Dota 2 update 7.33 is available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Dota 2 7.33 patch notes, the latest Dota 2 new Frontiers update adds a new map, major gameplay changes, matchmaking changes, and user interface changes. Apart from this, Dota 2 patch 7.33 also includes a long list of balancing changes and fixes.
Previously, a major update added a long list of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Dota 2 patch 7.33 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
Dota 2 7.33 Patch Notes – April 21, 2023
But with 40% more terrain, there’s plenty of room to reap new resources and discover new strategies. Both main jungles have also been fully reconfigured, shaking up vision placement, juke routes, farming and more.
- Roshan sold his old river pit and now has two new pits located in the northwest and southeast corners of the map, close to a gym and just minutes away from the Secret Shops. Roshan is now even tougher, no longer drops Aghanim’s Shards, and drops Cheese on his second death instead of third. His third death drops a Refresher Shard or a Scepter, depending on which pit he’s in.
- Two gates now connect the corners of the map near the safe lane towers, allowing players to teleport instantly from one edge of the map to the other.
- Lotus Pools can be found on the left and right sides of the map, where creep waves first meet. They periodically spawn fruit that, when eaten, grants mana and HP. Players can combine the fruit to create even larger, higher-value fruit in the late game.
- Two powerful neutral creeps, Tormentors, spawn near each base after 20 minutes and grow stronger every time they are killed. They are equipped with megashields that reflect most of the damage thrown at them.
- Watchers begin the game inactive and neutral, but grant vision over their area for seven minutes when activated. They turn to the team that kills Roshan.
- Defender’s Gate is a backdoor to the base with a force field that allows the team through and keeps the enemy team out.
- Wisdom Runes grant XP boosts and spawn near the base, while Shield Runes provide a barrier of 50% Max HP and are found near the river.
- 12 new creep camps are scattered throughout the expanded map.
- The original outposts have been moved to new locations, and two new outposts have been added to the map.
MAJOR GAMEPLAY CHANGES
The New Frontiers Update introduces significant changes to the gameplay mechanics of your favorite heroes and systems. Here are the major changes you need to know:
- NEW HERO ATTRIBUTE TYPE
Void Spirit is now a Universal hero. This new type of hero is composed of existing heroes that can gain 0.6 damage from any attribute, making them distinct from the previous Strength, Agility, and Intelligence hero categories.
- BLACK KING BAR REWORKED
Activating Black King Bar now grants Magic Resistance and Debuff Immunity, and applies a basic dispel. While active, negative effects from debuffs do not affect you, and you are immune to Pure and Reflected Damage. However, debuffs will be applied for any remaining duration if the Black King Bar expires before their duration is up. Effects that pierce magic immunity will also pierce debuff immunity.
- NEUTRAL ITEM DROPS REWORKED
Killing a neutral creep now drops a token, which lets you choose from five available neutral items. Each token offers a full array of five options, so players have a real choice in selecting their items. Teams can give tokens to anyone to use, but once an item is selected, it cannot be shared.
- NEUTRAL CREEP SCALING
Neutral creeps and their abilities now scale over time, making them harder to wipe out as the game goes on. However, heroes with the ability to control creeps will have some serious backup.
- KILL FORMULA REWORKED
The Kill formula has been reworked to make early game kills more impactful and encourage players to gank other lanes. Gold scaling for lane creeps has also been reduced, making creep farming less profitable as the game progresses.
- AN UNSTUNNING NEW FEATURE
The duration of almost every disable in the game has been reduced, making it more fun to play your hero and encouraging players to be more active.
Overall, these changes will redefine the meta and add new dimensions to the gameplay experience. However, it is recommended that players take their time to understand and adapt to these changes gradually to avoid getting overwhelmed.
Here are the main updates in the form of bullet points:
- The map has been reworked, with all four edges expanded and new paths and objectives added.
- Twin Gates have been added to the corners of the map, which can be used by any player to teleport to the other Twin Gate after channeling for 3 seconds.
- The Roshan pit has been removed from the river, and two new Roshan pits have been added to the corners of the map. Roshan now teleports between these pits as day turns to night and vice versa, and his current location is highlighted on the minimap.
- Roshan no longer drops Aghanim’s Shard on the second death, but now drops Cheese starting on the second death, and drops Aghanim’s Scepter when killed on the Radiant side and a Refresher Shard when killed on the Dire side on the third death onwards.
- Two Tormentor mini-bosses have been added behind the Offlane areas, which spawn at 20:00. Destroying a Tormentor grants an Aghanim’s Shard buff to one of the two lowest networth allied heroes that still do not have the Shard when it dies.
- Two new alternate exit paths have been added to the base near the Offlane Tier 3 towers, which connect with the area where the Tormentor spawns. These entrances/exits can only be used by the team of the base they are in.
- Power Runes no longer repeat until all different runes have spawned. A new Power Rune has been added, which grants a barrier equal to 50% of the user’s max HP and lasts 75 seconds. A new Wisdom Rune has been added, which appears in two new spots on the Offlane near the T2 towers and grants 280 experience for each 7 minutes elapsed to the hero that grabs it.
- Outposts no longer grant experience and no longer provide vision or True Sight around them. Two more Outposts have been added to the edges of the map on the Safe lanes near T1 towers and Twin Gates.
- Eight Watchers have been added to the map, which can be turned on by any hero by channeling them for 1.5 seconds. When on, Watcher grants 800 radius vision over its area for 7 minutes, after which it deactivates and becomes neutral again. A hero from the opposing team can channel an active Watcher for 1.5 seconds to destroy it. Watchers are located in the center of each main jungle, next to each Roshan pit, in the center of each triangle near the Secret Shop, and by each Tormentor.
- Two Lotus Pools have been added to the edges of the map near the river, which spawn 1 Healing Lotus every 3 minutes, up to a total of 6 available at a time. Healing Lotuses can be stacked and restore 125 HP and 125 Mana on use, with a cooldown of 5 seconds. Three Healing Lotuses can be combined into a Great Healing Lotus, and two Great Healing Lotuses can be combined into a Greater Healing Lotus. Both teams have a vision of both Lotus Pools’ content.
- 12 new neutral camps have been added on the extended rim of the map, most of which are bound to four new named areas: The Well, The Graveyard, The Statue, and The Mines. Each unit receives a special buff while staying in these areas.