Dead by Daylight update 1.56 (2.6.0) is now rolling out players on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Dead by Daylight 1.56 patch notes, the new update has added a new a new Killer (The Plague), a new Survivor (Jane Romero), a new map (The Temple of Purgation) and more. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight version 1.56 also includes a long list of bug fixes and gameplay improvements.
Recently, a big update was released which added a new killer – the Legion, a new Survivor – Jeff Johansen, a new map – Ormond and much more. Unfortunately, since this update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 1.56 is expected to fix all these issues.
Dead by Daylight Update 1.56 (2.6.0) Patch Notes (Updated)
NEW KILLER: THE PLAGUE
We are very proud to introduce our “oldest” Killer in the game: The Plague. This High Priestess of Babylon was well known for her wealth, beauty, and devotion. In a time when a dark sickness had resurfaced, she was driven by her blind faith to save her followers… and herself. But nothing could save her. Not even faith.
The Plague’s power: Vile Purge
The Killer launches a stream of vomit a short distance in front of her, which can hit multiple Survivors and environmental objects, causing them to become infected. The Survivor’s infection will grow as they perform certain actions.
The vomit itself, when spread by the Killer on environmental objects, can infect Survivors. An infected Survivor’s only respite can be found in the Pools of Devotion, which become corrupted themselves once they are used, so be careful.
The Killer can see the auras of corrupted Pools of Devotion and can interact with them, which will power up her Vile Purge power with additional devastating effects. However, once the Killer has used a corrupted Pool of Devotion, it takes time for it to revert to its clean state. During that time, it cannot be interacted with.
THE PLAGUE’S PERKS
Corrupt Intervention: Generators located furthest from the Killer are blocked by The Entity for a certain amount of time at the start of the trial. Survivors cannot repair these generators for the duration.
Infectious Fright: The cries of the unfaithful makes the Killer’s heart leap. Any Survivors that are within the Killer’s terror radius while another Survivor is put into the dying state with the basic attack, will yell and reveal their location to The Killer.
Dark Devotion: The display of the power creates a whirlwind of panic that spreads throughout the land. The Killer become obsessed with one survivor. Hitting the obsession with the basic attack causes the obsession to emit terror radius.
NEW SURVIVOR: JANE ROMERO
Jane is a TV co-host. Daughter of a famous actress who was never home, Jane worked hard on establishing a name for herself. Broadcasting her values and personal struggle with abandonment, she was underappreciated in her field of work and reviewed harshly by critics. One evening, after a two-hour TV special on divorce during which she confronted her mother in a live interview, she popped painkillers to numb the pain while driving back home. The falling night, the black ice and the blurry darkness were a bad combination… and Jane never got home.
Solidarity: Sharing painful experiences has the power to heal. While injured, healing a Survivor also heals you.
Poised: Achieving goals boosts the Survivor’s confidence. After completing a generator, the Survivor will not leave scratch marks for a short time.
Head On: While standing in a locker, the perk activates. While activated, performing a rushed action to leave a locker stuns The Killer if they are standing within range. This causes Exhaustion. Head On cannot be used while Exhausted. You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
NEW MAP: TEMPLE OF PURGATION
Once believed to hold the weight of the heavens, this half-forgotten temple complex was dedicated to the cleansing of the High Priestess’s followers.
Stolen from the High Priestess’s memories, the temple is now in the howling Red Forest, whose winds eroded its smooth edges. It stands as a beacon of fear, visible from all cardinal points.
We hope you will enjoy this new Chapter as much as we enjoyed developing and producing it.
In addition to our new Chapter, the Dead by Daylight team recently announced upcoming changes to the Decisive Strike perk. This perk has gone through some minor adjustments to arrive at its current state. We have also prototyped entire reworks of the perk, some of which we previously spoke of with the community.
FEATURED AND CONTENT
- Content – Added a new Killer (The Plague)
- Content – Added a new Survivor (Jane Romero)
- Content – Added a new map for the Red Forest theme (The Temple of Purgation).
