A new Chivalry 2 update 1.17 (2.5.1) is available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Chivalry 2 patch notes, the latest update brings map changes, crash fixes and other changes. Apart from this, Chivalry 2 version 1.17 (1.017) also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added the sprawling new Team Objective map The Raid on Aberfell, the huge new Highland Sword and much more
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s Chivalry 2 patch 1.17 will address a few of these errors.
Chivalry 2 1.17 Patch Notes (2.5.1) – June 21, 2022
Map Balance Changes
After the Tenosian Invasion launch on all platforms we were able to make some observations about how our new Team Objective maps were playing out with the community at large.
For both maps we’ve made the beginning half of the maps easier for attackers to progress through, where previously defenders were holding the line too often. We anticipate that this will improve the overall balance of the map and improve the playing experience for both attackers and defenders.
The Razing of Askandir
- Stage 1
- Petards now explode 20% faster after being placed, (now 16 seconds, previously 20 seconds)
- Stage 5
- Fixed an issue where Mason torch pits would take longer to respawn torches than intended
The Breach of Baudwyn
- Stage 2
- Reduced catapult health from 2000 HP to 1400 HP
- Reduced ballista health from 1000 HP to 700 HP
- Masons spawn one second slower (from 10 seconds to 11 seconds)
- Tenosians spawn one second faster (from 8 seconds to 7 seconds)
- Stage 3
- Moved Mason spawners a few meters back
- Fixed top 3 of the most frequent crashes
- Crash when getting the fire arrows achievement
- Crash related to horse mounting
- Crash that occurred on map load
- Adjusted Beginner Mode player count up to the proper amount (from 22 to 40)
- Fixed an issue where Horse movement input keys could not be rebound in Options
- Fixed an issue where Masons could fall off their boats during Askandir’s opening cinematic
- Fixed an issue where player Masons were visible on boats during Askandir’s opening cinematic
- Fixed an issue where skin tones options for head customization went missing
- Fixed an issue where armour and helmet selections would change to what was equipped on previously selected classes
- Adjusted the “Akkadian Mail Shirt” textures to make the armour set more readable for team identification
Download free Chivalry 2 update 1.17 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.