Rocket League update 1.56 is now available for players on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Rocket League 1.56 patch notes, the new December update has added support for Xbox One X. You’ll be able to play Rocket League on Xbox One X in native 4K resolution at 60 frames per second, complete with HDR (high dynamic range). has added fixes for issues related to the game crashing, stuttering/lag, server performance, and more. Apart from this, Rocket League version 1.56 also added stability and performance improvements.
Previously, an update was released was released some gameplay changes and improvements. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play. Today’s Rocket League 1.56 patch is expected to fix all these issues.
Rocket League Update 1.56 Patch Notes
- ‘Rocket League x Monstercat Vol. 5’ is now available to all players under Music Playlists
- Monstercat Flags have been added
- ‘Hyper Potions’
- ‘Extra Life’
- ‘Kinda Funny’
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Xbox One X Enhanced with 4K and HDR
- Rocket League on Xbox One X now displays in native 4K
- 4K support requires a 4K-capable television and compatible HDMI cable
- Supersampling is enabled if playing on Xbox One X with a 1920×1080 display
- HDR support has been added
- HDR will automatically activate if:
- Your 4K TV supports HDR
- HDR is enabled on your 4K TV
- HDR is enabled on your Xbox One X via the “Display and Sound” settings menu
- HDR options include
- HDR Paper White: Adjusts how bright a paper white surface should be when HDR is enabled
- HDR Contrast
- Side-by-Side Visualizer: Allows you to compare when HDR is enabled vs disabled
- Rocket League 1.56 increased XP/second in Casual and Competitive Playlists by 40%
- Increased Win Bonus from 50 to 100
- Rocket League December update increased Weekly Win Bonus from two matches per day to three per day
- Weekly maximum has increased from 14 matches to 21 matches
- A limited number of points are now awarded for each ball hit
- You earn two points per touch
- Points earned per touch limited to one touch per second
- Players who have not met the minimum point threshold needed to earn XP will now see a notification on the End Match screen
Ranked Extra Modes Leaderboards
- Skill Leaderboards have been added for each Ranked Extra Mode
- Each Extra Mode Leaderboard will include MMR data going back to the beginning of Season 9
- Placement Match wins now count towards your Bronze Season Reward Level
Crates and Keys
- Crate contents are now revealed with a new, faster unlock sequence
- Start and End dates have been added to the Rocket Pass screen
- New item notifications have been removed
- Adjusted how Club colors are displayed in an Arena during a Club Match
- [Beta Feature] You can now remap controls through Steam while playing in Big Picture Mode
BUG FIXES in Rocket League Version 1.56
- [PlayStation 4] Game should no longer freeze when starting matchmaking
- Rocket League December update 1.56 has fixed the ‘Striker Legend’ Goal Explosion displaying as ‘Striker Pro’
- Painted ‘MG-88’ and ‘Mummified’ Decals now properly display on Endo
- Fixed a bug that would give incorrect results after filtering by Most Recent
- [Nintendo Switch] Trades involving more than 10 Keys will no longer fail
- Rocket Pass XP Boost amount now correctly displays at the end of a match
- Silver and Gold Season 6 Reward Wheels now correctly display on Battle-Cars
- RLCS Decals now display all relevant details in the trade window
- Fixed an edge near the Wasteland Blue team goal post that caused an irregular bounce
- Added fixes for crashing issues with Rocket League 1.56.
- Fixed players reported glitches.
- Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Rocket League update 1.56 for PS4 added performance and stability improvements.
- Gameplay improvements added with Rocket League 1.56.
- Added other minor fixes and changes with Rocket League version 1.56.
- Tournament creators may not be able to spectate matches
Rocket League update 1.56 is now available for download on PS4.