial hit damage of this ability by 10%, but decreased the damage over time by approximately 59% per tick.
- This morph now increases the total damage dealt by 20% compared to the base ability, rather than 10% of just the Damage over Time.
- Luminous Shards (morph): Decreased the base cost of this morph to 4590, down from 4950. Note that it still continues to decrease in cost base on rank, down to 4320 at Rank IV.
- Dawn’s Wrath
- This ability and its morphs’ final explosion can now Critically Strike. Boom baby.
- This ability and its morphs will now only store damage dealt from the caster of the ability, rather than anyone who hits the afflicted target. This was done to offset some of the staggering power (of the Light) the ability could bring in group situations, where low damage builds could apply the ability and generate free real estate from their allies’ contribution. Now, you have to put in the fervor to get the full power of these abilities.
- Fixed an issue where these abilities would conflict with one another if more than one player cast the same morph of the ability on a target.
- Purifying Light (morph): The Heal over Time from this ability will now, as the tooltip insinuates, always apply after the effect ends via any means such as being purged, being recast, or ending naturally. The light cannot be stopped, and shall purify all! This also means that Purifying Light will count for 1 less negative effect from purging.
- Eclipse: Fixed an issue where reapplying this ability or the Unstable Core morph to a target before the original expired could cause issues with the cooldown of the effects.
- Living Dark (morph):
- This morph now only snares targets for 60%, rather than immobilizing them.
- Reduced the healing by approximately 10%.
- Unstable Core (morph):
- Reduced the initial and secondary damage dealt of this ability by approximately 44%, and the final hit by 25%.
- These attacks now happen in a 5 meter radius around the target, as the visuals insinuate.
- Solar Flare:
- Solar Barrage:
- Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds, up from 6.
- Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 15%.
- Sun Fire:
- Fixed an issue where the Major Prophecy from this ability and its morphs would only occur if you dealt damage, rather than upon activation, as the tooltip states.
- Increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased the base cost to 2970, up from 2376.
- Decreased the Damage over Time of these abilities by approximately 47% per tick.
- Restoring Light
- Restoring Focus: Fixed an issue where this ability was unable to be cast while silenced.
- Rite of Passage: Fixed an issue where this ability could cause health desyncs when used while taking heavy damage.
- Animal Companions
- Betty Netch:
- This ability and its morphs now grant Major Brutality and Sorcery at base, but the base ability no longer restores Magicka every second while active.
- These abilities now remove 1 negative effect from you every 5 seconds.
- Reduced the duration to 19 seconds from 22 seconds on the base ability.
- Blue Betty Netch (morph):
- This morph reinstates the Magicka restore functionality.
- Reduced the final duration to 25 seconds, down from 27 seconds.
- Bull Netch (morph):
- This morph reinstates the Stamina restore functionality.
- Reduced the final duration to 25 seconds, down from 27 seconds
- Dive: This ability has received new functionality to help it stand alone as a spammable, but has received some reductions to the base functionality that were in place to make up for the fact that it lacked any gameplay altering effects.
- Reduced the damage of these abilities by 10%, and increased their base cost to 2700 from 2430.
- If you are at least 7 meters from the target upon dealing damage with these abilities, you now set them Off Balance.
- Cutting Dive (morph):
- This morph no longer reduces the cost of the ability beyond the standard Stamina cost reduction. It now applies a Bleed to the target for 7 seconds if they are Off Balance, which can stack up to 7 times.
- ESO update 1.52 increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2970 to encapsulate their new functionalities.
- These abilities now apply Minor Vulnerability to the target for the duration of the DoT.
- Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.
- Growing Swarm (morph): This morph has been redesigned into a Stamina-based ability that deals Bleed Damage. The Swarm no longer spreads to nearby enemies upon completion, but instead deals damage to enemies in an area around the initial target. This damage is roughly 50% of the initial target’s coefficient. Note the Vulnerability still only applies to the initial target.
- Winter’s Embrace
- Arctic Wind: This ability and its morphs have regained the original function of Arctic Blast, and deal Frost Damage in a 6 meter area around the caster while the Heal over Time persists. This damage scales with your Max Magicka and Spell Damage, to prevent compounded power for tank builds.
- Arctic Blast (morph): This morph no longer converts the ability into an awkward projectile stun. Instead, this ability has inherited Permafrost’s old functionality, where enemies hit 3 times in rapid succession with the ability are stunned. This stun cannot be blocked.
