Dead by Daylight update 2.29 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download. According to the official Dead by Daylight 2.29 patch notes, the latest update added a new Killer – The Cenobite (Hellraiser), a large text setting, and more. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight version 2.29 also includes stability fixes.
Since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight version 2.29 will address a few of these issues.
Read the full details below.
DBD update 2.29 Patch Notes
- Added a new Killer – The Cenobite.
- Match Results – When players leave a Trial with a Limited Item (Example: The Nemesis’s Vaccine) they will now be notified that they do not get to keep it. It has been consumed by The Entity.
- Large Text Settings – The players can enable this option to enlarge all texts in the HUD, increasing readability.
- Skill Based Matchmaking will be enabled separately on September 8th at 11:00AM EDT.
- Visual Update of the Pallet
The Nemesis Update
- Movement speed while charging Tentacle Strike Tier 3 increased to 4.0m/s (was 3.8m/s).
- Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge effect duration increased to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge effect duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds, but was erroneously displayed as 12 seconds).
- Ritual of The Nemesis reduced to reaching maximum Mutation Rate one time (was 4).
Dev note: The Nemesis came out in a good state, but has been underperforming slightly in higher skill brackets. These players tend to hit Mutation Rate 3 more often, so a buff here should give him a slight boost at that level of play. Additionally, we have buffed two addons that were underperforming to make them more viable, and made the associated ritual less of a pain to complete.
- Various bug fixes and improvements to address performance issues on the Family Residence, Sanctum of Wrath and Midwich Elementary School.
- Blood Lodge, Dead Dawg Saloon and The Game maps are re-enabled.
- Updated a variety of survivors hair and facial hair cosmetics.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Executioner’s rear to be too flat when having “The Corrupted” outfit equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused a specific hook blocking navigation when a Survivor is hooked on it in Hospital map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to body block the basement when standing at the door frame in the main building of the Blood Lodge.
- Fixed an issue that caused Meg “Jewel of the party” very rare outfit multiple clipping with her body.
- Fixed an issue that caused Meg “Jewel of the party” very rare outfit skirt misshapen when performing various action.
Fixed an issue that caused female survivors to be missing an animation when stepping on a bear trap with the Calm Spirit perk equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to perform the falling animation when walking down some stairs in the Raccoon City Police Station map.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to float and fall to the ground when cleansing some totems.
- Fixed an issue that caused the durability bar of toolboxes to appear red when sabotaging a hook.
- Fixed an issue that caused the walking animation of the Nemesis to be missing when in spectator mode in a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Victor to be able to pounce on survivors while Dead Hard is being used.
Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to remain stuck in a window when downed by the Trickster’s knives while vaulting. The patch also fixed an issue that caused the Doctor’s Shock Therapy and Static Blasts not to negate the Oblivious effect.
- Fixed an issue that caused the sound notification for the Tinkerer perk to be too low.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Coup de Grace perk icon to remain lit until all generators are done instead of until all tokens are used.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hook count and the generator count to overlap each other when spectating a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pause menu to open and close constantly when holding the Escape key during a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused player names with a # symbol to get truncated in the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that caused save file problem.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to receive an incorrect benevolent emblem.
DBD update 2.27 Patch Notes
- Increased time before Laceration decay to 15s (was 10s)
- Increased maximum throw speed bonus to 30% (was 25%)
- Addressed a bug that caused clipping between two shelves in one of the preschool’s classrooms in Springwood map
- Addressed a bug that caused a generator in Lery’s memorial Institute not being able to repaired from one side
Fixed an issue where the killer and survivor are able to get on top of a coal wagon using a rock and a pallet in the Suffocation Pit map
- Fixed an issue where there was an invisible collision near the hill close to the main building in Ormond map
- Fixed an issue where the killers can completely block access to one of Gideon’s hook
- Fixed an issue with the EULA screen Layout
- Addressed a bug that prevent EULA from being displayed in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue with the Spectate mode where the power gauge of some Killers were hidden
- Fixed an issue with the tooltip for cosmetics overlapping with other buttons
- Fixed an issue with some Tutorial Hud elements still visible in a regular Trial
- Fixed an issue with wrong icons displayed in the Hud for a very short time
- Fixed an issue where the Killers’ projectiles can pass through one side of the bed covers in Treatment Theatre
- Addressed a bug that caused the Blight’s Lethal Rush ability to consume Play with Your Food tokens.
