Crossout update 1.61 released for PS4 players. According to the official Crossout 1.61 patch notes, the new update added a new map (Sandy gulf), additional story campaign “Contagion” and more. In addition, the latest Crossout version 1.61 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big Snowstorm update was released with “Christmas Heist” event and a big list of bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Crossout patch 1.61 is expected to fix all these issues. Check out more details below.
Crossout Update 1.61 for PS4 patch notes
New map “Sandy gulf”
The map is an open area, with its main advantage being good visibility from any point, which will allow you to quickly get the required tactical information. There is a number of sniper positions for ranged combat, and the perimeter is made so that fast vehicles can efficiently break into the enemy’s flank.
- The map is included in the rotation of the “Mission” mode
- Battles on the map are based on the “Assault” scenario
Additional story campaign “Contagion”
- With update 1.61, we are presenting three additional story tasks for the “Adventure” mode. In the future, we plan to increase their number.
- An additional story campaign is unlocked after the completion of the task “Wretched hole” in the main “Awakening” chain. Please note that the last task becomes available only after completing the “Experiment” task.
- The “Contagion” campaign’s tasks can be replayed, while in the group. For this, it is necessary that the leader of the group accepting the tasks has not completed them yet. You can also reset the progress of your own story campaign after completing the main tasks.
- The additional campaign is automatically available to those players who did not reset the progress of their own story campaign.
Now, if a player or an entire team intentionally quit at the beginning of the battle (unsportsmanlike behaviour), their access to “Clan battles” is blocked for a short period. The blocking also extends to cases where all team members self-destruct at the beginning of a battle.
Now, melee weapons can deal damage to enemy turrets in raids, even if they only reach the base of the turret.
- Now, with each new level of prestige in the “Firestarters” faction, the player will get random structural parts from the following list (until all the parts are received):
- “Left Death fender” and “Right Death fender” — 1 pc. (both parts are issued for one level of prestige)
- “Finale” — 1 pc.
- “The Omen” — 1 pc.
- Thus, all structural parts can be obtained for 3 levels of prestige with the Firestarters faction.
- Attention! The parts are issued for each new level of prestige obtained after the update. Prestige levels received before the update are not counted, and the parts are not given for them.
- If you purchased the “Horsemen of Apocalypse: Death” pack, then if you increase the level of prestige with the Firestarters faction, additional structural parts will not be issued.
Melee weapon “Harvester”
- Base damage reduced by 25%.
- Now the “Harvester” deals 160% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as heated vehicle parts.
- Reduced ram damage dealt by the Harvester.
Shotgun spread increased by 25%.
Autocannon “AC43 Rapier”
Autocannon projectile explosion radius increased by 20%.
Harpoon “Skinner” and minelayer “Kapkan”
Now, if the enemy trapped in the “Kapkan” or hit by “Skinner”, has been destroyed, the owner of the harpoon or the minelayer gets the assistance credit.
“Mandrake” howitzer and “Incinerator” catapult
Improved aiming mechanics for howitzers and catapults. The changes touch upon the scope’s sensitivity and the camera’s behaviour when the aiming mode is toggled.
Drones “Sidekick” and “Fuze” and “Barrier IX” turret
Reduced the size of the containers
- Crossout update 1.61 added the option to change sight colour. To do this, in the “Settings” menu, go to the “Interface” tab and in the “Gameplay” section, change the sight colour to one of the predefined options.
- The “Characteristics” window for paint cans now shows your current armoured vehicle, painted in this colour.
- Added the option to switch to a specific player in spectator mode. To do this, open the map window and select the desired player.
- Now you can track a total of up to four different challenges. Their progress will be displayed on the debriefing screen.
- The information window can now be brought up in the “Clan battles” leaderboard.
- Crossout 1.61 added a timer before the start of the next season in the description of the “Clan battle”.
- Added visual display of the active perk for the machine gun “ST-M26 Tackler”.
- The interface of the Settings section has been improved and optimized.
- Now, when you get several identical patches, an alert about this is displayed once.
- Crossout 1.61 improved dynamic range settings.
- Added a sound for completed challenges.
- Added sounds for invisibility mode.
- Improved the sounds for explosions of mines and barrels at long distances.
- Improved the sounds of incoming Mandrake shells.
- Crossout version 1.61 improved the sounds for different types of weapons.
- Recently purchased items on the market can be sold at a price that will be no more than 10% lower than the purchase price. The restriction is still valid for 20 hours after purchasing the part.
- Optimized controls of wheeled vehicles with a gamepad.
- Improved the mechanic issuing patches “MVP”. Now, with an equal number of points received, the “best” player is the player who deals more damage to opponents. If this value is identical too, the patch is issued to the one who killed more players.
- Machine gun “MM5-4 Vector” is now called “Vector”.
- The cannon “Mammoth” is called “ZS-46 Mammoth”.
- Crossout 1.61 improved the appearance of the parts “Small strut” and “Medium strut”.
- Improved appearance of the cabin “Photon”.
- The appearance of the “Fuel tank” part has been improved.
- The appearance of the boosters “B-1 Aviator”, “Blastoff” and “Hermes” has been improved.
- Improved weld spots for the cabin “Harpy”.
- Improved burning effects.
- Crossout 1.61 optimized visual effects of the “Furnace” decor.
- Improved a number of texts and descriptions.
Bug Fixes in Crossout Version 1.61
- Fixed a bug where challenge tracking was dropped when leaving the game.
- Now it is impossible to install structural parts under the suspension of the armoured car.
- Fixed a bug in which Lancelot’s explosives with CK Viper applied to it did not detonate upon contact with an enemy.
- Improved interface of the debriefing screen. Challenge progress no longer overlaps with the progress of daily tasks and special events.
- The collision of environment objects on the maps “Broken Arrow” and “Blood Rocks” has been fixed.
- Crossout update 1.61 fixed a bug where the damage of the pulse booster “Scorpion” could fail to decrease when hitting parts.
- Fixed a bug that increases the icons of the module when it is activated.
- Fixed the location of some objects on the maps “Cursed mines”, “Ship Graveyard” and “Nameless Tower”.
- Fixed incorrect location of checkpoints on the Founders Canyon map in the “Race” brawl.
- Changed spread of the shotgun “Breaker”. Now it is fully consistent with the spread of the shotgun “Hammerfall”.
- Crossout 1.61 fixed a bug due to which the Aegis-Prime shield effect appeared briefly when the module was replaced in the brawl Battle Royale.
- Fixed a bug related to the lack of repair sounds in the brawl Battle Royale.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to the appearance of two leaders in the raid “Perimeter Breach” on the “Lost Coast” map.
- Fixed a bug with endless clan list loading.
- Fixed crashing issues with Crossout patch 1.61.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Fixed disconnection issues.
- Crossout version 1.61 has added fixes for glitches.
- Added performance and stability improvements.
Crossout update 1.61 is now available for download on PlayStation 4.