Counter Strike 2 (CS2) update is rolling out on PC. According to the official CS2 update patch notes, the latest update brings gameplay changes and fixes. Additionally, today’s CS2 patch also includes various improvements.
Previously, a major CS2 update added various quality of life changes and fixes. Unfortunately, players are still facing several issues while playing the game. Today’s CS2 patch will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Related: CS2 Servers are down. Check CSGO Server Status here.
CS2 Update Patch Notes – October 18, 2023
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Command aliases now leverage subtick accuracy
[ SOUND ]
- New sound for final 10 seconds of bomb beeping
- Added missing KSK agent voice
- Reduced falloff distance of knife impact and swish sounds
- Various tweaks and bug fixes around occlusion filters and footstep clarity
[ MISC ]
- Fixed missing gamestate integration data regarding flashbangs and damage stats
- Fixed a bug where a defused bomb would block the player from swapping to a gun dropped close by
- Fixed some cases where players could peek through ceilings
- Convar cl_draw_only_deathnotices now blocks match status alerts such as LAST ROUND OF FIRST HALF.
- Added a game server command sv_load_forced_client_names_file. Running tournament servers with +sv_load_forced_client_names_file namesfile.txt allows loading a key-values file where client names are enforced to be the tournament registered player names.
- Added an additional fallback path for game clients to download network configuration.
- Added a game setting cq_netgraph_problem_show_auto that allows players to enable automatic display of network connection issues in top right corner of game HUD.
Download CS2 update Patch on PC(Steam).