Black Desert PS4 update 1.68 is now available for players. According to the official Black Desert version 1.68 patch notes, the latest update added quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Black Desert patch 1.68 also includes stability improvements.
Previously, a big update added the Hashashin pre-creation event and various fixes to the game.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Black Desert version 1.68 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Read what is new and fixed in Black Desert update 1.68?
- Black Spirit’s Rage can be used when using Royal Fencing: Remise, Swooping Ring, and Star’s Call.
– Each skill can be used by pressing RB/R1 or RT/R2 when the Black Spirit’s Rage is at 10%, 25%, and 50%.
– Special effects such as extra hits and increased attack range will be applied.
- Added Nova to Trial Characters (available after January 22nd).
- Storming Star – Fixed the issue with the last hit activating a skill regardless of enemy direction despite having the Combat Assistance system turned on.
- Fixed the issue of Morning Star remaining in the hands of Nova when using command buttons multiple times in a row while mounted.
- Fixed the issue of Morning Star being shown when attacking immediately after Rage Absorption.
- Fixed the issue of Morning Star being shown while opening a treasure chest when equipped with main weapon.
- Changed character motions to automatically convert to a fall motion when Jump Attacking from a high place.
- Changed posture for when the character is in Main Weapon Combat Stance.
- Quoratum’s Opening – Changed so that Sprint is activated first when holding LT/L2 + ↑ after the skill.
- Quoratum’s Opening, Punishing Trap – Fixed the issue where the character would Jump when passing by a hilly area during Charge.
- Fixed the issue where Quoratum and Morning Star appeared abnormal during a fall motion.
- Command : Frozen Earth – Improved combo to allow faster use of Icy Fog after using the skill.
- Prime : Icy Prison, Prime: Stamma’s Mate – Fixed the issue where breath effects would remain on Axian even after moving on to a different combo after using these skills.
- Prime : Frozen Darkness – Fixed the issue where the skill’s Down Attack effect was not being applied.
- Prime : Distorted Guard – Fixed the issue where Grapple Resistance Increase would accumulate.
- Fixed the issue where Succession skills would not lock properly.
- Prime: Fianchetto I – Fixed the issue with the skill becoming available to learn when only having Command: Fianchetto IV.
– Adventurers who have learned Prime: Fianchetto I – III without learning Command: Fianchetto V, will unlearn Prime: Fianchetto skill and its skill points will be returned.
– Adventurers with Skill Presets that have the issue above will have their Skill Preset reverted but will also receive Armstrong’s Skill Guide (1 Day) & Cliff’s Skill Add-on Guide (1 Day) to compensate for the changes.
- Succession : Quoratum’s Opening – Deleted movement distance reduction on the skill while on cooldown.
- Prime : Storming Star, Frozen Darkness – Improved combo to allow Prime: Swooping Ring and Quoratum’s Ascension to be used immediately after the last hit of these skills.
- Prime : Frozen Earth – Improved combo to allow faster use of Icy Fog after using the skill.
- Prime : Passed Pawn – Fixed the issue where the guards did not automatically attack the enemies near Nova upon learning the skill.
- Command : Opening – Fixed the issue where the skill was not activated even when having successfully blocked an attack while using Quoratum’s Protection after Succession.
- Prime : Star’s Call, Prime: Swooping Ring, Prime: Quoratum’s Ascension – Fixed the issue where the guards would not be summoned when moving on to a different combo even when Quoratum’s Protection is activated after these skills.
- Fixed the issue where Axian would be summoned for 30 minutes.
- Fixed the issue where Succession: Quoratum’s Opening would be activated even though Quoratum’s Opening was locked.
- Fixed the issue where all DP increase effects would not be applied while Quoratum’s Protection is activated when learning Prime: Passed Pawn II and III.
- Fixed the issue where HP and SP would not be recovered while using Sucession skills when summoning Axian upon learning Prime: Passed Pawn II and III.
- Fixed the issue where the summoned guard would not disappear when activating Quoratum’s Protection after certain skills.
- Fixed the issue where Nova’s HP would not drop when the level of skill Prime: Passed Pawn is changed with Axian already summoned.
- Changed so that the summoned star from Star’s Ring disappears when there are Wooden Fences or Barricades nearby.
- Star’s Call and Accel: Star’s Call will be activated faster after using Break Orbit and Accel: Break Orbit.
- Changed Royal Fencing: Lunge so Combat Assistance no longer applys to this skill.
- Fixed the issue where cooldown period would not apply in certain situations when using En Garde through Accel: Swooping Ring.
- Fixed the issue with Royal Fencing: Fleche and Frozen Ring where it had abnormal camera effects in certain motions.
- Changed Comet I – IV’s 1st, 2nd, 8th hit to only affect the frontal area.
- Fixed the issue where hitting in max distance for Comet I – IV would not apply the Knockdown effect.
- Improved Accel: Swooping Ring by allowing it to be discharged towards the camera direction after using it as combo with other skills.
- Improved attack range of the skills below
– Twisted Orbit after using Frontal, Back “Break Orbit”.
