Albion Online update (Into the Fray Patch 3) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Albion Online patch notes, the latest update brings changes and improvements to the Arena and Crystal Arena, Training Dummies, the Journey Back ability, and more.
Recently, a big update added substantial combat balance changes, improvements to the Black Zone map display and Faction Warfare UI, and more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues. Today’s Albion Online patch 3 will fix a few of these issues.
Albion Online Patch 3 Notes – July 19, 2022
Arena / Crystal Arena Changes
- Improved Rank Point calculations for Crystal Arena to put more emphasis on more quickly getting players into the rank bracket that best reflects their skill level. Players that are too far ahead of the curve in their bracket will now get far more Rank Points per win, regardless of the opponent’s team strength. And players who are not successful enough in their bracket lose Rank Points faster to avoid players’ Rank Points overrating their skill level.
- Improved Crystal Arena Matchmaking to put a higher emphasis on matching players at the same (or close) rank. This change should lead to more enjoyable matches with most players on both teams in similar rank brackets.
- Reduced Adventurer’s Challenge Points gained from Arena losses by roughly 25% (rounded in steps of 50, so actual number may be somewhat higher or lower). This ensures that the Adventurer’s Challenge Daily Bonus cannot be completed by only losing one Arena match.
- Match rewards are now displayed at the end of both Arena and Crystal Arena matches (previously only appeared for Crystal Arena).
- Training Dummies now display an extra UI with detailed information when being attacked or healed. The information includes total damage dealt and DPS, or total amount healed and HPS.
- Reduced restriction on Access Rights after a Headquarters Hideout has been undeclared to 7 days (previously 14).
- Two major changes have been made to the Journey Back ability’s cost calculation:
- It now uses the average zone modifier for the zones you would have traveled through (previously only took into account the zone you were standing in)
- It now uses the cheapest route instead of the shortest
- Because this would overall lead to a decrease in Journey Back costs, it has been counteracted as follows:
- Increased impact of all zone types (so the average zone modifier is now significantly higher)
- Increased impact of item value
- Decreased impact of distance
- Spell fixes:
- Fixed an issue where after the first cast of Soul Link it would display an outdated tooltip
- Fixed an issue where the last hit of the Purifying Combination (Fists of Avalon) could hit the same target twice
- Fixed an issue where Guild Warhorses could not use the Journey Back ability
- UI fixes:
- The “OK” button at the end of an Arena match can now be clicked directly in the open “Arena Stats” window
- Fixed an issue where the Marketplace UI “Completed” tab did not automatically update when orders were filled while UI was open
- Mobile fixes:
- Fixed issue where chat would not reconnect after bringing the app back from the background
- Fixed issue where it was possible to drag target spells that were not ready to cast
- Fixed issue where fishing started via tapping onscreen could not be continued with Action button
- Gathering Masteries now include the intended Gathering Speed modifier reward
- Spring Cottontail, Recruiter’s Toad, and Recruiter’s Giant Frog can no longer be used in Arena or Crystal League as they have abilities
- Fixed an issue where Raw T5 and T7 Lurcher gave the same bonuses as T6 and T8 Lurcher Sandwiches – the raw fish now only gives the healing received increase
- Rare Castle and Castle Outpost chests will no longer reroll their rarity and simply be Rare as intended
- Fixed issue where mobs summoned by Siphoning Mages would not load
- Additional graphical, UI, terrain, audio, and localization fixes
Download free Albion Online patch 3 on PC(Steam).