Apex Legends update 1.97 is now available to download on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Apex Legends 1.97 patch notes, the latest update added quality of life changes. Apart from this, Apex Legends version 1.97 also includes various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Previously, a big update added a new legend, a new map, balancing, and much more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are still experiencing issues while playing the game online. Today’s Apex Legends patch 1.97 will fix a few of these issues.
Apex Legends 1.97 Patch Notes – June 7, 2022
- Addressed improper Ranked rewards – The correct dive trails, holospreays, gun charms, and badges will start rolling out to players throughout the day.
- IMC Armories: Addressed exploits related to clipping through the roof, a mantling bug after teleporting in, and various script errors.
- Fixed the occasional server-wide thud sound related to Newcastle’s ultimate.
- Resolved next-gen Xbox audio distortion.
- Various script errors
Addressed the following changes previously.
- Addressed a bug where Wraith ultimate disappearing when deployed close to Harvester wall
- Addressed an issue where some players are reporting that the final day Treasure Pack is not granting any of the items
- Fixed bugs related to Rampage charging VFX, UI inconsistencies.
- Addressed stability and performance issues.
- Other minor under the hood fixes.
- Addressed bug where players were unable to scroll downwards when looting a death box or black market.
- Addressed bug that was preventing players from getting Rampart’s Heirloom even after buying all 24 event packs.
- Addressed bug where players could skydive faster after spamming Ping.
- Addressed issue with players seeing the 888 Elite Mode Badge constantly unlocking.
- Addressed bug where dive trails were not rewarded properly.
Starting December 7th and available until December 21st, the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event will give players the opportunity to unlock event-limited Legendary cosmetics for Valkyrie, Loba, Revenant, Bloodhound, Pathfinder, Wattson and Wraith that are designed to bring out the pirate in every player. But that’s not all we’re bringing for the Holidays, how about the return of one of our favorite limited-time modes, Winter Express!
CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE WINTER EXPRESS!
That’s right: Winter Express returns! This beloved game mode offers three squads the opportunity to board and capture the World’s Edge train. For the first time, Legends will be able to pick their loadout before boarding the train; play around and find the best loadout for you!
RAIDERS COLLECTION EVENT
Each Legendary skin has a complementary weapon, either in the collection or the prize track. You can earn 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. There are also stretch challenges that reward four unique badges if you complete them during the event.
All of these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete several at once. And of course, the Raiders Collection Event also introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics.
Once you unlock all 24 collectibles, you’ll receive Wattson’s electric Heirloom, the “Energy Reader”!
- Wattson: Addressed the issue with fences “sticking” when trying to place a node near a fence.
- Wattson: Addressed bug for cases where Wattson’s Fence nodes ignored player collision.
- Wattson: Addressed bug with the blueprint line not showing up to signify where the fence will be created.
- Wattson: Addressed issue where Caustic’s Ultimate isn’t zapped by the Interception Pylon.
- Wattson: Addressed bug where Arc Stars could stick to and damage the Interception Pylon
- Ash: Based on feedback we’ve increased the audio presence of Ash’s Ultimate.
- Ash will no longer “bleed” when shot and now displays sparks [like Pathfinder and Revenant].
- Ash: Addressed cases where a grid pattern would show on some rare and common skins.
- Valkyrie / Revenant: Addressed a bug where using a Skydive with Death Totem at a specific time caused Valkyrie’s skydive to enter a bugged state.
- Valkyrie: Fix for Birthright Skin where Valk’s jetpack control clips into her hands in first person.
- Arenas: Addressed bug where Seer could continuously charge his tactical after it’s reached zero uses.
- Arenas: Reduced reconnect times since the matches are shorter than a Battle Royale match.
- Arenas: Fix for missing ammo UI on the common, rare, or epic, CAR.
- Arenas: Fix for missing horizontal black bars while spectating.
- Arenas: Fix for cases where the Death Tab is missing from the shop window.
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES
- Addressed issue with a spot on Storm Point where players could camp in unintended areas near Command Center.
- We also addressed multiple minor bugs around the map ranging from misplaced kill triggers and holes in geo.
- Bocek Compound Fracture Legendary skin bug: Addressed an issue where players would still see iron sights when aiming even if another sight is equipped.
- R-301 Dynastic Cycle Legendary skin bug: Addressed an issue with the gun using a mix of two different skins.
- Addressed bug for cases where the Loba Edition displays “No Price Found” when viewed in the store tab.
- Based on feedback we’ve reduced the SFX on reactive skins for the Volt.
- Decreased Focus of Attention detonation delay from 1.6s to 1.4s
Seer was dialed back to a healthier spot with the balance hotfix soon after his release. However, after four months of evaluating his use in the live game, the detonation delay seems a little too sluggish. We want to improve its feel while continuing to evaluate the reveal meta as a whole.
- Base stick damage lowered from 30 -> 10
- Shield Damage Multiplier increased from x3 -> x4 (stick on shielded enemy will now max out at 40 instead of 90)
- Sticking an enemy now applies a slow debuff (reverting Legacy update change)
- Slow duration is now driven by distance to the center of Arc Star detonation
Arc stars excel in a lot of areas. They have high damage potential coupled with a punishing slow, and can be thrown more accurately than other ordnance types. Removing the stick slow created some degenerate play patterns and often made it hard to tell when you got stuck in the heat of battle. We’re bringing that back with a tradeoff of lower damage potential and a proximity based slow falloff in non-stick cases. These changes make stick scenarios more consistent across shield types and make arc stars less effective at area denial.
- Removed increased magazine capacity
Big Maude has been an awesome drop location and a reliable source of early power for teams that win the hotdrop. However, the paintball weapons are proving to be a little too strong so we’re going to remove the increased mag size but keep the handling improvements.
- Shotgun ammo, sniper ammo, and arrow crafting output reduced to a single stack
- Observer Mode – UI and Scoring Improvements for in-game stats menu.
- Observer Mode – Reduced opacity on Loba’s Back Market for map & mini-map.
- Observer Mode – Added toggle option to show next ring location.
- Added [Team] Eliminated text in kill feed for Private Match Anonymous mode.
- Admins now have the ability to end matches in either Observer or Player positions.
- Addressed issue for real time API delay after running consecutive games.
- New real time API events including:
- Shots fired
- Kill awarded
- Line by line formatting
- Unique player IDs
QUALITY OF LIFE
New Custom Reticle Color System
Custom Reticles are here! The new UI can be opened under Gameplay Settings by selecting the Customize option under Reticle.
Once in the new Custom Reticle UI you’ll be able to:
- Select a color from some of our recommended favorites
- Use the color and brightness sliders to find that perfect color
- Manually enter an RGB color
- Toggle between 4 different hand picked environments to preview your reticle
Download free Apex legends version 1.97 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.