Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (AOE2) update 59165 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official AOE 2 patch notes, the latest update added various gameplay changes and bug fixes. Apart from this, Age of Empires 2 (AOE 2) patch 59165 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with new Maps, Spectator chat is now activated, and lots of bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game.
Today’s AOE2 patch 59165 will fix a few of these issues.
What is new in AOE2 February 23, 2022 Update?
Stability & Performance
- Various improvements to the game’s performance in Multiplayer matches.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during gameplay on old versions of Windows 10.
- Added a new setting in the Options menu to limit the framerate during gameplay. This setting is only active when the V-Sync setting is disabled and the framerate can be uncapped entirely.
- The Technology Tree can now be properly navigated again when any “go to building”/”select all buildings” hotkeys are unassigned.
- Fixed an issue where the Coop Campaign Introduction slideshow was able to overlap with the Lobby Browser UI under certain circumstances.
- Added a new setting in the options interface menu to enable/disable the Smooth Serif Font added in the January Update.
- Unit spawn locations directly around the buildings which train them can no longer be blocked by enemy wall foundations on which construction has not yet begun.
- Traditional Chinese: Smooth Serif Font is now properly translated in the options interface menu.
Download free Age of Empires 2 update 59165 on PC(Steam).