Elite Dangerous update 6.01 is now available to download for PC players. According to the official Elite Dangerous patch notes, the latest update brings quality of life changes and fixes. Apart from this, Elite Dangerous Odyssey update 6.01 also includes various stability fixes.
Previously, a big update added a number of issues and implement some quality of life improvements to the Galaxy.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, some players are experiencing issues while playing the game. Today’s Elite Dangerous Odyssey patch 6.01 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Elite Dangerous Patch Notes (Odyssey Update 6.01) – August 2, 2021
- The bartender has had a stern talking to. They now promise to no longer crash your game when you try and sell your goods to them.
- There is a small chance that the bartender could be a little stubborn…If you encounter this issue again, give one of us a nudge.
- An issue has been fixed whereby NPC’s would no longer use flashlights in the dark making it very hard to see…well…anything.
- This fix also applies for Scavengers.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Commanders were unable to aim down the sight of the Intimidator weapon.
- Some players experienced a ‘Black Adder’ disconnect when purchasing and equipping a livery item. Instances of this should now be resolved.
- An issue has been fixed whereby point defense turrents were failing to destroy hatch breaker limpets.
- Fixed POI (retrieval) mission progression.
- Some Commanders were experiencing an issue whereby they couldn’t hand in item retrieval missions. These instances are now fixed.
- ‘Hold E to Loot’ was proving an absolute nightmare for many. We’ve listened and understood, thereby reverting the action back to being a single button press.
- An issue has been fixed whereby auto launch would eject ships to outside of mass lock range.
- An issue has been fixed whereby torches would not be visible in the camera suite, nor on other players in an instance.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Ship Launched Fighter crew would get a little overconfident with their acknowledgements
- Things were a little hairy for a second!
- An issue has been fixed whereby the Ship AI could disengage super cruise too close to stars.
- An issue has been fixed whereby ambient occlusion would not render correctly at certain resolutions – including when using FSR.
- “Balanced” can be selected in the FSR graphics options.
- Fix for FSR not working with VR HMD virtual flatscreen.
- Made some improvements to stability.
- These are usually fixes to “random crashes” encountered by Commanders who send through crash logs. The issues lie often deep within code with non specific triggers of great detail.
Download free Elite Dangerous Odyssey update 6.01 on PC.