Automobilista 2 update 184.108.40.206 is now rolling out on PC (Steam). According to the official Automobilista 2 patch notes, the latest update added Fanatec CLS DD control sets and various quality of life changes.
Previously, a major update added Racin´ USA Part 2, featuring 1990s american open wheelers from Reynard, Lola & Swift as well as the Cleveland Burke Lakefront Road Course & Watkins Glen International.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s Automobilista 2 patch 220.127.116.11 will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Automobilista 2 Patch Notes – December 31, 2021
- Added Fanatec CLS DD control sets
- Fixed view changing to default attached camera instead of last driving view after switching camera on session live timing boards
- Fixed MP Opponent type spinner allowing wrap and causing class list display issues
- Fixed missing player avatar image on profile affinity tab
- Fixed incorrect wheel range for some controllers
- Rate limited Fanatec rumble motor updates
UI & HUD
- Fixed an issue that would prevent driver profile details being saved in some instances.
- Added user option to configure ICM auto-close time (options > gameplay > display > ICM Auto-Close)
- Replay screen: Allowed info elements to remain visible when controls are hidden and added watched driver overview.
- Added “Favourite Content” info to Profile screen.
- Added “Outlap” status to session overview screen.
- Fixed main menu replays button not opening correct profile tab
- Fixed incorrect environment info on advanced setup screen
- Adjusted scaling of weight distribution values
- Added option to “unready” in pre-race screen
- Fixed Online Opponent Settings page not showing all set classes
- Fixed track map overlap on lobby details page
- Revised ideal temperature & range for all tires (generally slightly lower ideal temps and wider operating windows for road, vintage & harder semi-pro level slicks & semislicks, higher and narrower on higher top level compounds)
- Slightly reduced road & vintage tire tread velocity sensitivity
- Revised tire carcass of F-Classic (all gens), Group C, F-Ultimate
- Minor tire tread adjustments to Group C cars, F-Classic Gen 1 & 2, Street & Vintage tires
- Further driveline flex adjustments & added flex to remaining driveline models that still didn´t feature it
- Revised aero drop-off with yaw angle for all formulas, GTs & Prototypes
- Minor default setup adjustments to Stock Car 2019, Stock Car 2020/2021, Camaro GT4-R, BMW 2002, Porsche GT1, F-Ultimate, Super V8, Porsche RSR 1974, BMW M4, GTE, GT3, GT4 & Group A cars (setup reset recommended)
- Porsche Cayman GT4: Corrected weight distribution & adjusted default setup (setup reset recommended)
- Super V8: adjusted gear ratios
- Reduced FFB parking force (correcting error that increased the parking forces in a previous build)
- Fixed incorrectly pre-warmed tires for Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Stock Car 2020 & 2021
- Fixed AI issue that would result in pit entry/exit overshoots/slides
- AI in process of retiring before making it to main racing line merge will now do so immediately instead of waiting some time and risking tangling with other AI cars
- Adjusted AI behaviour if encountering understeer on pit entry
- Fixed AI sometimes getting stuck on track in reverse gear
- Revised AI pit entrance speed tweakers
- Cleveland: More details to the airport buildings, few material fixes for other buildings, added collisions for planes, trackside vehicles and structures that are visible through all the sessions; the cement wall on the exit of T8 has got some rubber battle scars; Adjusted brightness of night lighting
- Watkins Glen: Added crowds at Turn 10; Terrace, restaurant, few more outside buildings More AIW tweaks (short layout); Rolling start P1 is now on the right hand side added small grandstand before T1, slightly corrected marshall huts; rubber marks on the tirewall at the exit of T9; updated trackside cameras
- Salvador: Added wall at the monument chicane to avoid AI cars getting stranded on the grass island
- Distance from start-line from which a track limit infraction would invalidate the following lap is now customized per track
- Daytona: Moved rolling start location to exit of bus stop chicane, increase gap between grid rows
- Monza (All layouts): Revised rolling start location; Fixed graphical issue on the tunnel
- Long Beach: Revised rolling start location and rolling start velocity; Switch P1 to left-hand side
- Azure 2021: Add some missing flower boxes to runoff at the chicane; Remove some out of place 2d ivy and cleanup the foliage clipping the walls at the hairpin
- Interlagos Historic: Adjusted AI path for better pit-in behavior; Moved pit guy to minimise clipping into garage wall; Adjusted AI line to reduce corner cuts at Descida do Lago; Smoothed out an abnormal dip on the outer loop junction
- Interlagos: Adjusted pit lane entrance path
- Curitiba: Adjusted fastline at Entrada do Miolo / Esse de Baixa; Adjusted corridors; Move rolling start location 250m back before last corner
- Campo Grande: Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit; Adjusted AI fast line through S1,S2; Improved pit entry path
- Kyalami: Fixed gap between grass and road ; Fix gravel traps resistance (switch sand to gravel); Corrected 3d crowd LODs
- Speedland: Added rain blockers to indoor segment
- Spa-Francorchamps 2020: Added rain blockers to garage building
- Spielberg: Fix gap in pitlane mesh; Minor LOD fixes & optimization pass
- Brasilia: Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit
- Added VR cams to Brasilia, Spielberg Vintage
- Jacarepagua: Adjusted rolling start locations and speed
- Jerez: Adjusted AI fat path & Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit
- F-USA: Revised & fixed driver animation issues (all models)
- Swift 009C: Fixed cockpit windows issue
- Reynard 98i: Fixed steering rack default position (animation). Fixed tire glitch
- Formula Classic G3M2: Revised the driver animation, fixed driver head position
- McLaren 720S GT3 Material: update for liveries #27 #90; New sponsors added for liveries #11 #22 #87
- Stock Car Omega: Updated windshield textures
- VW Polo/Virtus: Updated custom materials
- Formula V10 Gen1: Updated driver animations.
- Roco: Fixed left tires sidewall issue