Doom Eternal 1.003 patch notes released for PS4, Xbox One and PC players. According to the official Doom Eternal version 1.003.000 patch notes, the latest update added new features, changes, quality of life improvements, and more. Apart from this, Doom Eternal version 1.0003 also includes stability improvements.
Previously, an update was released with some minor bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the launch, many players are experiencing a number of issues while playing the game.
Today’s Doom Eternal version 1.003.000 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Doom Eternal 1.003 patch notes?
New Features for ALL platforms
Empowered Demons are now online! When a player is killed in the single player campaign, the demon that felled them is beefed up and transported to another player’s game to fight again! Take out an Empowered Demon and you’ll not only be rewarded with tons of health and ammo, but also bonus XP to progress in-game events! Toggle Empowered Demons ON/OFF in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options.
Note: It will take 24 hours after the release of this Update for Empowered Demons to appear in your Campaign
Echelon Leveling is now available. Once you complete DOOM Level 250, you receive your first Echelon, unlocking a special insignia denoting your rank to other players. Each Echelon earned resets your DOOM Level to 1 and gives you another rank insignia. You keep all of your gear as you progress through new Echelons.
PRECIOUS METALS EVENT IS NOW LIVE featuring the incredible MC Pain Master Collection and so much more.
Favorite Code is now available. Players can now add friends to their Favorites using a Favorite Code in the Social Menu
New Features for PC
Added Denuvo Anti-Cheat software required for playing BATTLEMODE on PC
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat uses a kernel-mode driver
- Use of the kernel-mode driver starts when the game launches and stops when the game stops for any reason
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat does not take screenshots, scan your file system, or stream shellcode from the internet
- Denuvo Anti-Cheat can be uninstalled at any time through the “Add or remove programs” dialog
Single Player Campaign Quality-of-Life Updates for ALL platforms
- Reduced damage taken while swimming
- Added vertical Dash ability when in water
- Moved the Rad Suit in Taras Nabad directly in-front of the water area so the player clearly sees it when entering the arena
- Removed all difficulty damage scaling for both Water/Slime
- Added Maykr Drone campaign tutorial during first encounter in Urdak
- Added an option for Hold (Default) or Press functionality for Double Dash in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options. Hold allows the player to dash twice by holding the input. Press requires the player to press the input twice.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod damage over time
BATTLEMODE Quality-of-Life Updates for ALL platforms
- BATTLEMODE Tutorials are now required for first-time players when entering the mode
- Added functionality to take disciplinary action against players who exploit BATTLEMODE by prematurely exiting matches or are abusive on voice chat
- BATTLEMODE Death Report Deaths in BATTLEMODE now display a damage report showing players exactly what killed them
- New Indicator for Healing Demon Players New FX display under player headers in BATTLEMODE when they are actively healing. This is visible to all players.
- New Messaging in BATTLEMODE has been added to improve the clarity of server and lobby states
New Network Icons in BATTLEMODE will display when network conditions introduce latency or packet loss. The Network Icons are as follows:
- Latency Variation : Your latency is fluctuating inconsistently, which will cause intermittent lag (see High Latency)
- High Latency : The time it takes for data to travel between you and the server is high. Also referred to as a high “ping”, and results in lag.
- Packet Loss : Higher packet loss means more data is being lost between you and the server.