- Feature – Added the matchmaking queue time display for both roles. This change follows the backend matchmaking changes (addition of queues) that were recently deployed.
- Feature – Changed the Character Swap controls from L2/R2 to L3/R3
- Feature – Disabled changing the active characters with the Character Swap controls while the player is Ready in a lobby. This was done as an extra check to ensure there are no more accidental character swaps.
- Feature – Integrated an updated version of the Unreal Engine (4.21, from 4.20).
- Feature – Modified the progression display for certain Daily Rituals. Instead of showing the percentage and minutes, we’re now showing the amount and seconds. This is applicable for the following Daily Rituals: Blood Dance, Reconstruction Ritual, Rite of Ruin, Wild Dance, and Hunt Ritual.
- Added / Adjusted audio occlusion for buildings with multiple floors.
- Adjusted the basement occlusion audio balance. This will make sounds coming from the basement to be attenuated or muted in most circumstances.
- Decreased the distance at which you can hear Survivors breathing and grunting while they are hiding in lockers.
- Chaser Scoring: The proximity penalty has been increased. The longer a Killer stays within a close proximity (16m) to a hooked Survivor, the more points they will lose in the Chaser emblem.
- Devout Scoring: The scoring thresholds have been modified. 3 kills now also result in a Silver emblem, whereas 4 kills results in Gold. To earn an Iridescent Devout emblem, you need to perform 9 or more hook events and sacrifice all 4 Survivors.
- Gatekeeper Scoring: The scoring formula has been adjusted completely. Killers earn incremental points based on how few generators have been completed, each minute for the first nine minutes of the match – regardless of how long the match takes. At the end of the match, the Killer also gains bonus points based on how few generators have been completed.
- Added a new scoring event for perk-based stun events (Decisive Strike/Head On) worth 500 bloodpoints. This is referred to as Killer Stun in game.
- Reduced the time before a player can heal a player who has recently moved, this should allow for players to start healing a recently canceled heal quicker than before.
- Survivors entering lockers now have the Blindness Status Effect applied to them.
- The intensity of the Terror Radius is now scaled based on the vertical distance (in addition to the horizontal distance).
Killer perk changes:
- Barbecue and Chili: Auras are revealed from 40 meters for all tiers of the perk instead of 52/46/40 meters.
- Deerstalker: Increased the aura reading from 16/24/36 meters to 20/28/36 meters.
- Distressing: All tiers award 100% bonus bloodpoints.
- Fire Up: Each tier grants a stackable 3/3.5/4% action speed bonus.
- Hex: Devour Hope: The perk grants 3/4/5% speed boost with 2 tokens, Exposed status applied at 3 tokens, and Kills are available at 5 tokens.
- Hex: Ruin: All tiers affect all Survivors and apply a penalty of 3/4/5% regression on a good skill checks.
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt: All tiers grant 10% bonus Hunting bloodpoints per remaining totem. Cleansing speeds are the same.
- Iron Grasp: The effects of Survivor struggling is reduced by 75% for all tiers. The amount of time for Survivors to struggle does not change (4/8/12% respectively).
- Monitor and Abuse: The FOV values are 3/5/10 instead of slightly/ moderately/ considerably increased. Also simplified the Terror Radius value so that each tier modifies the Terror Radius by the same value, 8 meters instead of 6/7/8.
- Spies From The Shadows: Added a 5 second cooldown when the perk triggers. Reduced the trigger range from 32/40/48 meters to 20/28/36 meters.
- Thanatophobia: Tier values are incremented at a rate of 3/3.5/4% up to a maximum of 12/14/16%.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.56 added a minimum distance of 48m between chest objects.
- Added a new line of sight check for totem spawn points within 32m from a survivor spawn point.
- Added door frames in The Game map.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 added new tiles to the Red Forest maps.
- Distances between spawnable objects(generators, hooks, pallets etc) are now scaled based on a vertical factor(in addition to the baseline horizontal distance).
- Increased the minimum number of pallets to 8 (global).
- Minimum distance between pallets was reduced for the Shelter Woods map.