- Crystallized Shield:
- Crystallized Slab (morph): This morph now has a 500ms internal cooldown on the damage return and Magicka refund, similar to other abilities such as Dragon Fire Scale or Living Dark.
- Impaling Shards: Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs to 3240, down from 3510.
- Winter’s Revenge (morph): Increased the damage of this morph by approximately 44%. This will allow it stand out from other Damage over Time abilities.
- Piercing Cold: Increased the bonus damage of this passive to 5/10%, up from 3/6%.
- Sleet Storm:
- Northern Storm (morph):
- The Max Magicka granted from this morph is no longer enabled passively by slotting. Instead, it is granted for 30 seconds after activating the Ultimate.
- Increased the amount of Magicka granted to 9% from 8%.
- This morph now ranks up in 2% Max Magicka granted per rank, up to 15% at Rank I, rather than 1.1% damage done per rank.
- Permafrost (morph):
- This morph no longer stuns enemies who are hit multiple times by the effect, but instead increases the duration of the ability by 1 second per rank, up to 12 seconds at Rank IV.
- Increased the snare potency to 70%, up from 40%.
- Each tick of damage now applies the Chilled status effect to enemies hit.
- Reduced the damage done of this morph by 50% to ensure this morph functions primarily as a utility and defensive morph.
- Two Handed
- Berserker Strike:
- This morph now grants penetration equal to 85% of the Resistances ignore on the initial hit at Rank I, which increases to 100% at Rank IV, rather than 100% at all ranks.
- Decreased the duration to 5 seconds from 9.
- This morph no longer ranks up in duration.Onslaught (morph):
- Carve (morph): Reduced the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 40%.
- Critical Charge:
- Stampede (morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 10 seconds, up from 8, and reduced the damage per tick by approximately 20%.
- Momentum: Fixed an issue where the animation of this ability would fail to display if you had a longer source of Major Brutality on your character.
- Reverse Slash:
- Reverse Slice (morph): Fixed an issue where the AoE damage of this ability could critically strike. Since the initial hit can already critically strike, this was effectively allowing the attack to double crit, contributing to a tremendous power spike.
- Uppercut: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16% to ensure it does not eclipse other damage abilities such as DoTs.
- Dizzying Swing (morph): This morph no longer knocks the target back and stuns them, but instead sets them Off Balance for 7 seconds. Note you can retain the function of the stun if you attempt to Heavy Attack the target while they are off balance!
- One Hand and Shield
- Ransack (morph): Fixed an issue where the Minor Protection granted from this ability was additive rather than multiplicative.
- Dual Wield
- Flurry: Reduced the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 8% to ensure it does not eclipse other damage abilities, such as DoTs.
- Bloodthirst (morph): Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability was not properly increasing by 1% of the damage dealt per rank.
- Twin Slashes: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs damage over time by approximately 50%.
- Blood Craze (morph): The healing for this morph is now equal to the coefficient of the damage.
- Blade Cloak:
- ESO version 1.52 increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
- ESO update 1.52 reduced the damage per tick by approximately 18%.
- Quick Cloak (morph): This morph now also offers cost reduction, taking the base cost to 3780.
- Poison Arrow: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
- Poison Injection (morph): The execute function of this morph now applies to the entire skill, rather than only the Damage over Time.
- Rapid Fire:
- Ballista (morph): Updated the tooltip of this ability to show its true range, to prevent confusion in areas where you could increase your range yet fail to actually increase the range of the ability.
- Draining Shot (morph): This morph no longer knocks back targets hit, but instead reduces their movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds.
- ESO 1.52 increased the base cost of this ability and its morphs to 4500, up from 2808.
- The tooltips now properly mention their true duration.
- Destruction Staff
- Ancient Knowledge: Fixed an issue where this passive was not properly working with specific pets.
- Destructive Touch: Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and the Destructive Reach morph by approximately 50%.
- Wall of Elements:
- Increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 10 seconds, up from 8.
- Increased base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
- Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 18%.
- Soul Magic
- Soul Trap:
- This ability and its morphs will no longer fill Soul Gems if the target affected was a target dummy or critter.
- Fixed an issue where the application of these abilities could not be dodged, and where each tick of the damage could be dodged.
- Updated the visual effects to better line up with the animation of these abilities.
- ESO update 1.52 reduced the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by 40%.
- Infectious Claws:
- This ability and its morphs now immediately apply the Diseased status effect to enemies hit, and do Disease Damage rather than a hybrid of Physical and Disease Damage.
