Dungeon Defenders 2 update 2.09 (October 28, 2021) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Dungeon Defenders 2 patch notes, the new update added the newest DD2 hero: The Mercenary to the game. Apart from this, DD2 patch also includes new shards, new mods, new pets, new costumes, and even some new tower functionality on the Adept
Previously, a major update was released with various fixes. Unfortunately, since the previous update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game.
Today’s Dungeon Defenders 2 patch will fix all these issues.
Dungeon Defenders 2 Patch Notes – October 28, 2021
New Hero: Mercenary
- Fan of knives – Quickly spin in place, throwing knives in every direction dealing damage to all close by.
- Dagger Throw – Throws a line of poison daggers toward your enemies!
- Combat Preparation – Focuses on the battle ahead, giving an edge in battle by increasing movement speed, and damage.
- Sweeping Strikes – Unleash a spin move in the direction you’re facing, dealing massive damage to any enemy unlucky enough to be in the path.
- Royal Guard Blockade – Blocks enemies, Attacks with his shield dealing physical damage.
- Nether Spider Spawner – Spawns several spiders that run towards enemies and explode, dealing physical damage and weakening enemy attacks.
- Nether Archer Tower – Fires bolts of dark energy that bounce between enemies, dealing less damage after each bounce.
- Elvish Artillery Cannon – Fires a chaotic ball of energy dealing area of effect storm damage.
Mercenary Hero Shards
- Knife Club – Increases the damage of Fan of Knives by x%.
- Empowered Throw – Increases the damage of Dagger Throw by x%.
- Sharp Thinking – increases the damage bonus of combat preparation by x%.
- Follow Through – Increases the damage of Sweeping Strikes by x%.
- Backstab – Primary attacks that hit enemies from behind now deal x% of their total damage.
- Escape Artist – Reduces the time of disabling effects you sustain by x%.
- Poisoned Blades – Combat Preparation now applies poison to your blades for 5s, causing you to deal x% more damage as poison damage on melee attacks.
- Explosive blades – Daggers thrown by Dagger Throw no longer pierce. Daggers now stick to the target and explode after 3 seconds for x% of Ability Power.
- Lingering Poison – Daggers thrown by Dagger Throw now poison the target for x% of Ability Power for y seconds.
- Shadow Prince – Taking damage has an x% chance to make you take y% less damage and stun attackers for z seconds over the duration.
- Momentum – Enemies hit by abilities reduce Sweeping Strikes ability cooldown by x seconds every hit.
- Binding Roots – Your slam ability has an x% chance to stun enemies for 0.5 seconds then root in place for 4.5 seconds.
- Bounty – Restores x mana upon defeating an enemy.
- Frenzy – Primary attacks have a x% to increase attack speed by y% for 5 seconds. Can only proc every 7 seconds.
Mercenary Tower Shards
- Earthen Guard – Imbues the Royal Guard’s shield with earth magic that has a x% chance on dealing damage to unleash a fissure, dealing y% of your Tower Health as Earth Damage.
- Plated Armor – Imbues the Royal Guard’s armor, making enemy projectiles deal x% of their original damage.
- Ghost Arrows – The arrows of the Nether Archer can now bounce x additional times.
- Ghastly Curse – Nether Archer arrows now make enemies move at x% speed for y seconds.
- Icy Spiders – Nether Spiders have a x% chance to spawn a pool of ice on the ground that makes all nearby enemies move at y% speed for 5 seconds. The ice pools last 10 seconds.
- Exploding Spiders – Nether Spiders’ explosion radius is x% bigger.
- Over Charge – Increases the Elvish Artillery Cannon’s projectile damage radius by x%, and reduces damage falloff by y%.
- Critical Allocation – Increases the defense Crit damage of the Elvish Artillery Cannon by x% and Crit Chance by y% but lowers the towers range by 25%.
- Mercenary’s Mark – Fan of Knives now marks targets, marked targets now take x% extra damage on the next hit.
- Spectral Arrows – Damage dealt by the Nether Archer’s arrows is reduced by x% less than normal on subsequent bounces.
New Adept Tower
- Flameburst Tower – Shoots a flaming projectile at an enemy. When the projectile strikes an enemy, it explodes, dealing magical fire damage in a small area.
- New shard for Flameburst Tower: Gathering Burst – Flameburst Tower’s fireballs deal more damage the further they travel, up to +x% more damage.
- New Mercenary Skin – Aegis of the High King
- New Lavamancer Skin – The Zombiemancer
- New Mystic Skin – The Snake God’s Vessel
- New Abyss Lord Skin – Cursed Lord of the Desert
- New Dryad Skin – Bone Dragon’s Battlegear
- New Adept Skin – Firelord Adept
- New Apprentice Skin – Forbidden Magic Apprentice
- Tundraken Head
- Tundraken Wings
- Tundraken Tail
- Pet Ability: Jurassic War Cry – Resets all Hero ability cooldowns
- Drops on Lost Dungeons maps
- Amber Dino
- Pet Ability: Jurassic War Cry – Resets all Hero ability cooldowns
- Sold by Pet Egg Vendor
- Haunted Ship
- Pet Ability: Tsunami – Rolls a wave dealing 3000% water Hero damage and drenching enemies for 5 seconds
- Drops on Isle of Dread maps
- Axes can now roll light / heavy
- Ice Chip is now an unlocked mod
- Orc Blockade attacks changed to area of effect
- Removed Head Strong from all stabby lanes
- Headstrong enemies are no longer able to be frozen
- Fixed an issue with the Bots of Oil shard where the fire DoT wasn’t working properly.
- Fixed an issue with the Oily Harpoon shard where it was not properly applying the oil effect if the
- Ballista was attuned to an element.
- Fixed issues with Water Servo and Poison Servo where they were not properly granting Defense Power.
- Fixed an issue with the Lavamancer’s Harden ability where it was not properly reflecting projectiles.
- Fixed an issue where Plain Talismans did not drop from Chaos 3.
- Fixed an issue where the Depth Lord skin could not be purchased with gems.
- Fixed an issue with the scaling of Hardened Servo being incorrect.
- The pet ability Sticky Bomb now no longer sticks to towers and nodes.
- Fixed an issue on the Wild Westival map where Phased enemies would fall through the floor in certain places.
- Fixed an issue with the tooltip on the Sundering Blow shard.
- Fixed an issue with Serpent God’s Protection where it was not properly functioning.
- Fixed an issue with the Barbarian’s Leap ability where it was not going its full distance under certain conditions.
- The Mark Targets shard can now properly be equipped to the HailstormTower.
- Changed the tooltip of the Stomp Strike Chip to properly convey its function.
- Adjusted the potency of the Inferno buff on the Forest Biome map.
- Fixed an issue involving players joining games at unintended times.
- Updated Spider Web VFX updated to be more readable.
Download free Dungeon Defenders 2 update on PC (Steam) and PS4.