Counter Strike Global Offensive August update is now rolling out for PC players. According to the official Counter-Strike Global Offensive patch notes, the latest patch added various bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, there is also stability and performance improvements.
Recently, a minor update was released with minor gameplay changes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Counter Strike Global Offensive update is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
Counter Strike Global Offensive Update Patch Notes (August 6, 2020)
- Introducing the Fracture Case, featuring designs from over 17 community artists-designed weapon finishes, and the Shattered Web Knives as rare special items.
- Updated main menu movie for Mutiny.
- Fixed several exploits related to VPK tampering.
- The -unstrusted launch option is no longer supported.
- Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol:
- Improved SDR routing selection logic.
- Fixed SDR networking sessions to not be reused after expiration.
- Improved stability.
- Fixed some clipping, z fighting, invisible surface bugs.
- Fixed being able to spot enemies through wall near bridge. (thanks Chaelin!).
- Removed palm tree shadow at bridge.
- Fixed wallbang at B main route.
- Fixed weapons falling through stairs and other parts of the floor.
- Re-added the grenade windows to B.
- New skin for double door at middle.
- Various minor fixes.
- Significant improvement in performance in all areas of the map (Thanks Joaokaka1998 for testing!).
- Adjusted fade distances to improve performance.
- Added more hint/skip brushes to separate certain visleaves.
- Added ivy models to prop combine to increase performance when multiple are rendered at once.
- Lowered part of the wall on A Site.
- Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential.
- Added cover at mid to B connector.
- Removed cover at exit of mid to A connector.
- Removed cover at Side Path near the back of A Site.
- Adjusted position of cover at Catwalk.
- Adjusted position of cover at T to A Lower.
- Raised height of ceiling clipping around A Site & CT to A, allowing players to get on top of the wall on A Site.
- Raised height of ceiling clipping around CT entrance to B.
- Adjusted deathmatch spawn position near A Site.
- Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast.
- Fixed flickering of multiple bush props across the map.
- Removed shadows for some foliage models, such as those seen at The Squid building.
- Fixed missing textures on various displacements around the map.
- Fixed various floating models around the map (windows, lamps, etc.).
- Improved clipping of wooden pillars at Dock.
- Tweaked clipping around rock at T to A Upper.
- Fixed numerous bomb stuck spots (thanks Joaokaka1998!).
- Bomb now teleports back to dry land if player drops it while stood on the small boat.
- Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock.
- Fixed incorrectly rotated tarp model at Dock.
- Removed foliage on A Site wall.
- Modified treasure map in T spawn ship to have a more accurate name applied to it.
- Updated overview.
- Swamp has now great FPS.
- Replaced water material.
- Made it brighter in some areas.
- Updated radar.
- Fixed some more clipping.
- Closed the corner near the old saw blades by the backroom.
- Made recess in wall at T-entrance.
- Made brighter background in corner near T-entrance.
- Closed a gap where a weapon could fall in between.
Download Counter Strike Global Offensive August update.