- Decreased the damage per tick of these abilities by approximately 40%.
- Claws of Life (morph): This morph now heals for 100% of the damage caused, instead of 50%. This will still result in an overall reduction, since the base damage has been reduced.
- Werewolf Transformation: Fixed many issues where this ability could persist without meeting the proper requirements.
- Werewolf Berserker (morph): Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 36%.
- Fighters Guild
- Trap Beast: Reduced the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
- Mages Guild
- This ability and the Structured Entropy morph no longer grant Major Sorcery.
- Decreased the damage dealt of all 3 versions of this ability by 40%.
- Reduced the base cost of these abilities to 2700, down from 2970.
- Degeneration (morph): This morph no longer grants Magicka back when hitting an enemy affected by the Damage over Time, but continues to grant Major Sorcery for its original duration.
- Fire Rune:
- Scalding Rune: Reduced the damage per tick of this morph by approximately 36%.
- Psijic Order
- Mend Wounds: Fixed many issues with the animation of the Heavy Attack of this ability and its morphs. You can no longer attempt and fail to heal the wildlife (critters) of Tamriel with the Heavy Attack from these abilities, for their frail bodies cannot handle the power you wield. This also fixes an issue where your character would erratically convulse when attempting to channel these abilities on a target you couldn’t actually target.
- Spawn Broodlings: Fixed an issue where the spiders spawned from the synergies and the other morphs would merely fade out of existence upon death, rather than displaying their death animations and then fading out of existence.
- Trapping Webs:
- This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds, rather than 5.
- Fixed an issue where the synergies granted from these abilities were lasting longer than the ability that housed it.
- Warhorn: This ability will now only apply to group members rather than allies.
- Cleanse: Reduced the healing per negative effect of this morph to 5% at Rank IV from 10%.
- Red Diamond: Fixed an issue where this passive’s cost reduction was doubling in effectiveness with Bash.
- Synergizer: This passive now displays a visual effect when triggered.
- Lingering Health Potions: These affix-on-consumable potions will now last for similar durations compared to powerful affixes such as Expedition or Protection. A CP150 potion will yield a 13 seconds base duration.
- Shield-Play Enchants: These enchantments no longer grant Bash cost reduction. They are now called “Bracing” enchantments, rather than Shield-Play.
- Potions that increase your Physical or Spell Resistance no longer grant Major Resolve or Ward, but instead grant a unique value of Resistances.
- Fixed multiple issues related to Ravage Health and Creeping Ravage Health poisons where they would perform differently between crafted versions and non-crafted versions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Crown Lethal Poison and similar crafted potions to differ slightly in effect.
- ESO 1.52 fixed an issue where poisons could not be consumed under certain circumstances, despite properly activating on a target.
- Fixed an issue where poison’s secondary and tertiary traits would fail to apply if procced from a ranged attack.
- Affliction: Fixed an issue where this set would not update its tooltip when you had points spent in the Befouled CP node.
- Azureblight Reaper: Enemies can now only have one instance of Blight Seeds on them at a time, but multiple players wearing the set can contribute to the stack count of the Blight Seed debuff. This will prevent situations where two separate stacks of Blight Seeds could be tracked from two separate players, but would conflict with the other stack’s cooldown and detonation.
- Barkskin: This set’s heal proc now has a visual effect to indicate it has occurred.
- Battlefield Acrobat: Fixed an issue where this set was not applying its cost reduction bonus to block or stealth.
- Blood Moon:
- Increased the Light Attack damage bonus of this set to 55%, up from 30%.
- Reduced the cooldown to 15 seconds, down from 18.
- Your melee Light Attacks no longer need to be Critical Damage in order to generate a stack.
- Blooddrinker: Increased the damage bonus for Bleed abilities to 33%, up from 20%.
- Crushing Wall: Fixed an issue where the bonus damage to your Light and Heavy Attacks granted from this set was ending while Wall of Elements or morphs were still active.
- Deadly Strike: Increased the damage bonus for this set to 20%, up from 14%.
- Fortified Brass: Reduced the Physical and Spell Resistances granted from the 5 piece bonus of this set to 3460 from 5170.
- Grand Rejuvenation: This item set will no longer grant 740 Stamina to allies hit by the initial heal of Grand Healing or its morphs. Instead, the initial heal of Grand Healing will restore 100 Magicka and Stamina to allies every second for 4 seconds.
- Hide of the Werewolf: This set’s Ultimate gain now has a visual effect when it occurs.
