Age of Empires 4 (AOE 4) update (Nov 15, 2021) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official AOE 4 patch notes, the latest update brings some minor changes to the game. Apart from this, Age of Empires 4 (AOE4) patch also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game.
Today’s Age of Empires 3 patch 50830 will fix a few of these issues.
Age of Empires 4 Patch Notes (Patch 7989) – November 15, 2021
- Changes made to drastically reduce performance drops when panning the camera across the map.
- Steam users are now able to link their Xbox Live accounts in-game.
- Some users reported health bars disappearing during gameplay regardless of their setting selections. This has been fixed with patch 7989, and in-game health bars should appear when you tell them to (in the settings!).
- The Mongol Town Center Capital can no longer be placed directly next to their opponent’s Town Center. From now on, the Mongol Town Center Capital must be placed in an explored area, and not within 20 tiles of an enemy’s Town Center. Our Balance team will continue to observe your feedback on this and other elements of gameplay.
- Small adjustments made to in-game localization.
Addressed a few high-profile bugs
Added various balancing issues related to Mongol town centers.
What will happen to my saved games and replays?
Upon updating to this patch, you will no longer be able to utilize replays from previous updates. At times, saves will also be impacted, though we’ve taken additional steps to ensure your saves are not impacted by this particular update.
What about my campaign progress and unlocked content?
Campaign progress and all content unlocked within the game will be unaffected.
Age of Empire 4 Known Issues
- Replays from 7274 are not compatible with 7989.
- The requirements text for the Mongol Town Center Capital does not call out the necessity for it to be placed in an explored area. We will be fixing this in a future update.
- Known issue Infinite Relic Duplication for Rus Civilization has been identified for a fix in a future update.
- Known issue Mongol Civ – Packed Buildings Continuously Repaired has been identified for a fix in a future update.
- Known issue Mongol Civ – Superior Mobility Providing Too Much Increased Movement Speed has been identified for a fix in a future update.
Download free Age of Empires 4 update on PC(Steam).