Dirt 5 update 2.00 is now available for download on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to Dirt 5 2.00 patch notes, the latest update added a long list of quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Dirt 5 version 2.00 also includes stability and performance fixes.
Recently the game was released with mostly positive reviews. The game is also coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S.
Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing several issues with the game. Today’s Dirt 5 version 2.00 will fix a few of these issues.
Dirt 5 2.00 Patch Notes
- Further general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode on Xbox Series X
- Further FPS improvements when using Image Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing flickering lights during night-time events
- PC: Further fixes for reports of crashes and startup issues
Fixed issue causing game freezes in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Fixes for crashes occurring at the beginning of some Career events for some players
- Added option to listen back to previous podcast episodes from a playlist
Fixed visual bug in Career mode that shows the player earning more than the maximum amount of Stamps after completing Throwdowns
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process; search times for lobbies have been increased to improve the likelihood of live lobbies being found.
- Friends lobby size increased to eight players .
Fixes for crashes occurring when exiting active multiplayer events.
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performance issues in split-screen play.
Audio fixes for low volume in split-screen mode.
- Leaderboard display adjusted to show faster target times.
Resolves occurrences of objects being available for the wrong event type.
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players.
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event.
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids .
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location.
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus.
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback ..
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text.
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience.
Addressed the following issues with the previous patch.
- Multiple general performance improvements across the board, reducing instances of crashes, gameplay stuttering and FPS drops, further optimising general gameplay
- Xbox: Resolved issue causing some players to lose controller vibration/rumble
- PS4: Resolved issues caused by save data created before previous patch, such as progress disappearing upon game restart and crashes when using livery editor
- PS5: Further refinements to the use of DualSense adaptive triggers
- PS4/PS5: V-Sync added
- Fix for crash caused by signing out during a Gymkhana event
- Visual improvements to rain effects on windshield when using interior camera views
- Display fix for rewards screen in post-race menu
- Photo mode: minor fixes and optimisations
- Multiplayer: improvements in kicking players in lobby who do not ready up for an event
- Multiplayer: general improvements to online matchmaking and lobby searches
- The Trophy/Achievement ‘Spare Some Change for Gas?’ will now require players to race for 1,000 miles, instead of 10,000
- Further improvements to online matchmaking and connectivity
- Further performance improvements to splitscreen functionality
- Fixed an issue with Gymkhana events not launching after tutorial
- Fixed an issue causing crashes when switching between video quality settings
- Fix for screen tear instances
- Resolved issue causing a loss of audio when using some audio outputs
- General minor graphical, gameplay and quality of life improvements across the board, including GPU and CPU performance improvements
- Added Ray Tracing improvements.
- Fixed game crashing issues.
- Added AI improvements.
- Addressed issues related to FPS drop.
- Fixed game loading issues.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Download free Dirt 5 update 2.00 for PS4 and Xbox One.