BATTLEMODE Balance Changes
Balance Changes for ALL platforms
- Removed the damage reduction when the wolf is summoned
- Increased wolf-summoning cool down from 21 seconds to 24 seconds
Balance changes for Console only
- Teleport cooldown increased from 4.5 seconds to 5.5 seconds
- Flame Wall Shield duration decreased from 4.0 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Soul Shield duration decreased from 4.0 seconds to 3.5 seconds
Fixes for ALL Platforms
- Fixed an issue so that now all customized character and weapon skins appear correctly all the time
- Fixed an art issue with one of the bodies in Urdak causing it to display improperly
- Fixed an issue which would cause the Slayer’s hand to become stuck in place when switching weapons while picking up the frag grenade
- Fixed an issue where using the IDKFA cheat code in Mission Select could cause weapons mods to equip on top of each other
- Fixed an issue which would cause the rocket launcher to be removed from the player’s arsenal when quitting the game immediately after completing the combat sequence where it’s acquired in Cultist Base
- Fixed an issue in Exultia where progress could become blocked after dying or quitting immediately before the doors open to the Sentinel plaza
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where Marauder skins would display incorrectly during animations outside of gameplay
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where the end of match scoreboard inaccurately represented player scores during the match
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE on the Penance map that would cause black artifacts to obscure player vision
- Fixed an issue which would cause Slayer Gate keys to disappear on first playthrough of a level after activating a cheat code
- Fixed a rare crash for when demon players load into the Extraction map from a post-match lobby in BATTLEMODE
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where BFG kills would fail to increment Weapons Expert
- Fixed a rare crash in BATTLEMODE where a Slayer quitting could result in one or both Demon’s game crashing
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE in which players would sometimes spawn outside of the map at match start
- Improved messaging system to provide more clarity on any online services issues players may be experiencing
- Fixed a crash when loading into Mars Core directly from the Fortress of DOOM
- Fixed an issue in which the default Slayer hands would appear when color variants of the classic DOOM Marine skin were equipped while using classic weapon pose
- Fixed issue in which the Chromatic Aberration settings reset after quitting the game
- The Barrel Blast challenge now increments correctly when killing demons by shooting barrels
- The Blood Puncher challenge no longer increments past the goal limit of 20
- Fixed issue in which the number of completed Milestones displayed was not accurate for some players
- Fixed issue in which doors in the Fortress of DOOM were sometimes invisible
- Fixed issue in which players could not complete Taras Nabad after fast traveling to the Slayer Gate and reloading that checkpoint
- The Arc Complex Master Level summary screen now shows the correct XP gained
- The flame VFX now show up correctly for the Demonic Slayer skin on climbable walls
- Fixed issue in which power-ups were not working correctly during 4th round BATTLEMODE matches
- Fixed an issue in which the demon summon icons would flash briefly for some users at the start of BATTLEMODE rounds
- Fixed an issue in which the player would become locked in a melee animation when rapidly switching to Chainsaw/Crucible, immediately followed by a melee attack
- Fixed issue in which the AutoMap was appearing dim for PC users while running in HDR display mode
Fixes for PC only
- Anti-cheat bans will be issued more aggressively starting with this Update
- Players who are identified to be cheating will be notified that they are blocked from all multiplayer content
- Fixed a crash on some older graphics cards while running in Fullscreen mode
- Removed AMD HDR warning message on startup (AMD has since fixed the issue with their current release drivers)
- Fixed an issue in which changing to Borderless Windowed mode, then alt-tabbing would sort the game behind other open windows
- Fixed an issue that caused the Windows taskbar to display when alt-tabbing while in Borderless Windowed mode
- Fixed an issue in which the Lost Souls from the Pain Elemental’s Soul Shield moved erratically with V-Sync disabled
Fixes for Console only
- Fixed a crash when launching DOOM or DOOM II from the Slayer’s retro computer in the Fortress of DOOM
Fixes for Stadia only
- Issue: Alt+Tabbing in Windowed mode then immediately using the left click will cause keyboard inputs to become unresponsive
Resolution: Alt-tabbing in and out again typically resolves this issue
- Issue: In BATTLEMODE when The Slayer is swapping Mods as the round ends, this may cause the mod to break at the start of the next round
Resolution: Swap mods or weapons at the start of the next round to resolve
- Issue: In BATTLEMODE, the Super Shotgun’s Meat Hook mod may stop working if you Chainsaw a demon immediately after using it.
Resolution: Swap mods or weapons at the start of the next round to resolve
- Issue: Low Health VFX may persist on the HUD when a demon player is resurrected by ally Demon Player
Doom Eternal 1.03 is now available for download.