7 Days to Die update 21 details are now available for PC (Steam) players. According to the official 7 Days to Die 21 patch notes, the latest update added new places of interest, new decorative vehicle modes, additional advanced world generation options and much more. Currently, we have no information on the 7 Days to Die console update for PS4 and Xbox One in July 2022.
Recently, a big update added quality of life improvements and fixes. Unfortunately, players are experiencing a number of issues.
Today’s 7 Days to Die patch 21 will fix a few of these issues. Read more details below.
7 Days to Die A21 Patch Notes – July 11, 2022
- New Places of Interest
- Updated and New (Decorative) Vehicle Models
- Additional Advanced World Generation Options
- Learn By Looting System
- 23 new skills to govern crafting (photo in gallery below)
- 23 new magazines added to loot
- Perks no longer unlock recipes or govern crafting at all
- The only schematics that still unlock recipes are mod attachments.
- Crafting skill is increased by finding and reading magazines
- Skill increases unlock recipes at certain points as well as increase quality of crafting for items with quality
- Each tech level has a separate range in the skill spectrum so that you have to work up through primitive tech and then iron tech and then steel tech and being able to craft a blue stone axe no long means you automatically can also craft a blue iron axe.
- Some skills have 100 levels but others have less depending on how many unlocks there are for recipes and quality tiers.
- A new skill page showing your progress has been added to the player interface (photo in gallery below)
- Skill magazines can be found, bought, and/or received as quest rewards. The topic of the magazine matches the location you would expect to find it in the world.
- Perks now govern the probability of finding like-themed magazines and parts for those recipes. Perk into shotguns and you will notice more shotgun magazines and shotgun parts appearing in the world
- When you max out a skill, the probability bonus granted by perks for finding the corresponding magazine for that skill drops off. The magazine will still show up randomly in loot but no longer have a boost. The probability boost for finding matching parts will remain.
- Interactive Environmental Hazards.
- Flaming broken gas pipes blocking the way. A valve to turn off the gas flow is located elsewhere.
- Double Doors
- Partially damaged doors with large holes can be shot/meleed through to damage enemies on the other side
- Water Simulation
- All new water coding–water is no longer a block but a water voxel
- Water voxels flow into neighboring voxels that are marked to allow it.
- Water can be in the same space as a block
- Water does not flow or fall continuously like a river or a waterfall
- more details to come.
- New Iron Armor
- New Commando Military Arm
Note: The full official 7 Days to Die A21 changelog will be available soon.