Baldur’s Gate 3 update version 184.108.40.2061526 (Hotfix 16) is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Baldur’s Gate 3 patch notes, the latest update addresses several crash bugs, a number of graphics issues, and a host of gameplay fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with various quality of life improvements.
Unfortunately, since the last update, players are facing various issues with the game. Read more details below.
Enabling Screenspace Sub Surface Scattering (SSSS) no longer causes game to crash.
● Fixed crash when both DLSS and HDR are enabled.
● A rare crash that appeared when a follower dies during combat is no more.
● Zarys will now ignite the barrels and run away after being startled.
● Bald Duergar are now even balder. Please refer to BG3 as Balder’s Gate from here on out.
● Glut can now jump – not to be confused with the title of the 1992 Woody Harrelson basketball movie.
● You can only return Sergeant Thrinn’s boots if you knew they were stolen to begin with.
● Create Water can now be used to extinguish light sources that it previously could not.
● Fixed scaling issues of the HDR calibration image with DLSS turned on – it now resizes accordingly.
● Improved animations and VFX for some Weapon Actions.
● Lights no longer appear right before starting a cinematic dialogue while the screen is fading.
● The Prepare action tooltip won’t display negative damage.
● You can now end your turn after using Flaming Sphere.
● Made the falling impact damage formula more precise.
● Characters no longer randomly receive 44 bludgeoning damage. That was weird.
● Glut and other characters now have their correct portraits.
● Shadowheart will now have all her spell points when recruited on the beach.
● Withers now always leaves when dismissed.
● A number of small UI issues related to saving and loading have been fixed.
● Improved texture of Halfling dreadlocks.
● Cancelling interface changes in the Settings menu will now properly revert to the original settings.
● Myconids will no longer get stuck in an endless self-healing loop after combat.
● Fixed an AI calculation issue that caused NPCs to pass their turn without doing anything.
● Fixed the passive feature of Elder Brithvar’s pick weapon.
● All torches found in Grymforge are now equippable.
● Resolved a visual issue when opening the lava valve at the Adamantine Forge.
● Fixed a crash when killing the last enemy at Plea at the Gates combat.
● Wild Magic: Enchant Weapons properly deal critical damage.
● Spore Servant and Hook Horror status overlays are no longer bright green.
● Night Walkers boots now grant immunity to Entangled and Ensnared.
● Ring of Fire now works on Fire damage from weapon attacks.
● Horrific Visage’s Mind Flayer no longer faces the wrong direction.
● Priestess Gut can no longer call guards when silenced.
● Active rolls are now properly centered on 16:10 resolution screens.
● Fixed NPC spells sometimes not hitting other NPCs.
● Whispering Mask effects will now be applied correctly when equipped through the Equipment UI.
Download free Baldur’s Gate 3 update on PC (Steam).