- Mighty Chudan: Fixed an issue where this set was stacking with other sources of Major Resolve in some situations.
- Mighty Glacier: Fixed an issue where this set was being procced off of any Bash attempt and self-snares.
- Fixed an issue where this set would fail to proc if attempting to use a Major or Minor Spell or Physical Resistance reduction ability against a target that had a permanent form of that ability, such as the Iron Atronach target dummy.
- Fixed an issue where Destruction staves from this set dropped at the improper item level.
- Scourge Harvester: Fixed an issue where the Major Vitality buff was not properly being tracked by UI buff trackers or your character sheet.
- Sentinel of Rkugamz: Reduced the amount of Stamina restored from this set to 115 per second, down from 500. This set now also returns Magicka per tick.
- Seventh Legion: Fixed an issue where this set would fail to apply if you had a longer source of a Major or Minor Resolve buff on you.
- Spelunker: This set’s Stamina restore now has a visual effect when it occurs.
- Steadfast Hero: Increased the cooldown of this set to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds, to reduce some of the staggering power that this set enables with Major Protection.
- Swarm Mother: Fixed an issue where this item set could pull players through terrain.
- Twilight Remedy: Fixed an issue where the visual effects for Minor Force were disappearing before the effect had ended.
- Virulent Shot: Reduced the range requirement to reach the maximum duration of this set to 15 meters from 22 meters, since you needed to be a pixel perfect distance to reach it. This also allows the set to be engaged with more outside of only playing from maximum range.
- Renamed the Campaign categories to more accurately describe the campaign rulesets.
- NPCs being held in stocks will no longer glitch out of them when being talked to.
- Fixed an issue when previewing dagger Outfit Styles would cause the dagger to clip into your character.
- Adjusted the Indrik saddle to better prevent stretching and clipping.
- ESO update 1.52 adjusted the tinting on the Hakoshae Festival Laurel adornment to keep the color consistent.
- Updated the Spawn of Mephala shoulder piece to improve clipping on the shoulders with weapons and shields.
- ESO 1.52 adjusted the Glenmoril outfit set to clean up the wrist portion of the armor.
- Combining some helmets and masks with the Welkynar and Ra Gada outfit styles no longer results in visual issues for Argonians and Khajiit.
- Updated the collision and quality on various plants.
- Improved the visual quality on various effects including the glowing eyes on some mounts, and the body of the Storm Atronach bear.
- Fixed a number of missing audio cues from NPCs (for example, people saying hello to you when you get close to them).
- Normalized experience gained from killing monsters and completing events in world locations according to type.
- Experience in delves and public dungeons has generally increased. Some outliers have had experience reduced (Nchuleftingth), bringing them in line with other content of the same type.
- Craglorn group content now provides experience closer to instances like Skyreach Catacombs.
- Some world locations have had experience increased to bring them in line with their type (Dragonstar Arena).
- NPCs will no longer comment on crimes they can’t see.
- Fixed an issue where some monsters would not charge after a successful charge cast, causing them to animate poorly.
- Fixed an issue where large monsters would slide instead of animate turns in combat.
- Fixed an issue where bears would occasionally turn incorrectly when out of combat.
- Bog Blight
- Looting the meat sack left by Combustion is now easier to accomplish in first person view.
- Brace now ends properly when the Defender blocks a heavy attack.
- Fixed an issue where Power Bash applied a Disorient instead of a Stun.
- Earth Spike no longer shakes the ground all over Elsweyr.
- Headbutt is no longer used if nobody would be hit by the attack at the beginning of its cast.
- Strafing run damage no longer kills player characters before the attack becomes visible.
- Flame Atronach
- Combustion damage no longer damages targets if the Flame Atronach despawns before it explodes.
- Lava Geyser no longer damages the target if the Flame Atronach was CC’d during the cast.
- Lava Geyser now requires line of sight to the target to start the cast.
- Frost Atronach
- Frozen Ground now delays the creation of the target-oriented AOEs, and will display effects for the second visual impact.
- Frost Atronach is now less likely to stop casting melee attacks when the target moves away after the ability starts.
- Hoarfrost Fist now deals frost damage.
- The snare applied for standing too close to a Frost Atronach is no longer hidden from buff trackers.
- Kwama Scrib
- Fixed an issue where Kwama Scribs in Grahtwood did not animate while moving.
- Fixed an issue where Mudcrabs in Hew’s Bane did not animate while moving.
- Fixed an issue where the Sacrifice ability could cause a player character to die, rather than a monster.