- Procedural system changes:
- Some gameplay object placement changes in the Foundry building of the Ironworks of Misery map.
- Some gameplay object placement changes on the Water Tower landmark tile in The MacMillan Estate maps.
Pipping Thresholds: We have made some changes to the Emblem system that will affect the difficulty in which players rank up and subsequently maintain their rank. The rank groups (colors) now come with their own pipping requirements. The thresholds increase through each rank group up to the red ranks making it more difficult to pip / double pip, and easier to lose a pip. See below:
- Rank 17-20 (BEIGE): 0-8 points = 0 pips; 9-13 points = +1 pip; 14-16 points = +2 pips.
- Rank 13-16 (YELLOW): 0-5 points = -1 pip; 6-9 points = 0 pips; 10-13 points = +1 pip; 14-16 points = +2 pips.
- Rank 9-12 (GREEN): 0-6 points = -1 pip; 7-10 points = 0 pips; 11-14 points = +1 pip; 15-16 points = +2 pips.
- Rank 5-8 (PURPLE): 0-7 points = -1 pip; 8-11 points = 0 pips; 12-14 points = +1 pip; 15-16 points = +2 pips.
- Rank 1-4 (RED): 0-8 points = -1 pip; 9-12 points = 0 pips; 13-15 points = +1 pip; 16 points = +2 pips.
Survivor perk changes:
- Decisive Strike: After being unhooked by another player or yourself, Decisive Strike becomes active for 60 seconds. If you are grabbed by the Killer while the perk is active, succeeding a skill check to cause an automatic escape and stun the Killer for 3 seconds. Succeeding or failing the skill check will disable the perk for the rest of the trial. Succeeding the skill check (and thus stunning the Killer) will result in you becoming the Obsession.
- Empathy: Empathy now works within a range of 64m/96m/128m for tiers 1/2/3 respectively.
- Kindred: All Survivor’s auras are shown at all tiers. If the Killer is within a 8/12/16 meter range of the hooked Survivor, their aura is revealed to all other Survivors.
- Lithe: Removed the chase condition. Lithe now only triggers on rushed vaults.
- Pharmacy: All tiers have a reduced audible distance of 8 meters.
- Technician: All tiers are set to 8 meters reduced audio range of the survivor repairing instead of 0/ 4/-8 meters.
- Wake Up: All tiers reveal auras at 128 meters.
- We’ll Make It: Increased all tiers to 100% healing speed instead of 70/80/100%.
Audio & Localization:
- Fixed an issue that caused the Halloween® music to play too loud during the camera intro when loading into Lampkin Lane.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.56 fixed an issue that caused the Huntress to have the charging hatchet audio cue when reloading hatchets in a locker.
- Fixed an issue that caused the chase music to change while under the effects of the Clown’s gas bottles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the node purchasing audio to loop if swapping characters while purchasing a node in the Bloodweb.
- Fixed the rain audio while inside in the Red Forest maps.
- Major localization and translation improvements. Among these improvements included fixing the proper Spanish translations for the Leader, Technician and Distortion perk descriptions, that were erroneously displaying the Lunar Event objective text, then reverted to out of date texts in patch 2.5.3.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.56 fixed an issue that caused Play With Your Food tokens to be consumed when The Clown throws a gas bottle.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Clown’s bottle to disappear at the end of his Reload animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor not to see the illusionary pallet auras when using the “Order” add-ons.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that caused The Hag’s Phantasm not to display her model when triggered.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag’s Phantasms not to have a terror radius when the traps were triggered.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress’ animation to stutter when throwing a hatchet.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress’ hatchet cancel animation to be almost instant.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.56 fixed an issue that caused The Legion to snap into position when vaulting a pallet.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare’s leg to be misaligned during the pallet break and generator damage animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape’s Vanity Mirror and Scratched Mirror add-ons to grant the incorrect amount of points on the first 2 hits. The points are now 300 per attack, and with the bonuses are 450 & 600 respectively.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Trapper’s Honing Stone debuff icon to remain active in the HUD if rescued from a trap by another Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Trapper’s Logwood Dye and Tar Bottle add-ons not to darken traps from Survivor point of view.
