DBD update 1.68 (3.1.1) is now rolling out for PlayStation 4 players. According to the official DBD 1.68 patch notes, the new update brings various UI adjustments, a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight update 1.68 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with gameplay changes, Badham Preschool map changes, Bloodpoint balancing, Killer score events, Survivor perk changes and more. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 1.68 is expected to fix all these issues.
DBD update 1.68 Patch Notes for (PS4 & Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare’s action prompts to overlap by adding support for displaying prompts on multiples rows in the HUD to prevent current and future overlaps.
- Slightly reduced the display size of item and offering icons to allow for more space in the HUD.
- Updated The Huntress’ Cold Wasteland Survivor outfit icons to properly reflect the texture color adjustment which was introduced in 3.1.0.
Bug Fixes in Dead by Daylight update 1.68
- Dead by Daylight update 1.68 added more logging to help better help understand the issue that prevents Survivors from successfully escaping through the exits.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nightmare to place multiple Dream Snares at the same place.
- Fixed an issue that caused Head On to deactivate on the perk owner if another Survivor exited a locker.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rite of The Ghost Face daily ritual to gain progress when stalking without leaning.
- Dead by Daylight 1.68 fixed an issue that caused Survivors bodies to block auras.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors models to be visible in front of a bubble indicator (hooked, madness, etc).
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors not to visually grab to alarm clock during the escape dream animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be able to see location indicators from Killer perks and powers.
- DBD update 1.68 fixed an issue that caused a loud noise notification to appear above the Madness bubble indicator when passively tiering up madness levels.
- Fixed an issue that caused a specific crate asset around maze walls to disappear at a certain distance in the MacMillan Estate maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a telephone pole and a cement block in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused location indicators from screams not to give an off-screen indicator.
- Fixed an issue that caused permanent heavy bleeding when healing after the Wraith performed a Surprise attack using the Sloppy Butcher perk and the “Blind Warrior” – White add-on.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.68 fixed an issue that caused some Killers not to smoothly vault from the front window of one of the houses in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused some fences in the Badham Preschool maps to have an invisible collision above them, blocking Killer projectiles.
- Fixed an issue that caused some fences to be missing in front or in the back of various houses in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sloppy Butcher perk to affect the Snap Out Of It action.
- Dead by Daylight 1.68 fixed an issue that caused the hatch to spawn inside the ground on a specific tile in the Coal Tower map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the tire stacks on the crane tile to disappear from a distance in the Autohaven Wrecker’s maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to become momentarily stuck in place when canceling cleansing a specific totem in front of recycling bins in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem between a pile of tires and a bush in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Slightly adjusted the some totem placements that caused the interaction prompts not to always appear from all angles in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused post-game bonus Bloodpoints not to visually appear on the score board.
- The Pig: The movement speed curves for crouching and uncrouching have been adjusted to transition between normal speed and crouched speed more smoothly. The overall average speed while performing these interactions has been slightly increased. *Note: This change was introduced in 3.1.0 but was originally omitted from the patch notes
- Added misc UI improvements.
- Added matchmaking improvements.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.68 fixed crashing issues.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Other minor under the hood improvements.
DBD update 1.68 is now available for download on PlayStation 4.