[Age of Empires 4 Definitive Edition] AOE4 patch 11009 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to AOE4 patch notes, the latest update added some general changes to siege to ensure there’s sufficient counterplay, making changes to reduce animation canceling’s impact on rate of fire to re-focus on high-level strategy, and doing another pass on balance for a variety of our civilizations. Apart from this, Age of Empires 4 (AOE4) patch 11009 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with new Maps, Spectator chat is now activated, and lots of bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game.
Today’s AOE 4 patch 11009 will fix a few of these issues.
[Age of Empires IV] AOE4 Patch Notes – February 8, 2022
- We’ve made improvements to the animation cancelling issues previously called out by players; we’ll be keeping an eye out for your feedback to make additional adjustments in this area, but with this patch, units can no longer easily perform faster attacks than intended by issuing a move command after attacking to cancel the cooldown between hits.
- Fixed a bug where Palisade Walls could no longer be targeted.
- Trebuchet projectiles now deal Area of Effect damage when missing their intended target.
- Fixed a bug where Incendiary ships damage range increased significantly after researching the Explosives tech.
- Fixed a bug where Incendiary Ships were exploding 2 or even more times in some cases. To keep the unit balanced we’ve increased the explosion damage 300 to 400.
- Scout cost increased from 60 to 70 Food.
- Changes to Shore Fish
- Fishing Ship harvest rate reduced from .75 to .66
- Shore Fish reduced from 1000 to 500 Food
- Changes to Deep Fish
- Fishing Ship harvest rate reduced from 1.1 to 1.0
- Deep Fish reduced from 2000 to 1000 Food
- Siege formation catchup speed reduced from 100% to 40%
- Horseman, Camel Rider, Fire Lance, and Knight torch bonus damage vs. siege increased from +10 to +20.
- Bombard health reduced from 480 to 400. See additional changes to Chinese civ-specific Bombard health below
- Siege weapons now also deal their bonus damage vs. ships
- Adjustments made across the board to reduce Siege move speed
- Bombard move speed reduced from 0.88 to 0.62
- Springald move speed reduced from 1.0 to 0.88
- Mangonel move speed reduced from 0.88 to 0.75
- Nest of Bees move speed reduced from 0.94 to 0.81
- Abbasid Age Up time reduced from 120 to 105 for every Age
Abbasid Dynasty & Delhi Sultanate (Shared Changes)
- Increased Explosive Dhow detonation range from 1 to 2 tiles so it matches the intended explosion radius
- Dhow damage increased from 8 to 10
- Berry Harvest bonus increased from 25% to 30%
- Berry carry capacity increased from 10 to 13
- Chinese Clocktower bombard health reduced from 720 to 600
- Official Unit can no longer use Supervise on Landmarks
- Reload Drills reload bonus time reduced from 33% to 20%
- Nest of Bees damage vs. ships increased from 0 to 4
- Fixed a bug where the Imperial Official’s tax collection cooldown sometimes didn’t trigger
- Increased Prelate base move speed from 1.0 to 1.12
- Inspire cast range increased from 3 to 4 tiles
- Several changes made to adjust Raid
- Base level of the Raid ability reduced from 50 to 25
- Raid Bounty upgrade bonus decreased from 75 to 50
- Raid Bounty (Improved) upgrade bonus decreased from 100 to 75
- High Armory Technology – Fine-tuned Guns reload bonus time reduced from 33% to 20%
Download free AOE 4 patch 11009 on PC(Steam).