Addressed a bug that may cause the Blight to be unable to move during the recovery animation after performing an attack at the end of a Lethal Rush.
- Addressed a bug that may cause killers to be unable to use their power if a survivor disconnects during the into camera pan.
- Addressed a bug that may cause killers to use their power instead of grabbing survivors.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Trapper’s Logwood Dye and Tar Bottle add-ons not to darken traps.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Spirit to be able to phase inside of hooked survivors.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Trickster’s blades to hit survivors while they are being unhooked.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Trickster to be able to land multiple hits with one knife when using the Cut Thru U Single and Edge of Revival Album add-ons together. Now each knife can apply at most one hit to each survivor.
- Addressed a bug that may cause position desyncs in the shower tile of the Treatment Theatre map.
Addressed a bug that caused the hit marker VFX to stay on the Trickster’s knife after hitting a survivor with the Cut Thru U Single add-on equipped.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Demogorgon not to animate during part of the exit portal animation.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Counterforce perk to still show totem auras while affected by the Blindness effect.
- Addressed a bug that caused the camera not to follow female survivors when being sacrificed on a hook.
- Addressed a bug that caused some effects to be missing when female survivors are sacrificed on a hook.
- Addressed a bug that caused the camera to remain static during the Shape’s mori.
- Addressed a bug that caused multiple disconnects between legs and torso of Dwight Fairfield.
- Fixed an issue where Laurie Strode’s “October Cardigan” clips through leg customization items
Addressed a bug that caused The Deathslinger’s chest customization ‘Fish Market Overalls’ has the hand bandages floating to the sides when grabbing a survivor
- Addressed a bug that caused Yun-Jin Lee’s leg customization ‘Magnum Opus Denims’ have charms clipping into it
- Addressed a bug that caused The Deathslinger’s left hand to not be visible in first person view for “Fishy Target” outfit.
- Addressed a bug that caused the physics of The Spirit’s “Oceanic Robe” to be too intense or not intense enough.
- Addressed a bug that caused Jane Romero’s head customizations ‘Windswept Wonder’ and ‘Bohemian Wonders’ to have the chokers clipping into her neck
- Fixed an issue about Nea’s Cropped Top torso has clipping issue when used with several legs
- Addressed a bug that caused The Executioner’s rear to be too flat
- Addressed a bug that caused The Nurse’s Lamenting Saw to have the wrong texture and icon
- Addressed a bug that caused Survivors Beard textures appear miscoloured when the game quality setting is set to “Low”
- Addressed a bug that caused the Legacy outfits to be too intense
Addressed a bug that caused The Deathslinger’s weapon cosmetic “Anchored Harpoon” to have a PSI Gauge blocking the Killer’s view when aiming down sight
- Addressed a bug that caused user is returned with a ‘Purchase Failed’ error after attempting to buy Auric Cells on PS5
- Addressed a bug that caused The Deathslinger’s Anchored Harpoon to not be sold with the Fishy Target outfit
- Addressed a bug that caused Auric Cell purchases are failing on Stadia
- Addressed a bug that caused the equip button not to work properly in the Store
Addressed a bug that caused The Nurse’s “The Ashen Lady” outfit to not remove VFX when deselecting the outfit from the customization tab
- Addressed a bug that caused sparks in the Treatment Theatre to be very bright
- Fixed an issue when trying to join a crossplay party with crossplay disabled
- Addressed a bug that caused Survivors to equip an incorrect outfit
- Addressed a bug that caused equipped outfit to not save
Download free Dead by Daylight update 2.29 on PS4 and Xbox One.