- Adjusted the Scratch Mark material and texture to be seen more clearly in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Adjusted the collision on certain rock assets that allowed the Legions camera to clip inside of them in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to shimmy up collision on the rocks on the hill, allowing them to old the game hostage.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Huntress to throw her hatchets through multiple car assets in the Autohaven Wrecker’s maps.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Huntress to throw her hatchets through the storage bins in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Nurse to blink out of world through the top and bottom floor walls on a specific corner tile in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a snow pile and a tree in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision on one of the corners of the Resort building in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision on the staircases in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused bear traps to sink below the ground in and around the two-story house in the Badham Preschool map.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that caused bear traps to sink below the ground in the Blood Lodge map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blood decals in the house basements to disappear at certain angles in Lampkin Lane.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong hook to spawn when the basement was not spawned in the preschool in the Badham Preschool map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck when going down a hole with a pig’s head in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rocks on the hill assets to have the wrong texture in various maps.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that made it difficult for the Nurse to blink around, on and through the Ferry Boat in The Pale Rose map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rush vault a specific window in one of the small houses in Lampkin Lane.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to use a key when the hatch spawned the wrong way on the Garden tile in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to use a key when the hatch spawned the wrong way on the Lookout tile in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.56 fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck in a specific corner of a maze tile in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck in a specific hill collision in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed the hex totem procedural spawn in various maps.
- Fixed the textures on the hills in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Misc LOD fixes.
- Optimized the lighting in the Mount Ormond Resort map that was causing low framerate.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to go out of world and hold the game hostage when wiggling free or being dropped by the Killer at the exit threshold.
- Fixed an issue that caused Meg in the Killer Tutorial not to run away.
- Fixed an issue that caused owned characters and cosmetics to become unavailable after purchasing Auric Cells (which was fixed by relaunching the game).
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be stuck in place if another survivor was healing them and got disconnected from the network.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that caused the Deep Wound on screen blood splatters to disappear when the bleed out bar ran out while Mending.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Safe Hook Rescue score event to trigger regardless of the state of the unhooked survivor, which in turn caused improper Benevolent Emblem rewards.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap disarm animation to have missing frames.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that could cause female Survivors to temporarily lose their running animation after pulling down a pallet.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to track progress on The Savior Ritual when the exit gates were powered but not opened.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to exceed the maximum amount of points for the Devout Emblem.
- Misc cosmetic clipping and improvements.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause a client to see a Hex Totem as a Dull Totem.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck in trees.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Shock Therapy trophy not to unlock when meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that caused Bitter Murmur not to show all Survivors’ auras when the last generator was repaired, and for less than 5/7/10 seconds respectively.
- Fixed an issue that caused Blood Warden to show Survivors’ auras when outside of the exit gate, and before the requirements were met.
- Dead by Daylight 1.56 fixed an issue that caused Calm Spirit to continue to alert crows. Do note this is still applicable for the crow bomb in the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused interaction progress to regress when being interrupted from the action and failing the Decisive Strike skill check.
UI & HUD:
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to switch characters and create a lobby simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue that caused Events customization tooltips to be cut-off if the item is in the center of the row of the characters catalog page in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused a placeholder medkit item to temporarily appears in the 2nd item slot when picking up a survivor as the killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain Killer cosmetic category tooltips to be incorrect in the catalog section of the Store.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.56 fixed an issue that caused certain Killer cosmetic icons to appear in the wrong order in the catalog section of the Store.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer Loadout to become visible on the tally screen if a Survivor pulled their Ethernet cable on the tally screen after dying/escaping.
- Misc UI improvements.
- Fixed issue with textures.
- Fixed low framerate issues.
- Fixed crashing issues with Dead by Daylight 1.56.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.56 added performance and stability improvements.
- Added other minor under the hood improvements with Dead by Daylight patch 1.56.
Dead by Daylight update 1.56 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.