Control version 1.08 is now available for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the official Control update 1.08 patch notes, the latest update brings the first expansion The Foundation with the new abilities, weapons, and gameplay changes. Apart from this, Control 1.08 also includes title stability and performance improvements on all platforms.
Recently, a major update was released with various bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players are still experiencing several performance issues on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Today’s Control version 1.08 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Added expansion The Foundation
Helen Marshall, the Head of Operations who went missing during the main campaign of Control, might hold some answers to what’s going on in the deepest parts of the Oldest House.
In The Foundation, the Astral Plane is colliding with our reality. Jesse Faden, the Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, must travel through the caverns of the Foundation to prevent the Astral Plane from consuming the Oldest House. As Jesse travels deeper, she will learn more about Marshall’s disappearance, and about the enigmatic Board.
• Improved the readability of the map
• Added button toggle options for Launch and Aim
• Revised the ability tree
• Added the option to redistribute previously spent Ability Points. From now on, players can spend Essence at Control Points to get their spent Ability Points back and assign them to different ability upgrades
• Added the Shield Rush ability upgrade to the Shield ability
• Added the functionality to zoom in on collectable documents for improved readability
• DLSS 2.0 support (PC)
• Fixed the issue when the third personal mod slot kept unequipping after updating the game to the latest Expeditions update
• Fixed the issue where Jukebox Tokens could be obtained from Board Countermeasures before starting the Put A Record On mission
• Various fixes and optimisations to the localisation, UI, and Photo Mode
• Various fixes to progression issues
• Re balanced Charge to deal more damage. Compared to other Service Weapon forms, Charge wasn’t dealing enough damage.
• Fixed an issue where anything the player did during the Former boss fight broke the floor. Now, only the Former’s smashing attacks will break the floor.
• Fixed the issue when the melee damage upgrade affected the damage of Ground Slam.
• Fixed the issue when Expedition modifiers didn’t apply to Seized enemies.
• Fixed the issue where completing a Tier 3 Expedition granted rewards below the allowed value.
• Fixed the issue when after completing the Incinerator and Scrapyard arenas in Expeditions, if Jesse died before leaving the arenas, the player would be able to go back and re-do the missions and farm the rewards continuously until the Expedition timer runs out.
• General bug fixes and performance improvements
Addressed crashing issues.
Fixed stuttering and lag issues.
Addressed a few glitches.
Added Performance and stability improvements.
Other minor under the hood fixes
Control update 1.08 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.