- Sacrifice no longer causes the monster to move or summon a ghost. It instead applies a damage shield to allies in the same combat.
- Fixed an issue where NPC nightblades would always open combat with Teleport Strike.
- Shalk Fabricant
- Fixed an issue where Static Discharge could desync the monster’s position on the client from its position on the server.
- Coiled Lash now correctly updates the target’s health on impact after being reflected.
- Fixed an issue where a Shaman killed by a reflected Coiled Lash would remain standing until it despawns.
- Storm Atronach
- Storm Atronach is now less likely to stop casting melee attacks when the target moves away after the ability starts.
- The Storm Bound projectile is now sourced when cast completes, rather than briefly before.
- The Storm Bound debuff is now visible to the target and target allies.
- Strike can now be cast while moving.
- Fixed an issue where Crushing Leap would not finish animating or go on cooldown if its target ran away.
- Improved the timing for the telegraph on Vomit.
- Crouching no longer prevents harvesting from gathering nodes in Cyrodiil.
- Using a crafting station or outfit station will now cancel crouching.
- Fixed an issue where the interface would sometimes briefly show the wrong colors after applying a new dye.
- Clearing the head slot in the outfit station with no helmet equipped will now properly remove the previously set style.
- The Ghastly Eye Bowl recipe no longer has an extra hyphen in its name.
- All crafted food now has an entry on the active effects list that shows the correct buff.
- Added additional potential fishing locations for underrepresented water types in various zones, including:
- Alik’r Desert
- Bal Foyen
- Gold Coast
- Reaper’s March
- The Rift
- ESO update 1.52 fixed an issue where previewing certain offerings in the Crown Store could cause your character to be invisible to you after you exited the store.
- Improved the messaging on several inventory and Service Token items.
- Fixed a graphical issue affecting Crown Crates that would occur when opening them on the Mac game client.
- ESO version 1.52 added persistent visual effects to the Sanguivorian Howler (found in the New Moon Crate) when running, as well as an added effect trail when rearing up.
- Fixed an issue where dungeons and trials could allow more players to join than the intended limit.
- Fungal Grotto II
- Gamyne Bandu
- Shadow Tormentors no longer grant experience when killed.
- Shadow Chains no longer appears in the active effects UI.
- Spawn of Mephala
- Shadow Pull and Death Is Your Only Escape no longer appear in the active effects UI.
- Vaults of Madness
- Ulguna Soul-Reaver will now always grant credit for associated achievements when killed.
- Hel Ra Citadel
- Gargoyles will no longer try to attack player characters they cannot reach (notably on the battlements).
- Petrifying Below no longer applies a generic icon to player characters.
- Fixed an issue where the last player entering the gauntlet courtyard could end up outside the gate and unable to get back in.
- Disabled movement while using the Jester’s Festival Joke Popper collectible.
- Onyx and Pure Snow Indriks are now visible in the Collectibles menu before being unlocked.
- ESO 1.52 adjusted the Engine Guardian’s Mask and Shoulder style collectibles to be hidden in the collectibles menu until they’ve been unlocked, to be consistent with similar items.
- Added post-quest copies of the following books:
- Kinlady’s Letter
- Krisandra Edrald’s Journal, Vol 1
- Krisandra Edrald’s Journal, Vol 2
- Krisandra Edrald’s Journal, Vol 3
- Note to Vanus
- Treaty of Khenarthi’s Roost
- The Corruption of Maarselok memento no longer displays a debuff while active.
- Furnishing Merchant NPCs will now more appropriately greet homeowners, rather than accusing homeowners of homelessness.
- Target Dummies now correctly calculate directional combat buffs.
- Corrected the name of “Praxis: Hagraven Cauldron, Rough Stone” to “Praxis: Hagraven Cauldron, Ritual”.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly placing a furnishing could cause it to appear far above you, instead of in front of you.
- The “Elsweyr Gate, Masterwork” furnishing will now appear in the Doorways subsection of the Structures category, instead of the Building Components subsection.
- Fixed some graphical issues with the Grundwulf bust furnishing.
- “Wedding Blossoms, Blue” and “Wedding Blossoms, Peach” can now be found in the Enchanted Lights subcategory instead of the Plants subcategory.
- Corrected a mismatch between the name of the “Redguard Enclosure, Arc” furnishing and its recipe.
- The “Tree, Desert Acacia” furnishing now sways gently in the wind, as intended.
