Battlefield 5 (BF5) update 1.17 patch notes is now available for players on PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Battlefield V update 1.17 patch notes, the new update brings a quality of life improvements and changes. Apart from this, the new Battlefield 5 version 1.17 also includes stability and performance improvements. Read full patch notes below.
Previously, a big update was released with a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game.
Battlefield 5 update 1.17 Patch Notes
- Fixed the APCR Specialisation for the Boys AT. It wasn’t working properly when used against Tanks and you should see that this has been rectified when the update goes live. (Thanks to everyone who reported this – /u/LOLRememberarbitur was the first thread we caught on this one)
- The Tromboncino’s progress was inadvertently tied to the Commando Carbine when it debuted, and those folks who had already progressed to a certain level with the Commando Carbine were finding that they couldn’t set, or reset their specializations. Fixed that. (Thanks to @DLVittorio on Twitter for flagging this alongside others)
- Three Firestorm fixes. We’ve now made it so that if some cheeky beggar quits whilst downed, their loot will now drop, rather than exit the server with them. We’ve also fixed Platform 9 and ¾ in the Firestorm Hanger – folks will no longer be able to exploit the geometry and reach the map earlier (big thanks for everyone’s patience whilst we stamped that out). Parachute draw distance has also been improved on the drop, so you should have less problems identifying how many are dropping with you
- Reduced the instances of crashing in Spectator Mode
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
- Fixed an issue with a Boys AT Rifle Specialization which would cause it to do an incorrect amount of damage.
- Battlefield V version 1.17 fixed an issue which made it impossible to reset Specializations.
- Players should now properly get the assignments tied to weapon progression. Previously, players could run into issues where they were not awarded properly.
- Firestorm – Players that leave the server will now drop their inventory on the ground.
Maps & Modes
- Firestorm – Battlefield 5 update 1.17 fixed an exploit that would let players land on the map earlier than other players.
- Firestorm – BF5 update 1.17 increased the draw distance of other players’ parachutes, making it easier to see where they’re heading from longer distances.
- Improved stability of Spectator mode.
- Added matchmaking fixes.
- Fixed crashing issues and stuttering/lag issues.
- Added bug fixes and other improvements.
- Fixed few players reported glitches.
- Other minor adjustments to the general gameplay experience.
Battlefield 5 (BF5) update 1.17 for PS4 is now available for download.