Dayz update 1.28 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for players. According to the official Dayz 1.28 patch notes, the latest update added quality of life improvements to the game. Apart from this, Dayz patch 1.28 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, a big update was released which added new features like Sporter 22 and its attachments, Lighter, Frying Pan, and much more.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Dayz version 1.28 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
What is new and fixed in Dayz Update 1.28?
- Fixed a game crash related to the cached ammunition information.
- Infected were able to walk through doors at certain locations.
- Wrong values in 7.62×54 and .308 ammunition configuration.
- Wrong shock fall off settings for 7.62×39 ammunition.
- A string was not properly translated for one connection error message (STR_ve_m_rogue_pbo1).
- Minor configuration errors within CE setups.
- The Witch Hood could not be repaired.
- The Witch Hat could not be repaired.
- The Witch Hat did not change its texture when damaged.
- The Crooked Nose did not change its texture when damaged.
- The Cauldron did not change its texture when damaged.
- Tents inventories were accessible from outside.
- Heavy hit and immediate fall into unconscious caused iron sights offset, requiring a restart of the game.
- Temporarily disabled the Eggsperimental Capsule.
- Reduced effective range and damage of 7.62×54 and .308 ammunition.
- Increased the audible range of assault rifles to 2.5 km.
- Increased the audible range of sniper rifles to 3.5 km.
- increased the audibility of pistol shots up to 800 meters.
- Increased the audibility of SMG and shotgun shots up to 1.4 km
- Tweaked weapon sound curves.
- Reduced the damage to tools when building/repairing/dismantling base building objects.
- Increased protection of plate carrier vest against the incoming shock and health damage.
- Fixed: The Eggsperimental Capsule was set to spawn on Community servers.
- Fixed: Server log messages displaying information that should only be displayed on client.
- Fixed: Server log kick messages having string tags instead of the actual message.
- Fixed: Server log kick messages having new lines (they are replaced with spaces now).
The following changes were added with the previous patch.
- Added: The damage state of the Fence / Watchtower parts is now visible in the hud (the dot next to the targets name)
- Fixed: Containers with liquid did not have their correct weight after filling
- Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes
- Tweaked: Lowered intensity of sun shafts
- Fixed game crashing issues.
- Matchmaking improvements added.
- Network connection enhancements.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Other minor fixes.
- The damaged states will not be displayed on the fences and watchtowers
Download free Dayz patch 1.28 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.