AC Valhalla patch 4.01 is now rolling out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. According to the AC Valhalla 4.01 patch notes, the latest update added a new Level Scaling setting, new skills, a new updated skill tree, and more. Apart from this, AC Valhalla version 4.01 also includes a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes.
This new AC Valhalla The Siege of Paris expansion pack (DLC) will be available on 12th August with a download size of around 10GB.
Previously, a big patch added new features and changes. Recently, a hotfix was also released with various quality of life improvements.
Unfortunately, since the patch, some players are experiencing issues with the game. AC Valhalla version 4.01 will address a few of these issues.
Read AC Valhalla patch notes details below.
AC Valhalla 4.01 Patch Notes (Hotfix) – August 23, 2021
- Addressed a bug where the game shows the “failed to save the game issue” message when navigating Francia.
AC Valhalla 4.00 Patch Notes
The Siege of Paris – Expansion 2
Added support for The Siege of Paris, preparing the game for the expansion release on August 12. (a separate download is required on release day.)
- Sigrblot Festival is a new time-limited event from July 29-August 19.
- Partake in new festivities and quests to receive exclusive festival rewards (including a one-handed sword!!)
Players must reach England and complete one of the first two narrative arcs (Grantebridgescire OR Ledecestrescire) and be at least Settlement Level 2 to participate in the Sigrblot Festival.
- We added a new menu option to the game to adjust NPC levels to your liking. You may choose from the following options:
- Off = Scaling is turned off; enemies appear exactly as prescribed in the region description.
- Default = Lower enemies are brought up to 50 power levels under the player’s level (How the game is intended to be played).
- Constant = Enemies will be at least the same power level of the player.
- Harder = Enemies will be 30+ power levels above the player.
- Nightmarish = Enemies will be 60+ power levels above the player.
- Note: Boss encounters and game modes will not be impacted by this as they have their own intended difficulty settings.
Skill Tree Update
- The Skill Tree has improved visibility for new skills added throughout the post-launch.
Added an option that will auto-acquire all the skill nodes required to reach the currently highlighted node (if you have enough skill points available).
• Light Fingered: Eivor will now automatically pick up nearby loot with a quick flick of the wrist (without having to press the interact button). • Thrill of War: Gain adrenaline as long as you remain in conflict.
• Heidrun Slam: Press R2 while sprinting to knock enemies back with a powerful knee slam. • Idunn’s Heart: Passively regenerate recent health loss after a short delay.
• Survival Instinct: When at less than a third of health, hold -> for partial healing (Exchange adrenaline for health). • Wolf Warrior: Your damage increases the lower your health.
WRATH OF THE DRUIDS – EXPANSION 1
- Fixed a bug where priest’s body would be missing in Flann Over Ireland.
- Addressed an issue where cage cannot be opened to free the prisoners in Tuam caves.
- Addressed an issue where only minor runes inside chests in Ireland.
- Fixed a bug where Shelf not movable in Cashelore.
- Cutscene didn’t start when sieging the church in The Scourging of Snakes.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t confirm kill on The Ash.
- Fixed a bug where Missing sound and subtitles within Wrath of the Druids.
- King’s Pass not collectible if the Raid is not also completed at the same time.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t collect the prison key in Courting the Kings.
- Fixed a bug where Barid vanished in Flann Over Ireland.
- Thorstein teleported back to the cave in the Snaring Thorstein.
- Couldn’t progress when the Puca was killed in Into the Fog.
Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Fixed a bug where Infinite Loading screens during various quests.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t complete War of the Collectors, Aelfred’s Jewels, Saint Faith, The Lost Drengir of Ragnar Lothbrok, Lamb Chops, Splitting Hares world events.
- Faravid wouldn’t get on the horse in This Son of Jorvik *This Son of Jorvik indeed*
- Fixed a bug where Catching the fish with weapons wouldn’t count towards quest objective in Bloody Path to Peace.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t fight Leofrith in Heavy is the Head.
- Sigurd didn’t follow Eivor in A Brother’s Keeper. *More like A Brother’s Leaver*
- Fixed a bug where Objective didn’t appear in Twists and Turns *this is how the turn tables*
- Addressed issues interacting with Petra in the settlement.
- Eivor died upon arrival in Hordafylke in The Road to Valhalla.
- Addressed an issue where Hunter House world event didn’t trigger.
- Fixed a bug where Hunter & Warlock NPCs missing for The Plight of the Warlock.
- The Banshee world event couldn’t be started or completed.
- Addressed a bug where players couldn’t progress in the Mistress of the Iron Wood world event.
- Addressed a bug where the player couldn’t interact with the seer in Of Blood and Gods.
- Fixed a bug where Reaching Hunwald’s house didn’t update the Homecoming quest objective.
- The boss didn’t take damage at the start of Extended Family.
- Hunwald was un-interactable during the Salve for a Fresh Wound.
- Addressed an issue where Map marker appeared out of bounds in Fiery Ambush.
- Fixed a bug where Addressed a bug where player couldn’t interact with Soma or Guthrum in Holy Day.
- Players desynced at the start of the fight in King Killer.
- Addressed a bug where the player couldn’t confirm kill in the Reaver of the South.
- Addressed a bug where the player couldn’t complete The Lost Drengir of Ragnar Lothbrok.
- Fixed a bug where Guthrum didn’t move in Kingdom’s End.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t collect the key from a body during Pilgrimage to St. Albanes.
- Fixed a bug where Edmund was missing in Puppets and Prisoners.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t confirm kill against Gotafrid Fair-Robes & Nokkfylla Shine-Eye.
- Addressed an issue where NPC with the coin didn’t spawn or targets didn’t appear for the arrow challenge in Firing the Arrow.
- Stuck between Binding Fate and Of Blood and Gods. *A Binding Fate, indeed*
- Fixed a bug where black screen during Baker’s Plaint.
- Addressed a bug where player couldn’t interact with Halfdan in War in the North.
Graphics, Audio, and Animation
- Various graphics and lighting issues.
- Various animation and clipping issues.
- Various issues with missing SFX.
- Various issues relating to Audio Menu Narration.
River Raids, Jomsvikings, Raids
- Appropriate rewards not being provided after completing a Raid.
- Rations not healing the proper amount of health for Jomsviking.
- Ability to access restricted areas in Mastery Challenge.
- Guards could be unreachable in Mastery Challenge.
- Player being detected from a stealth bush in the Wenlocan Raven trial.
- Addressed an issue where reduced the possibility of doubling Armor sets that were acquired from the Store after completing the Mastery Challenge onboarding quest.
- Addressed an issue where unlocked medals remaining after loading an older save game.
- Trouble entering stealth mode in some bushes.
Gameplay, Combat, and AI
- Addressed an issue where fire weapons not setting NPCs or combustibles on fire.
- Addressed an issue where enemies not taking proper damage from level 2 Incendiary Powder Trap ability.
- NPCs no longer attacking if they were ambushed by a snake. Snake 1, Human 0
- Extended flail combo dealt more damage than intended.
- Sickle Combo Attacks didn’t register properly.
- Addressed various issues with the Viking Salute ability.
- Fixed various issues causing the extended flail combo to do more damage than intended.
- Ostara items missing following Title Update 184.108.40.206.
- Addressed instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the long ship would get stuck.
- Fixed instances with misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Fixed numerous UI/HUD issues.
- Fixed numerous localization issues.
- Trouble exiting Photo mode using the ESC button.
- Addressed some icons not adapting for color-blind modes.
- Silver Booster not applying correctly when looting low value items.
- Benchmark is not functional when the game path contains non-ASCII symbols.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability.
Download free AC Valhalla update 4.01 on Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One.