Destiny 2 update 2.28 is available to download on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to the official Destiny 2 2.28 patch notes, the latest update added brings various bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, Destiny 2 version 2.28, also includes general stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with various bug fixes and changes. Unfortunately, since the release, players are facing several issues. Destiny 2 patch 2.28 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Destiny 2 2.28 Patch Notes – August 24, 2021
- Astral Alignment
- Fixed an issue where the Ether Collection encounter could soft lock when all Ether Wisps were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where objects could be removed when players left the activity while carrying them, which would soft lock the activity.
- Vault of Glass
- Fixed an issue where Atheon would sometimes summon an invisible barrier to block Guardians from entering the Vault of Glass.
- Fixed an issue where the “pre-order” text string for 30th Anniversary wrapped and overlapped the title in Japanese, Polish, and Russian.
- Other localization fixes for Japanese and Polish. Russian will be fixed in Hotfix 22.214.171.124.
- Fixed an issue where the description of Top Tree Dawnblade mentioned “Sliding” instead of “Gliding” in German.
- Fixed an issue where some players could not discard Solstice key fragments.
- Players who may have remaining Solstice key fragments can now dismantle the entire stack from their inventory screen.
- Incoming and outgoing Bungie friends toasts no longer play before character selection.
- Fixed an issue where some Roster screens would not consistently indicate when you have blocked a player on your Bungie Friends list.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue preventing players from changing the armor energy type of Lucky Pants.
- Actually changed the cost of Global Reach to three energy.
- Fixed an issue causing the Fire and Ice artifact mod to spawn fewer Wells than intended.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Season 15 Iron Banner armor sets and the new Exotic armor pieces from taking shaders.
- Corrected the insertion cost of the Linear Fusion Rifle Targeting mod in the artifact to be 500 Glimmer like other mods.
- Fixed an issue causing the 2021 Solstice Eververse Hunter arms ornaments to not be visible in the list of ornaments.
- Fixed an issue causing the new Shards of Galanor Exotic armor ornament to improperly display colors.
- Fixed an issue causing Radiant Dance Machines to trigger armor mods and Stasis Fragments more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Fusion Rifle Scavenger artifact mod to use old perks, allowing players to gain Heavy ammo when picking up Special ammo bricks.
- Fixed an issue where Promethium Spur would not spawn additional combination Rifts after the first one.
- Lorentz Driver will no longer apply a navpoint to players in the Crucible that are selected as targets.
- Targeted players will still have the red glow on their biped and will still drop telemetry patterns when killed.
- This change does not affect the targeting behavior for PvE combatants.
- Added Iron Banner perks into the possible trait rolls for Peacebond and Forge’s Pledge.
- Peacebond can now roll Iron Reach.
- Forge’s Pledge can roll Iron Grip.
- Fixed an issue where specific Stasis crystals were dealing an additional instance of detonation damage against players.
- Cross Play voice chat has been enabled
- Some communication privacy settings are still not working as intended for Xbox players
- Xbox players will still hear voice and receive invites from anyone even if privacy settings are set to friends or in-game friends only.
- Xbox players will still be able to hear other Xbox players who are in their fireteam even if that player is on their mute list.
The Witch Queen Pre-Order Incentive
- Fixed an issue where the “Lucidity” Witch Queen pre-order emblem was not showing up in players’ emblem collections.
- It should automatically appear in the collection for all players who have pre-ordered now.
Trials of the Nine weapons will now drop from the Prophecy Dungeon
The Ascendant Ballast Seasonal Challenge now counts acquired Anchors. Already picked up ones may not count so players will have to wait until Week 2 for completion.
Fixed an issue where opening the Armor Synthesis screen with a piece of faction armor equipped to cause the game to crash.
Addressed a bug where in the Astral Alignment activity, there can be an extensive delay between opening the final chest and receiving the activity rewards.
Addressed a bug where the Astral Alignment activity, joining an encounter in progress will block players from completing the encounter.
Download free Destiny 2 version 2.28 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.