Dead by Daylight (DBD) update 1.64 is now available for PlayStation 4 players. According to the official Dead by Daylight 1.64 patch notes, the new update comes with various bug fixes and gameplay improvements. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight version 1.64 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with a new Killer (The Ghost Face) as well as added the ability to rotate characters in the lobby, new menu, lobby music and more. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 1.64 is expected to fix all these issues.
Dead by Daylight (DBD) update 1.64 Patch Notes
- Removed the stun VFX when Killers entered stun state.
- Reduced the camera shake on successful hits.
The Ghost Face:
- Stalk rate add-ons: Telephoto Lens (-0.5 sec to -0.25 sec), Night Vision Monocular (-1.0 sec to -0.75 sec) are slightly reduced.
- Pallet stuns will now break Ghost Face out of stealth. (Bug fix: to make him standard to our other killers; Legion, Plague)
- Marked Survivors may no longer be stalked. (Bug fix: This was a planned change that was omitted in the 2nd PTB patch. We increased the Mark lasting time from 20 sec to 45 sec, but we wanted to remove his ability to keep Stalking a Mark Survivor to balance that change.)
- Killer Instinct base duration slightly increased. (1.5 to 2 sec)
- Killer Instinct add-on (Marked Map 0.5 to 1 sec, Victim’s Detailed Routine 1 sec to 1.5 sec) duration slightly increased.
- Detection area of the screen slightly increased for Survivors attempting to reveal Ghost Face. (Slightly enlarged by 4% on each side of the screen, for a total of 8%) While in a chase, the Killer was harder than expected to break out of his Power, we didn’t want to alter the current timers so we decided to slightly enlarge the Detection Area on screen to help out.)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wake Up! perk to grant 5/10/15% increased action speed to all interactions at all times.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bamboozle perk not to have an activation sound.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Barbecue & Chili, Fire Up, Remember Me and We’re Gonna Live Forever perks to visually only gain up to 3 tokens.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sprint Burst not to always trigger Exhaustion.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spies From The Shadows perk to go on cooldown whenever a Survivor triggered a crow outside of the maximum effect radius.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Play With Your Food perk to gain a token when downing the Obsession.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Legion’s Nasty and Filthy Blade add-ons to increase all interaction times.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Ghost Face add-on Telephoto Lense not to impact the duration of a Survivor staying marked.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor’s illusionary pallets to spawn perfectly straight instead of leaning on an asset like a regular pallet.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause permanent Exhaustion.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Exhaustion status effect to appear on screen without the dial representation.
- Fixed an issue that caused a delayed reset on the users progress bar when failing a skill check.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to stay in the locker in the crawl state when the Deep Wound timer ended.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare and The Huntress’ lullaby to get obstructed by occlusion.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress’ camera to shake on a successful hatchet hit.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivors’ camera to shake when hit by the Killers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killers red stain to be visible on their model in-game.
- Added more logging to investigate the ranking issue.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholder text strings to appear when receiving a Player Pips Error message. We have modified these strings in English. Please note that the other translations will come in a future patch.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Trapper to place traps while falling.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple characters not to have proper idle animations in the Store.
- Fixed an issue that caused escaping Survivors audio to keep playing within the exit threshold.
- Fixed an issue that caused the title to crash for the host when The Plague vomits as the match ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when switching roles in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused an increase of auto-save checks in the Bloodweb.
- Fixed a case that caused multiple issues in the pre-lobby when disconnecting from the Network during the loading screen into a match, and reconnecting right before returning to the pre-lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Anniversary Event audio not to play automatically when launching the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused an audio stinger not to play correctly when being shocked by The Doctor or tiering up in Madness.
- Misc audio improvements.
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Fixed crashing issues with Dead by Daylight (DBD) 1.64.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Other minor under the hood improvements.
Dead by Daylight update 1.64 is now available for download on PlayStation 4.