Destiny 2 update 1.28 is now rolling out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. According to the official Destiny 2 1.28 patch notes, the new update comes with fixes for issues related stuttering, framerate drop, lag, client bugs, crashing, and UI bugs. The Destiny 2: Forsaken Refer-a-Friend program is now available. Veteran players may begin to refer new players to Forsaken, via a link on Bungie.net, and embark on the Refer-a-Friend quest. The quest gives you ample time to get your friend up to speed on everything Destiny 2, from perk sets to raid loadouts. Apart from this, Destiny 2 version 1.28 also contains stability and performance improvements.
Previously Bungie released an update with various fixes and changes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Destiny 2 version 1.28 update is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Destiny 2 update 1.28 patch notes
- Increased Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increased damage against Taken and invaders
- Increased base Wish-Ender damage
- Fixed an issue where Wish-Ender’s Broadhead perk would not activate properly, which would result in a loss of damage
- Wish-Ender’s Queen’s Wrath perk effects are now more readable and consistent
- Trace Rifles
- Now spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Now benefit from the following armor perks:
- Auto Rifle Loader
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim
- Auto Rifle Targeting
- Precision Weapon Targeting
- Auto Rifle Dexterity
- Destiny 2 update 1.28 increased Sword damage in PvE
- Increased Fusion Rifle damage in PvE
- Proximity Grenades now have a stat penalty to blast radius
- Reduced the amount by which Full Choke narrows projectile spread
- Changed the Dynamo and Distribution perks
- Players will need to activate your class ability in proximity to at least one enemy to gain the benefit
- Increased the energy gain by 20% to compensate slightly for the new requirement
- Fixed an issue where Dynamo’s effect was not scaling based on the player’s class type; the Distribution perk had this, but it was unintentionally left out of Dynamo
- Destiny 2 update 1.28 increased visibility through a Titan’s Banner Shield for allies
- The White Nail perk should no longer occasionally activate before the player achieves the required number of precision hits
- Fixed an issue where the SUROS Regime scope was opaque yellow
- Fixed an issue where Polaris Lance’s The Perfect Fifth perk was not triggering
- Destiny 2 1.28 fixed an issue where Vex Cyclopes weren’t attacking players
- Fixed an issue where Hive Knights and Taken Vandals were not using special abilities
- Decreased attacker respawn time from 7 seconds to 5 seconds after the Breaker is deployed
- Modified the game rules to prevent teams from forcing the round into a stalemate:
- In the initial fight over the Breaker, the team with the most capture progress (high-water mark) will win the Breaker if time runs out without any Breaker progress present. There will still be overtime if time runs out with progress present, and the Breaker will go to the team with current progress at the end of 30 seconds, or to the high-water mark if progress reaches zero with no players on the Breaker.
- While a team is hacking the other team’s Vault, progress decay accelerates gradually during Sudden Death for up to 30 seconds, after which the round will end the moment no attackers are present in the capture zone.
- If the round ends in a draw twice, the match ends in a tie.
- Neither team will get Glory points from this scenario.
- Win Streaks are maintained.
- Sleeper Simulant now gains less ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 2, down from 4)
- Swords now gain more ammo from Heavy ammo crates on the wall in Gambit (now 12, up from 6)
- Destiny 2 1.28 fixed an issue where sometimes one team’s invasion portal would not open
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the wrong team would be credited for defeating the Ascendant Primeval
- Increased the spawn rate of the Ascendant Primeval Servitor
- The Gambit ship and Sparrow are no longer guaranteed drops
- Quitter protection
- Fixed an issue where matchmaking would sometimes result in players being kicked from Gambit matches, thus triggering quitter penalties
- Quitter penalties have been reenabled
- Players will now receive two warnings before they are suspended from Gambit
- Players will not be immediately suspended on the first match of the day if they quit a match the night before
- Increased suspension time to 30 minutes
- Destiny 2 version 1.28 fixed an issue where players could play the strike “The Corrupted” with a six-player fireteam
Items and Economy
Exotic Duplicate Weighting
- When a player receives an Exotic, we now take into account all Exotics the player has found and weight them against Exotics they have yet to acquire. This lowers the player’s chances of receiving Exotics they already own.
- Exotics that the player does not yet own are individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, the player is more likely to earn armor pieces as these have randomly rolled perks
- Removed quest Exotic weapons from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Worldline Zero
- Ace of Spades
- One Thousand Voices
- Lord of Wolves
- The Chaperone
- Renamed Masterwork Cores to Enhancement Cores
- Enhancement Cores are now awarded by Scrapper bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Banshee-44 now accepts up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Destiny 2 1.28 removed hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increased the stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Destiny 2 update 1.28 reduced shader dismantle time from 1 second to 0.25 seconds
- Fixed an issue where the Secret Victories emblem was using the wrong tracker description
- It now correctly displays as “Ascendant chests looted”
- The requirements for the Queen’s Bounty “Purification Ritual” have been clarified and now list the target as “Abyssal Champions” instead of “Swordbearing Knights”
- Raid challenge bounties now rotate in a fixed, round-robin fashion
- Nightfall unique rewards will drop more consistently; the longer players go without a unique drop, the higher their chances of a unique reward on their next Nightfall completion
- The chance resets once a player receives any Nightfall unique reward
Bug Fixes in Destiny 2 Update 1.28
- Text chat auto-fade can now be toggled on or off in the Gameplay settings menu; when turned off, text chat will never automatically fade out, even after a period of inactivity
- Added fixes for stuttering and framerate drop issues.
- Destiny 2 1.28 added fixes for crashing and freezing issues.
- Added performance and stability performance.
- Added minor UI changes with Destiny 2 version 1.28.
- Other minor changes.
Destiny 2 update 1.28 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.