A new Doom Eternal update 1.25 (1.009.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One. According to the official Doom Eternal 1.24 patch notes, the latest update added tweaks and fixes to the game. Apart from this, today’s Doom Eternal patch 1.25 (1.009) also includes performance improvemnts.
Previously, an update was released which added brand new, three-level arcade-style single-player Horde Mode (with online leaderboards), two new Master Levels, and BATTLEMODE 2.0.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues. Today’s Doom Eternal version 1.24 will fix a few of these issues.
We’re excited to add new accessibility features to DOOM Eternal so that the gameplay experience can be enjoyed by even more players:
Accessibility Settings Notification Pop-Up Menu
After installing Update 6.66 Rev 2, you will be presented with an Accessibility Settings Notification Pop-Up Menu. Read through the available options to make sure they are set to your preference. Once in game, Accessibility settings can be accessed from the Accessibility, Audio and Video Settings menus
This option converts text entered in the BATTLEMODE 2.0 chat window into a synthesized voice, based on the user-selected speech profile
This option enables onscreen transcription from incoming voice chat in the BATTLEMODE 2.0 chat window
Incoming Text to Speech
Enables a simulated voice to read aloud text chat messages incoming from the other players
Outgoing Text to Speech
Enables a simulated voice to read aloud the player’s outgoing text chat to the other players
When enabled, incoming text chat messages are translated into the same language the receiving player’s system is set to. This functionality applies to standard and Speech-to-Text incoming text chat messages
This option reduces the speed at which screen brightness can change within the game. It can be fine-tuned with the following sliders when enabled:
UI Text Contrast Updates
Some Menu UI elements have been altered to improve readability
The Combat Shotgun Full Auto mod wind down animation can now be interrupted by melee input
We updated the Online Chat Window to now be accessible from the HUD when in a BATTLEMODE 2.0 match. It was previously required to pause the game to access the Chat Window within a match
- Resolved an issue in which jumping vertically from a coffin wall at the same time it drops would result in residual phantom collision and fail to reset the coffin wall
- Fixed a bug where a DOOM Hunter could erroneously damage the Slayer while faltered within melee range
The Ancient Gods – Part One
- Resolved issue in which the “Destroy the Father’s Life Sphere” mission objective and the Blood Swamps Codex entry would disappear after (Blood Swamps) mission reset
The Ancient Gods – Part Two
- Resolved an issue where increasing to Nightmare from a lower difficulty and then completing it incorrectly showed Nightmare as the Highest Difficulty Played in the Mission Select menu
- Fixed a bug that accidentally removed the Soul Sphere and the Crucible from the Mars Core Master Level in Classic Mode
- Resolved issue where the Full Auto Combat Shotgun mod was not usable if you interrupt its pickup animation with the Plasma Rifle equipped in the Mars Core Master Level
The Ancient Gods – Part Two
- Fixed a bug in which backing out of the upper cottage in the village entrance in World Spear Master Level after killing the Marauder would cause non-functional demonic gates to linger and prevent enemies on the way to the cathedral from spawning
Note: The full changelog will be available soon.
Download free Doom Eternal update 1.25 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.