Dawn of Man update 1.6 (July 27, 2020) is now available for PC players. According to the official Dawn of Man patch notes, the latest patch added quality of life improvements. Apart from this, there is also stability and performance improvements.
Recently, a major update was released with various gameplay changes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Dawn of Man update is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Dawn of Man Update 1.6 Patch Notes (July 27, 2020)
NEW RESOURCE: LEATHER ARMOR
- Made from leather, offers reasonable protection, available from the Bronze Age.
NEW RESOURCE: MAIL ARMOR
- Made from iron rings, offers very good protection, available in the Iron Age.
NEW STRUCTURE: ARMORER
- Structure that produces Leather and Mail Armor, we’ve also moved the shield manufacturing here, which was in the Workshop previously.
- New techs Armor, Mail and Reinforced Shields, required for Leather Armor, Mail Armor and Oval Shields.
- It is now possible to edit the position at which people gather behind the gates when the alert is on.
- Gates can now be build in 8 directions allowing for more organic wall designs.
- You can now build walls, watchtowers and platforms in shallow water, and in steeper slopes.
- In the Bronze and Iron Ages, raiders don’t immediately acquire all techs in the era, but they do it progressively with each attack wave.
- There is now an option in the defense panel to customize the amount of men and women that will use melee weapons in combat.
- People will now upgrade their weapons from slings to bows if available.
- Weapons that raiders drop when dead now have random condition instead of 100%.
- Added some old raiders, and slightly increased the proportion of males that come to attack.
- Clothing now decays when absorbing combat damage, the damage that is saved is instead taken by the clothing.
- Stamina decay rate is now cut in half when the alert is on. This affects all humans, including raiders.
- Slings can now be sold for their full value up to the Neolithic only (down from the Copper Age).
- Making sure that people don’t run to another gate after all raiders are dead.
- Animals that have been butchered, even only partially, now decay a lot faster.
- Most defensive structures, like walls, gates and towers are now a bit more resistant.
NEW ADULT PERCENTAGE RESOURCE LIMITS
- It is now possible to set a resource limit to a percentage of the adults in the settlement.
- This is now the default for tools, shields and armor, as children can not use them.
- Improved tooltips for all resource limits, to make everything more clear.
- Added 20% and 33% resource limits.
IMPROVED HUNTING RESOURCE LIMITS
- Butchering tasks for hunted or slaughtered animals will now only get auto-generated if any of Meat, Bone or Raw Skins are under the limits.
- In auto generated butchering tasks (after hunting or slaughtering), people will not extract resources that are over the limits.
- Meat limit is now set to 100 by default (it was 30 before).
- Raw Skins limit is now set to 40 by default (it was 10 before).
- Bones limit is now set to 20 by default (it was 10 before).
- These changes do not affect manual butcher tasks (created by right clicking or using the context actions), these always extract all resources from the animal.
IMPROVED COMBAT BEHAVIOUR
- When a person is given a direct command to move somewhere (by right clicking on the ground), they will stay there and:
- They won’t go to their usual combat positions. This is useful when the enemies are attacking if you want to station a bunch of people somewhere instead of in the default positions.
- They won’t wander around town.
- For a while, they won’t go and get any weapons or armor.
- For a while, they won’t go to rest.
- For a while, they won’t get assigned any tasks.
- For a while, they won’t go store any resources.
- The idea behind these changes is that you get more control over what people do, but eventually they will do what they need to do to survive.
- Humans will retry with higher accuracy if they can’t find a suitable path to the destination.
- Beings prefer to walk on even terrain.
- Beings try harder to cross by a nearby ford instead of swimming.
- New loading screen for the Ancient Warriors scenario.
- Ancient Warriors tech cost has now been slightly reduced.
- Slightly increased population limit.
- Domestic Animals will now prefer to wander around stables.
- People now prefer to wear outfits that are in better condition.
- Workload calculations now count kids as half an adult.
- You can now select a loaded person and right click on a storage structure to tell them to unload there.
- Added Elasmotherium, Hyena, long haired woman and old man to intro screen.
- Carts, Sledges and Plows can now be built by two people simultaneously.