Borderlands 3 1.02 patch update is now rolling out on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Borderlands 3 1.02 patch notes, the latest update brings a long list of bug fixes and quality of life improvement. Apart from this, the Borderlands 3 update 1.02 also includes stability improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with character balancing, gameplay changes and a long list of bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game. Today’s Borderlands 3 version 1.02 update is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Borderlands 3 1.02 patch notes for PS4 and Xbox One
- [PC Only] Reduced the amount of texture streaming that was occurring when aiming down sights.
- Addressed a reported concern where certain users with a lot of people in their friend’s list saw more frequent hitching.
- Implementing General stability improvements.
General Fixes and Improvements
- Addressed a reported issue where KillaVolt’s Shield Storm attack does not disable the tiles around KillaVolt, resulting in the entire floor being activated (oops).
- Addressed a potential progression blocker in the mission “Footsteps of Giants”.
- Borderlands 3 1.02 fixed an issue where Guardian Rank had the potential to become non-functional and/or the player could potentially lose Guardian Rank tokens into the negatives.
- Modified vending machines so it will now sort items by rarity.
- Console FOV is now set to 75 by default. This will not affect players who have already started the game.
- Special prompts for particle text (Tediore guns, “critical”, “immune”) are now properly localized.
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced where their vehicle’s boost could continue into the next map.
- Borderlands 3 patch 1.02 fixed an issue with “Porcelain Pipe Bomb” where it set off multiple explosions when colliding with objects.
- This grenade was never meant to explode multiple times. All enemies in the Borderlands universe are now safe from being instantly melted by radioactive poop.
- Adjusted the verbiage for “left stick” and “right stick” inside the Russian localized version of the control options screen.
- Addressed a reported issue where certain users experienced a failure of the audio to play when spending skill points in the UI.
- The text is now correctly marked “invalid” when you enter an invalid e-mail address on the SHiFT account creation page.
- Addressed a reported issue where the item of the day item card would flash briefly before displaying on vending machines.
- Borderlands 3 patch 1.02 fixed an issue that certain players were served an unread mail icon when they didn’t have mail to read.
- Iron Bear button prompts will now correctly update if you re-bind your controls.
- Modified various features and elements of Crazy Earl’s store.
- Addressed a reported issue where subtitles wouldn’t display until after the initial cutscene.
- Borderlands 3 update 1.02 fixed an issue experienced by certain players that social notifications could become stuck on-screen.
- Addressed a player concern that certain item preview images were failing to load inside the player bank.
- Addressed an issue reported by players where the cursor would snap to an unintended location in the UI.
- [PC Only] Addressed an issue reported by certain PC players where the focus from the mouse’s last known location was sticking around even when playing with a gamepad.
Splitscreen and Online Multiplayer in Borderlands 3 update 1.02
- Borderlands 3 update 1.02 fixed an issue where the dialog volume faded too low before switching to ECHO audio during split-screen gameplay.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that sounds were quiet or missing for the second split-screen player if they move too far from player one.
- Addressed a concern reported by certain players that 3-player groups were having trouble matchmaking with an additional solo player.
- Addressed a reported concerned experienced by certain players that in split-screen one player’s sprinting animation could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Borderlands 3 1.02 fixed an issue wherein split-screen where one player’s aiming down sights could be interrupted by the other player opening the ECHO menu.
- Addressed a handful of reported client replication issues:
- Borderlands 3 patch 1.02 fixed Tina’s pizza bomb so it displays correctly for clients.
- Modified certain audio elements that were reportedly looping for clients.
- Addressed a reported player concern so the Guardian Skill “Dead Man’s Hand” now functions properly.
- Player icons are now pinned to the side of the mini-map when playing in any kind of multiplayer.
Borderlands 3 update 1.02 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available fo download.