Elite Dangerous update 1.40 released for players on PS4. According to the official Elite Dangerous 1.40 patch notes, the latest hotfix brings some minor gameplay changes and bug fixes. Additionally, the Elite Dangerous version 1.40 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a major September update was released with a new starter experience, new Livery System, new virtual currency: ARX and much more. Unfortunately, many players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Elite Dangerous version 1.40 is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Elite Dangerous update 1.40 patch notes
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
- Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
- Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
- Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
- Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
- (Xbox One only) Replaced ‘Debug Test’ text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with ‘Enter Ship Name/ID’
- Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
- Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
- Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
- Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
- (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
- Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
- Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
- (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
- Fixed crashing issues.
- Fixed a few glitches.
- Addressed frame drop issues.
- Added performance and stability improvements.
- Various under the hood fixes.
Elite Dangerous update 1.40 for PS4 is now available for download.