Biomutant patch 2.04 is now available to download on PS5, PS4, and Xbox. According to the official Biomutant patch notes, the latest update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay optimizations. Apart from this, the Biomutant update 2.04 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a minor update was released, with quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, since the release, players are facing a number of issues.
Read full details here.
Biomutant 2.04 patch notes
- Added “Field of View Type” setting for selecting between horizontal and vertical Field of View. Vertical Field of View is useful when using a wider monitor to get the correct aspect ratio. By default, the Field of View is set to be horizontal.
- Addressed crash when temporarily losing contact with the GPU.
PlayStation 4 Specific
- Addressed some menus not working correctly when Enter and Back buttons are swapped.
- Increased level cap from 50 to 100.
Items & Loot
In order to improve the looting experience, we’ve tweaked how the loot generation works to reduce duplicate items and improve variety. We have also added several new items which have higher stats than their lower rarity counterparts. This means that an item found with a certain rarity can also be found later with a higher rarity and substanitally improved stats.
And to top it off, we have also added a much-requested scrap action to the loot screen, which should reduce time spent cleaning up the inventory.
- Added more superb loot variations.
- Added higher tier relic and legendary weapon parts that will start dropping at level 50.
- Updated loot generation to provide more variation and less duplicate items.
- Added scrap action to loot screen.
- Added settings for hiding or showing head items.
- Increased damage of later tribe weapons to better fit player level and gear.
- Removed addon slots from special gear that can’t be scrapped, lost or crafted with.
- Addressed issue which allowed an unlimited material supply to be gained from crafting.
- Addressed Missile Cloud to correctly fire on every fourth shot during Rapid Shot in Super Wushu.
- Updated Saw Blades to have a lower spread, higher velocity and correct pierce through enemy behavior.
- Addressed Pichu Nanchuk being hidden in inspect mode.
- Addressed issue where it was possible to equip another one-handed weapon when the Pichu Nanchuk was already equipped.
- Addressed issue which caused Valve addon to have higher stats than intended.
- Reduced resistance values for Ancient Pants to make other gear more viable.
- Addressed favorite consumables quick menu being scrambled when there are no free slots available.
- Addressed Automaton Health Injector cooldown being reset when using Automaton Boost resulting in Automaton Health Injector only being refilled after resting.
- Added “HUD > Mode” setting where it’s possible to select either “ALWAYS SHOW” or “DYNAMIC”. Selecting the “DYNAMIC” option hides the persistent UI elements after a while outside combat. When “DYNAMIC” is selected the player can open either menu or quick menu for the UI elements to show up temporarily. By default, the old “ALWAYS SHOW” behavior is selected.
- Added “Quick Menu Toggle” accessibility setting. When enabled the player isn’t required to hold down the corresponding input to open the quick menus in order to e.g. use a consumable or swap weapons. Instead, the quick menus will open and close by tapping the corresponding button.
Dialogue & Narrator
- Changed so the “Just a few moves left… make them count.” narration is played with a chance after the first time.
- Addressed issue where the Conscience voice over was disabled when using the setting “DIALOGUES > Narrator”.
- Addressed issue where Conscience characters would perform their animations in slow motion.
- Addressed first narrator voice line after character presentation in child village not playing when gibberish was disabled.
- Addressed dev-marker erroneously appearing in Popsi’s dialogue text.
- Added optional Lock-on targeting for melee combat.
- Added attack animation-canceling to certain moves by using dodge.
- Added ability for smaller enemies to throw rocks at the player when mounted.
- Added chance for the player to be knocked off their mount when hit.
- Added fleeing behavior to player mounts when in combat.
- Tweaked the Porky Puff double-boulder throw attack. Now it’s possible to dodge the second rock after being hit by the first one.
- Addressed issue where the player could get stuck in grab animations.
- Addressed Invincibility perk damage multiplier.
- Addressed Stimulus perk damage multiplier.
- Addressed cases where Airstrike would sometimes miss when using Klonkfist.
- Addressed jump attack preventing ranged attacks while airstriking.
