Destiny 2 update 1.20 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is now available for download. According to the official Destiny 2 1.20 patch notes, the new brings various gameplay changes and improvements. In addition, Destiny 2 version 1.20 addressed an issue where Shriekers would close too quickly during Warsat public events, thus blocking players’ ability to trigger a Heroic public event.
With the release of 1.2.1, the game developers updating six pieces of Exotic Armor, two for each class, and more in the future. Please note that any mechanical changes are in addition to the already established effects unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Mechanical Changes—Previously, the perk adjusted your melee damage depending on the number of enemies surrounding you. Now it grants a flat bonus to melee and Super damage when you’re surrounded by three or more enemies. The buff is retained for a short duration after you are no longer surrounded.
- Although Synthoceps has gotten a fair bit of love in the Crucible, players are often focused on the increased lunge rate. The outgoing damage bonus was hard to appreciate and plan around with it being so variable in nature. With this change, you will be able to feel the impact more often in all scenarios, particularly in PvE.
- Lion Rampant
- Mechanical Changes—You can hipfire while Lift is active without interrupting it, and your aerial hipfire doesn’t have an aerial accuracy penalty.
- The Lion Rampant was focused around Lift and how it impacts your playstyle and tactics, so we decided to push further in that direction, emphasizing fast moving aerial assault.
- The Dragon’s Shadow
- Mechanical Changes—Dodging reloads all weapons simultaneously. The effects of Wraithmetal Mail now also include a bonus to mobility.
- Although the Dragon’s Shadow does have a small following, we wanted to make it more useful in a general sense under even neutral conditions, while keeping in the theme of a fast-moving ninja.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
- Mechanical Changes—Swapping to a sidearm while critically wounded greatly increases its damage.
- We went for the fantasy of a holdout weapon; the pistol tucked into your sleeve that you pull out in an emergency to save you. These changes should let you turn around a fight more easily.
- Lunafaction Boots
- Mechanical Changes—Rift reload is automatic instead of being activated on entry/exit. Empowering Rift makes weapons more effective at extended ranges.
- Players having to dip in and out of the Rift to reload their weapons was not consistent with other Rift effects, particularly with the overshield effect on Healing Rift. It’s been made automatic to be easier to understand and use. As this is a more offensive choice in terms of Rift Exotics, we also wanted to further reward players who want to double down with Empowering Rift instead of playing it safe with Healing Rift.
- Mechanical Changes—Original effect replaced with: Increases the duration of Solar Grenades. Solar melee kills grant unlimited Solar Grenade energy for a brief time.
- While effective under some circumstances in terms of things like flat damage output with your Solar Grenade, Sunbracers didn’t feel flashy enough for gloves where your hands are perpetually on fire. So, while retaining the original flavor of “The Solar Grenade Exotic Armor,” we’ve scaled up the potential output significantly to give the player a strong taste of power on a more frequent basis.
Destiny 2 Update 1.20 Patch Notes
- Information concerning Faction Rallies will be made available on 5/31 in the “This Week at Bungie” blog article.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
- While you are critically wounded, swapping to a Sidearm increases its damage (2x in PvE, 1.33x in PvP).
- The Dragon’s Shadow
- Dodge reloads all weapons simultaneously.
- Dodging now also grants +5 mobility for the duration of Wraithmetal Mail, in addition to its previous benefits.
- Added a UI indicator for the Wraithmetal Mail buff.
- Lion Rampant
- Hipfiring no longer interrupts Lift. Increased hipfire accuracy while airborne.
- Now grants a flat melee damage bonus for 8 seconds when you are surrounded by three or more enemies (3x in PvE, 2x in PvP).
- This buff also increases Super damage while active (+50%).
- Lunafaction Boots
- Now allows your Rift to continuously reload weapons while you or allies stand in it.
- Empowering Rift grants a boost to weapon range and aim assist.
