We Happy Few update 1.02 is now available for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PCs. According to the official We Happy Few 1.02 changelog, the new update addresses progression blockers, stuttering/lag issues, and crashes. Additionally, We Happy Few version 1.02 also includes various stability and performance improvements. Check out more details below.
Recently, the game was released on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam. Unfortunately, after the release, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s We Happy Few patch 1.02 update is expected to fix all these issues.
We Happy Few Update 1.02 Changelog
All Platform Changes
• Sometimes, the “Rise” prompt was not shown when your character respawns sitting on a bench. Now it will be.
• In rare cases, the keys required to complete the I Sing Body Electric and Ex Cathedra encounters would not spawn. This occurred when the player was spawned too close to the NPC when loading a saved game in a very specific situation. This issue is resolved for all new players, and players with saves currently experiencing this issue have been given the keys to continue their progression.
• Using a bobby whistle in a crowd of Wastrels will no longer freeze the game.
• Fix crash in physics simulation with We Happy Few 1.02.
• We Happy Few update 1.02 fixed crash on exit (crash when quitting the game).
• Fix crash in media framework (returning to the main menu very quickly after saving).
• Fix crash when applying some status effects.
• We Happy Few version 1.02 fixed a memory leak in status effects. May result in minor performance improvement by reducing HUD performance impact over time.
• To help with debugging rare world generation issues, the player’s world seed has been added to the pause menu next to the build number.
• Version number increased to 1.3.
• We have added a guard to prevent the PS4 from saving the game while it is low on memory to prevent the system from classifying these saves as corrupted. This issue can still occur with other crashes, but the number of corrupted saves should be substantially reduced.
• Unfortunately this issue is due to the PS4 automatically flagging “crashing while saving” as data corruption, regardless of actual corruption. As a result, we are unable to restore “corrupted” saves. We apologise to all players who lost progression as a result.
• Changing anti-aliasing options had no noticeable effect. These options are now correctly wired into the graphics settings with We Happy Few 1.02.
We Happy Few update 1.02 for PS4 is now available for download.