- Addressed Rad Wisps being spawned while in menus.
- Addressed Lupa-Lupin camp intro cinematic being played when in combat
- Addressed issue where escorted characters were attempting to target already defeated enemies.
- Addressed issue which caused Pichu goons to only use kick attacks. Now they use their Pichu Nanchuks properly.
- Addressed issue where rocks thrown using Telekinesis would not deal damage.
- Addressed critical hits from abilities not showing red damage numbers.
- Added indicators for completed area objectives on the Map.
- Added pinned indicator to items used in outfits.
- Addressed equipped indicator showing incorrect item after selling another item.
- Added paused playtime when in the system menu or when the game is deactivated.
- Added initial quest tab selection which opens either “Main” or “Side” quest tab based on the tracked quest.
- Addressed overlapping UI when changing tab directly after fast travel.
- Updated the transport menu with smoother transitions and removed the camera fades in-between selections.
- Addressed issue where pressing the map button would not close the map and bring you back to the game.
- Addressed percent stats not being capped at 100%.
- Addressed XP bar not being hidden when at max level.
- Addressed MkTon sometimes not spawning when talking to Gizmo.
- Addressed “Lupa-Lupin’s Lair” not being completable after loading a save.
- Addressed issue where bandit camp quests sometimes would not be completed.
- Addressed issue where bandit camp captains sometimes would not spawn.
- Addressed issue where Lotus Captain quest could be given multiple times which prevented consecutive quest copies from being completed.
- Addressed issue where defeating Bompa Bonker before starting the corresponding quest would prevent the player from completing the quest after saving and loading.
- Addressed issue where some unique quest rewards did not get correct Material and Quality, resulting in them sometimes not having correct stats.
- Addressed puzzles being usable through walls using Klonkfist.
- Addressed issue where the player could change the allied tribe after meeting with either Gizmo, Goop, Whiz or Noko although the first outpost hadn’t been captured.
- Addressed Batnam-nam being able to receive player damage.
- Addressed “Eyes on the Prize” which couldn’t be completed after loading a save game.
- Addressed issue where the player could get stuck during an outpost capture when using the Klonkfist on the oil tanks.
- Addressed issue where the player was able to interact with a certain Lumen Shrine during combat.
- Addressed issue where all rival tribe weapons were not claimable when using tribewar shortcut.
- Added modifiers which somewhat increase the difficulty after starting a NG+ game and also additionally for each new subsequent NG+ loop.
- Addressed Aura score not being reset when starting a NG+ game.
- Addressed Plank Resources being reset when starting a NG+ game.
- Added respawning enemies to some areas.
- Increased spawn rate for random encounters.
- Moved wrecked-ship to the correct Map location.
- Addressed Bio Nucleus 6D area objectives not being completable.
- Removed locked door blocking access to area objectives in Bangshelter 9H.
- Addressed a car that couldn’t be looted in Bangshelter 3J.
- Addressed a door in Bangshelter 2G so the Anti-Radiation suit can be received.
- Addressed crash when a character receives damage.
- Addressed crash when player is forced to exit the MkTon.
- Addressed crash when player climbs up on an enemy.
- Addressed crash when launching towards an enemy.
- Addressed crash with narrator commentary.
- Addressed appearance not being reset when reverting character mutation changes.
- Addressed issue causing the player to take hazard damage while appearing to have maximum resistance.
- Removed bright spots from the post process that were always visible.
- Addressed missing “EXTREME” label on extreme difficulty save files.
- Addressed issue where Brogg could choke on Gullblimp and cause the player to become stuck.
- Addressed issue which allowed Fungi to be spawned on oil.
- Addressed some attack sounds having incorrect volume.
- Increased free-fall duration needed for mounts and the player to trigger a hard landing.
- Addressed jitter during mounting animation.
- Addressed issue where the MkTon door at gizmo sometimes would be incorrectly closed.
- Addressed issue where reload animations would trigger and conflict during cinematics.
- Addressed issue where an incorrect prompt was shown when using the Klonkfist on moth nests.
Download the Biomutant update 2.04 on Sony PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Xbox.