- Solar melee kills now grant unlimited Solar grenade energy for a short duration.
- Shining Sphere
- Replaced Pulse Monitor perk with Quickdraw.
- Skyburner’s Oath
- Fixed an issue that caused this weapon’s sound effects to play too quietly while you are aiming down sights.
- SUROS Regime
- Fixed an issue where players could not reload while ADS.
- Trench Barrel
- Fixed a bug that allowed this perk to activate after making melee attacks on friendly targets.
- MIDA Multi-Tool
- The Masterwork catalyst can now be obtained by the most determined competitors in the Crucible.
- Crucible Labs
- Crucible Labs will allow Guardians to play experimental Crucible content.
- Crucible Labs will become available at a later date. Stay tuned to @Bungie on Twitter for announcements.
- The Crucible Labs playlist will be active periodically for feedback.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose Rank Points for leaving a match too soon after the match ends.
- Fixed a memory issue that was causing PC players running at low texture quality to frequently hit BEET or KALE errors while loading into 6v6 Iron Banner.
- Fixed the space flights of 3+ minutes players experienced while loading into 6v6 Iron Banner that were caused when they hit BEET and KALE errors.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from triggering the Heroic “Warsat Down” public event when Shriekers would close too quickly.
- Removed “Exodus Crash” from Heroic Strike Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where players could join in-progress and become stuck behind a door in the strike “Exodus Crash.”
- Fixed an issue where Heroic strike milestones and quests was not progressing due to Vanguard Boons.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck joining allies repeatedly in the strike “Lake of Shadows.”
- Added a score modifier display on the item detail screen for Nightfall Challenge Cards.
- Heroic strikes will now award Escalation Protocol Key Fragments.
- Heroic strikes now have a chance (~25%) to award powerful engrams of up to 360 Power.
- Fixed an issue where launching a one-use Super just as you catch the “Spire of Stars” relic would not consume Super energy.
- Changed the “Spire of Stars” relic’s time-out splash damage to allow damage to targets.
- The raid vendor will now have a unique performance after you have completed “Spire of Stars.”
- Fixed an issue where Calus’s shield had greater health than intended.
- Updated the Guided Game tooltip to correctly reflect the required Power level to launch.
- Robes of Sekris (Warlock raid chest armor) will now display hanging cloth correctly.
- The cost of “Spire of Stars” rewards from Benedict 99-40 has been increased to 50 tokens.
- Benedict 99-40’s reputation engram will no longer grant weapons.
- Fixed an issue where some enemies were granting higher-than-intended XP from the mission “Pilgrimage.”
- Fixed an issue where players would see a permanent waypoint over Tess when they had a Prismatic Facet in their character inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Prismatic Matrix icon did not have an indicator when new items were available.
- Fixed an issue where the Prismatic Matrix icon was not highlighted when players had a Prismatic Facet in their character inventory.
- The Clan XP Milestone now properly grants powerful rewards when it is turned in.
- A few players would receive a Clan Banner very frequently. This should be fixed, and now players can discard any Clan Banners at the Postmaster.
- Resolved an issue where some players who owned the “Salute” emote were unable to equip it.
- The “Awaken the Warmind” emote no longer displays after the emote has been interrupted.
- Flavortext now appears on the emote preview.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose Glory Rank Points for leaving a match too soon after the match ends
- Destiny 2 version 1.20 fixed an issue where the Clan XP Milestone was not granting a powerful reward
- Fixed an issue where Vanguard Boons would block progression of strike-specific quest steps and milestones
- Destiny update 1.20 fixed an issue where Shriekers would close too quickly during Warsat public events, thus blocking players’ ability to trigger a Heroic public event
- Fixed an issue where Calus’s shields required too much damage to break after Destiny Update 1.2.0
- Destiny 2 1.20 update fixed an issue where players would experience long load times for Iron Banner matches on PC
Check your game update and download the latest Destiny 2 update 1.20.