– Royal Fencing: Fleche I – III
– Royal Fencing: Riposte Swing Attack
– Royal Fencing: Remise I – III Swing Attack
– Swooping Ring I – IV
- Changed Royal Fencing: Fleche command keys.
|Hold↓+ A/X to repeat
- Changed Royal Fencing: Riposte command keys.
|Hold↓+ LB/L1 to repeat
||↓+ LB/L1 / Hold LB/L1 to repeat
- Changed Royal Fencing: Fleche I – III attack motions and damage.
|1 Hit Damage 877% x2, Max 2 Hits
2 Hit Damage 877% x2, Max 3 Hits
3 Hit Damage 877% x2, Max 3 Hits
4 Hit Damage 877% x2, Max 2 Hits
|1 Hit Damage 877% x3, Max 2 Hits
2 Hit Damage 877% x2, Max 3 Hits
Last Hit Damage 877% x6
- Added below effect for Royal Fencing: Fleche I – III.
– HP recovery +15 on each hit (Not applied during cooldown)
- Added below effect for Royal Fencing: Remise I – III.
– SP recovery +35 on each hit”
- Added below effect for Royal Fencing: Lunge.
– HP recovery +25 on each hit.
- Added below effect for Star’s Call.
– Pulls in target on hit (PvE Only)
- Changed below effects for Accel: Star’s Call.
|Pulls in target on hit (PvE Only)
||Pulls in target on hit
- Changed Royal Fencing: Lunge to be discharged in the camera direction after using the skill.
- Improved Quoratum’s Guard so that it can be used while holding the Sting.
- Improved Royal Fencing: Riposte so that it can be used as combo during Quoratum’s Protection.
- Changed Fuse Gravity’s required level from 60 to 58.
- Changed Combust Life’s required level from 60 to 56.
- Fixed the issue with Royal Fencing: Fleche I, II, III so that 1st & 2nd hit no longer applies stun as stated in the skill description.
- Fixed the issue where Command: Frozen Darkness I – V and Absolute: Frozen Darkness could be used through Quick Slot upon Awakening unlike described in the skill description.
- Fixed the issue where the character would look abnormal when using Awakening: Rising Star through Quick Slot.
- The following skills can be used through Quick Slot.
– Slicing Ring
– Royal Fencing: Riposte
- Smoothed out the combo when using other attack skills after the 1st hit of Royal Fencing: Remise and Royal Fencing: Fleche.
- Attacks of Accel: Royal Fencing: Remise and Accel: Royal Fencing: Fleche will be performed in the direction the camera is facing.
- You can make a combo attack with Break Orbit while using Frozen Ring I – IV.
- Added a feature where you can be navigated to a hunting ground.
– Menu > Function > Find NPC then press R1/L1 or RB/LB.
- Fixed the issue where “Hide Other Characters” would not be applied when defeating a World Boss. This function will last for up to 3 minutes when defeating a World Boss.
- Guardians and Hashashins can now open [Event] Karlstein Classic Box (15 Days).
– However, Shais can obtain [Shai] Whimsical Alchemist Classic Set (15 Days) from the box.
- All classes except Shai can open Karsltein Classic Box.
- Changed the icon text of item “Weight Limit +300 LT.”
- Elaborated the description of [Mystic] Bloody Gloves.
- Fixed the description of [Musa] Karlstein Classic Set.
- Added a phrase in Marine Romance Outfit Box that Hashashins and Novas cannot open it.
- Increased the amount of loot and silver obtainable in the following Mediah regions by around 2 times. Following this change, drop rates were reduced by 50%. Defeating monsters in these regions will now be less straining on pets.
– Abandoned Iron Mine
– Wandering Rogue Den
– Manes Hideout
– Helms Post
– Elric Shrine
– Soldier’s Grave
- You can now obtain item “Response to Precious Courage” when defeating a World Boss.
– This item expires in 10 hours and you can keep it in Storage. It grants Skill EXP +10% effect upon use for 2 hours.
- Fixed the issue with monsters near Bloody Monastery at Serendia being unable to move beyond a certain terrain.
- Fixed the issue where enhancing your main weapon to +1 or higher would prevent you from completing the quest “[Enhancement] Even Further and Beyond”.
- Fixed incorrect details and dialog for the quest “[Enhancement] Even Further and Beyond.”
– You can now complete the quest by just equipping (and not talking to the BLack Spirit) gear of enhancement level +1 or higher.
- Added the quest “[Enhancement] Even Further and Beyond” for Nova.
- Changed the location of structures you need to interact with while proceeding with quest “Scarlet Sand Chamber.”
- When you could not learn Awakening skills even after completing the Awakening quests on Nova, you can now learn them by talking to Cruhorn Wyrmsbane.
- Fixed the issue where dyes would not be applied to Sephia Helmet in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue with dye colors changing for outfits when Nova switches to Awakening Weapon while Main Weapon is out.
- Fixed issue where Francesca Seric would occasionally appear abnormally during Nova’s Awakening quests.
- Fixed the issue where [Nova] Calpheon Noble Dress would look abnormal in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where effects would not appear when equipping [Nova] Santa Hat (E).
- Fixed so that the size of the image which is displayed when selecting Nova Succession/Awakening is normal.
- Fixed the issue where Nova’s certain hairstyle would look awkward when changing Game Quality options.
- Fixed the issue where the Truffle Mushroom at Secret Cave could not be gathered.
- Fixed the issue where the key guides of Forest Path Wagon would look abnormal while on board.
- Fixed the issue where “Auto-consume feed when Stamina is low” button would not appear in the Mount Information window.
- Fixed the issue where some products purchased from the PlayStation Store would not be provided properly.
- Improved some sentences for better understanding and fixed typos.
- Fixed an issue where some backgrounds would be displayed abnormally.
Fixed certain characters related issues.
Fixed crashing issues.
Added stability and performance improvements
Other minor bug fixes.
Download free Black Desert update 1.68 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.