- Fixed an issue where some Elsweyr carpets were harder to select than intended.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, you would not be able to interact with your furnishings until you re-entered placement mode.
- Sealed some gaps that the camera could poke through in Wraithhome.
- Corrected small lines of flickering (z-fighting) that would appear in certain corners of Wraithhome.
- Corrected a minor typo in Wraithhome, where the name of the home would sometimes appear as “Wraithome” in the top right of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where three items in the furnished version of Wraithhome wouldn’t stack with identical items acquired from the Crown Store.
- Added a 30 second wait time between logins from the same account to fix a variety of data corruption issues that could affect characters. If you try to log into the same account within the 30 second window, you will receive an error message stating the account is already in use.
- Note: This will not have any impact on swapping characters.
- Fixed an issue where it would appear as though other players were “flying” in a straight line. Note they were not actually flying, they just believed they could fly. They believed they could touch the sky.
- Fixed a cooking fire in a tavern in Rivenspire that let you see the world behind the world. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
- Through the Daedric Lens: You can now properly look through the observation windows in the Library of Dusk.
- The Orrery of Elden Root: Fixed an issue where Ayrenn’s line, “I must not delay,” was in fact far more delayed than it probably should be. Sorry, your majesty, not to harsh your mellow or anything, but we gotta do this thing on schedule.
- Seeks-Her-Glory now seeks her glory against your FACE if you decide to attack her, rather than standing still by the chair and contemplating how best to get shot at without retaliation.
- Fixed an issue where three NPCs in the Rawl’kha Outlaws Refuge were erroneously flagged as guild traders in some hidden data.
- Grim Situation: Shazah will now properly fight when prompted, and will no longer do weird stuff if you interact with her before she starts the final ritual.
- A copy of Darkest Darkness has been unearthed from the soil in Shadowfen.
- Last One Standing: The area pin for the step to kill Tsanji is no longer ridiculously huge.
- The Thin Ones: Clavicus Vile was ordered by the Tamriel Architecture Foundation to make sure that both sides of a door to his chapel in Stillrise Village conformed to specifications. In particular, the door should look the same on both sides and not let you see out into the world between worlds. Maybe next time, Chucky Vile.
- Climbing the Spire: Destroyed wards will now properly reappear in the event you abandon this quest.
- Fixed an issue where, if you summoned Witchmother Olyve and then ran away from her, there would be no talk-to pin overhead when you resummoned her.
- Fixed a bunch of old typos and incorrect hyphen usage in certain terms.
- Updated the “Travel to Leader” prompt to display like other notifications on the HUD so it doesn’t hide time sensitive notifications, such as ready checks.
- Fixed an issue where your character’s nameplate was too low when riding spider-type mounts.
- Fixed an issue that caused improved weapons and armor to initially have less than full charge or condition. Improved weapons and armor will now automatically be restored to full charge or perfect condition.
- Fixed an issue where dungeon icons on the map wouldn’t display their completed text after you completed it.
- The “Travel to Leader” prompt will now go away if you leave or are removed from a group.
- Fixed a UI error that could occur when navigating to the Notifications menu from Collections.
- Fixed an issue in the Crown Store where keybind text could overlap.
- Skin, hair, and eye color options in the Character Create screen will now be sorted from lightest to darkest. The options themselves are unchanged.
- Fixed an issue where the “Removing from area…” timer would overlap with buff trackers.
- Fixed a UI error that could occur in the Crown Store when backing out of gifting a product.
- Fixed an issue where quests with multiple currency rewards would overlap the item rewards.
- Fixed a few issues with some Collectibles not sorting properly.
- Fixed an issue where you were not able to re-dye an outfit slot after clearing the previous dyes, if the new colors are the same as the old ones.
- Fixed a few cases of confusing verbiage in the Deconstruction and Enchanting extraction screens.
- Combat text will now display the damage absorbed by absorb shields you place on other players.
Guilds & Guild Functionality
- ESO version 1.52 added additional text to the listing tab in the guild store UI when you can’t access it because you aren’t a member of the guild
- An alert will now display when you are promoted or demoted in a guild.
- Fixed an issue where declined/revoked guild invites would display an alert saying the player left the guild.
Help & Tutorials
- ESO 1.52 updated Help text for the Undaunted in DLC sections.
- Updated the Help menu entries for New Life Festival, Witches Festival, and the Undaunted Celebration.
- Updated the Nascent Indrik Help entries to include feathers and berries being Collectible Fragments.
ESO update 1.52 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download.