Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update 1.23 released on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official COD MW 1.23 patch notes, the latest update added 200-Player Warzone, in-match Contract, modes, spotter Scope and more. Apart from this, COD MW update 1.23 also includes a new powerful Sniper Rifle (the Rytec AMR) and a new multiplayer Map: Cheshire Park.
Previously, a big update was released which added Season 3 and various quality of life improvements. The update patch also includes a long list of quality of life improvements.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s COD MW version 1.22 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
What is new in COD MW update 1.23 patch notes?
With this update, Verdansk will now be able to hold up to 200 players in Battle Royale Quads. That means 50 Quads of Operators fighting each other and the encroaching circle collapse.
This new player count makes Warzone an even bigger Battle Royale experience, so get ready to drop in alongside 199 other members of this millions-strong community to cause havoc!
n-Match Contract, Modes, and Spotter Scope
That’s not the only new intel we have on Verdansk:
While travelling and fighting your way through the Warzone, be on the lookout for Supply Run Contracts. Upon activation, you and your squad (if applicable) will be directed to a nearby Buy Station. Reach it within the time limit to get a discount on Buy Station purchases.
Ready up with a Juggernaut Suit in the Juggernaut Royale mode. Find one of the airdropped care packages to become the Juggernaut and use the mini-gun to attack enemies and vehicles. Once a Juggernaut is sent to the Gulag, a new Juggernaut care package will drop on the map, so do your best to capture the suit and take on any squad that stands in your way.
A Powerful Sniper Rifle for your Arsenal
Snipers, meet the Rytec AMR.
This .50 caliber-chambered beast joins the three other weapons in the sniper rifle category and is yours to unlock via in-game challenge. A blueprint variant is also available to get through the Store via the ‘Lost Souls’ bundle.
Whether you need to lock down an objective in Multiplayer, lay waste to AQ in Co-Op, or take that cross-Verdansk shot in Warzone, the Rytec AMR is one of the deadliest semi-automatic anti-material rifles an Operator can get their hands on. Use the included picatinny rail to Gunsmith it out to the situation at hand and get back in the fight as your squad’s reliable sharpshooter.
New Multiplayer Map: Cheshire Park
Those who have the full Modern Warfare experience have a new locale to deploy to: Cheshire Park.
Located in urban London, England, Cheshire Park is a picturesque garden and conservatory where Operators will battle from door to door or through the central flora-filled area.
Take to the townhomes for long sightlines, the stores to capture objectives through intense CQB battles, or take to the side streets to take some shortcuts. If you dare, try to challenge those who may set up shop in second story windows, phone booths, front yards, or scaffolding.
New Multiplayer Mode: Team Defender
Introduced nearly a decade ago, Team Defender returns to Modern Warfare as a fast-paced objective game mode that puts a twist on the traditional Capture the Flag formula.
Instead of both teams defending their respective flags, there is only one flag for a squad member to capture and hold onto. A squad earns a point for every second that one of their members holds onto this flag, which means defending the carrier is a must for victory.
Other than needing the flag to earn points, attackers will want to down the carrier for points, which will lead to games where both squads will frantically attempt to wrest control of the flag until the very last second in this pulse-pounding Multiplayer experience.
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO viewmodel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot head shot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL:
- At the Weapons Store the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Fixed issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Fixed issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed
Download free Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.23 on PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One.