Distant Worlds 2 update 22.214.171.124 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Distant Worlds 2 patch notes, the latest update added crash fixes, fleets and ships fixes.
Note: This build will reset the game’s settings. Unfortunately, this is required while we continue troubleshooting issues that are preventing some players from being able to play Distant Worlds 2. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Previously, a minor update was with tweaks and fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing issues with the game. Today’s Distant Worlds 2 patch 126.96.36.199 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Table of Contents
Distant Worlds 2 March 18 Patch Notes – Official
– fixed rare crash when rendering empire territory
– fixed rare crash when scrapping advanced ship with tech bonus, but your empire has not yet researched a relevant project
– fixed rare crash when calculating military ship strength
– fixed rare crash when evaluating threats to a ship
RENDERING CRASH HANDLING
– more graceful recovery when texture or vertex buffer creation fails due to display adapter crash, reset, or change in performance mode. This should greatly reduce the number of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED crashes
– improved diplomacy so that relations now more likely to rise to higher levels (top-level treaties) when you work at improving relations with a faction. Remember that you can directly set diplomatic strategy per faction, which will also help improve relations (Befriend, Ally, Close Ally)
FLEETS AND SHIPS
– fixed bug where ships and fleets could sometimes teleport to edge of galaxy when assigned a mission while already jumping
– fleet jump speed coordination now applies to all fleet missions, not just attack missions (ships travel at same jump speed)
– Fuel Tankers no longer use fleet jump speed when part of a fleet
– now properly review maximum colony population level as tech improves (colonization modifiers) and planet quality changes (terraforming, etc). This fixes issues with migration missions sometimes not completing
– ensure that player’s per-role ship design automation settings are reset between each game (not remembered from previous games)
– Fleet Template screen no longer generates empty fleet when do not have enough money to build
– ensure scroll position in Empire Policy screen is reset to top when open again (previously settings were sometimes not appearing until scrolled up)
– reduced estimated resource demand for fuel so that more accurately aligns with actual usage
– changed default game start settings for research to fixed paths and colonization range limit to 300M
– Data fixes and changes to correct resource costs for some components/hulls with no resource costs or incorrect costs
– Added missing fallback paths for some armor techs
– Fixes for some story event issues
– Extended range for dedicated bombardment weapons
– Simplified main menu scene to assist with consistent startup crash troubleshooting
Download free Distant Worlds 2 update 188.8.131.52 on PC (Steam).