Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.23 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC is now available for players. According to the official Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.23 patch notes, the new December update has added a new “General Kenobi” appearance for Obi-Wan Kenobi. Apart from this, Star Wars Battlefront 2 version 1.23 resolves issues related to the Squad System, server performance, game client bugs, and more.
Previously, a big update was released with new features and changes. Unfortunately, since the release of this update, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.23 update is expected to fix all these issues.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update 1.23 patch notes
- A new “General Kenobi” appearance for Obi-Wan Kenobi is available to unlock.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Implemented a new UI bar for improved readability of Hero stamina
- The player’s health bar has been updated with an indicator that lets players know how many dodges are available
- Implemented Squad Spawn on Blast and reduced the spawn timer for that mode to 5 seconds
HERO CHANGES in Battlefront 2 1.23
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.23 addressed an issue where a fully charged “All-Out Push” ability would not deal damage to enemies that are in the 2nd half of the ability zone
- Fixed an issue where the UI lines of the “All-Out Push” ability would not be completely visible if the player doesn’t charge up the ability
- Fixed an issue where players could not cancel the “Defensive Rush” ability by dodging
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t see the Lightsaber ignite animation while being frozen by Kylo Ren
- Prevented Lightsaber damage for Obi-Wan if he is attacked by Lightsabers during the “Defensive Rush” ability
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.23 addressed an issue where Emperor Palpatine’s main attack would show on Obi-Wan Kenobi’s body, instead of his Lightsaber, when deflecting
- Fixed an issue where Obi-Wan’s “Your Move” and “Absolutes” emotes would play swapped in-game
- Moved Obi-Wan’s “All-Out Push” ability to the left ability slot and “Defensive Rush” to the right one, in order to address player feedback and improve consistency
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would not deal additional damage when attacking from behind
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous would occasionally get stuck in an animation when hit by a Shock Grenade
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 version 1.23 addressed an issue where General Grievous would occasionally deal “Unrelenting Advance” ability damage by blocking
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader would occasionally get stuck in the Choke animation
- Fixed an issue where Han Solo’s Detonite Charge would not visually explode when triggered
SQUAD SPAWN CHANGES
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally be able to select empty Squad Spawn slots
- Fixed an issue where the Start button would be grayed out when the player attempts to spawn on a squad member inside a land vehicle
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.23 addressed an issue where players would not be able to choose seemingly available Heroes – Reinforcements while the spawn delay timer is active
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES in Battlefront 2 version 1.23
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a game round to start properly, if a player would not pick a Hero within the allocated time
- Various level art, audio, draw distance and collision fixes, focusing on the vehicle debris and rocks on Geonosis
- Made some slopes in Phase 3 of Geonosis easier to traverse with the AT-TE
- Fixed an issue where the LAAT carrying an AT-TE would occasionally appear in very low resolution
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.23 addressed an issue where Boba Fett would be able to float on invisible ceilings in certain areas during Phase 2
- Fixed an issue where a blank scene would show up in the beginning of the final cutscene on Geonosis
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.23 fixed an issue where players could reach a spot outside the map geometry by using Boba Fett or any Lightsaber-carrying Hero
- Fixed an issue where the Hangar objectives on Crait would be named “HARDCELLS”
- Fixed an issue where the STAP’s “Laser Barrage” ability would fire an extra laser stream to the ground
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 version 1.23 addressed an issue where the AT-TE’s front cannon muzzle flash would show in the wrong color
- Added more audiovisual effects when the AT-TE is being dropped on Geonosis
- Fixed a visual issue where the AT-ST would look too small in the End-Of-Round MVP screen
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.23 addressed a visual issue where the rimlight effect would turn on and off when rotating characters in Inspector mode
- Fixed a visual issue where unlocking Hero Starfighters Star Cards would stretch the artwork for the respective Card
- Fixed an issue where Smart Ion Grenade explosion VFX would occasionally be missing when exploding near certain vehicles
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Added fixes for crashing issues with Star Wars Battlefront 2 version 1.23.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.23 update added performance improvements.
- Fixed some glitches.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
- In order to ensure scoring fairness, we have currently disabled the scoring event when a player squad spawns on you. We are investigating the causes of the exploit and will proceed to a fix at a later update.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.23 is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.