PUBG Xbox One update (June 26) is now rolling out for players. According to the official PUBG Xbox One patch notes, the new update includes optimization and stabilization. Since the May update, matchmaking has not been working appropriately to give the best user experience.
Recently, a hotfix was released to address a memory leak issue as well as reduced the number of crashes remarkably. The matchmaking logical was also improved, to reduce instances of players being stuck in queues for a very long time. Check out more details below.
PUBG Xbox One Update Patch Notes (June 26)
Two changes have been made to reduce crashes related to being “out of memory”.
- Optimized the total memory required by both maps, with a significant reduction in total memory required for Miramar.
- The UI has been optimized to use less resources.
Even without any memory leaks, there are instances where players would crash due to being “out of memory”. This is mostly due to the huge amount of memory required to process maps. This update has reduced the total amount of memory needed to process each map by a remarkable amount, which will lead to fewer crashes.
- Character movement has been optimized to use less resources and improve performance.
- In our patch preview, we said that we’re aiming to reduce the total resources required to render characters by 50%. This is still our goal, but requires further testing to ensure stability. We’ll keep you updated on our progress.
- Vehicle location updates have been made more efficient for stationary vehicles to improve performance.
- The position of every vehicle in a 1km of your player is updated very frequently, to ensure vehicle movement is as smooth as possible. Prior to this patch, frequent vehicle location updates were also being requested for every stationary vehicle in a 1km radius of your player, negatively impacting performance. We’ve changed the way locations are updated for stationary vehicles, which will improve performance.
- Vehicle effects have been optimized to improve performance, without affecting visual quality.
- When vehicles were moving, many resources were being used to generate visual effects. We’ve optimized the effects without diminishing their visual quality, to improve overall game performance.
- Bullet impact effects will no-longer consume resources if they aren’t seen by the player.
- When bullets impact any surface, an effect is displayed. Previously, all bullet impact effects within a 1km radius of the player were consuming resources, even if the effect wasn’t directly seen by the player. Due to the sheer number of bullet impacts that can occur in a 1km radius of the player, having all of these effects consume resources was negatively impacting performance. Now, bullet impacts not directly seen by the player will not consume resources, improving performance, especially in close quarters combat.
- Character shadow rendering has been optimized to improve performance.
- While we’ve tried to have each character shadow be an entirely accurate representation of the player, both in shape and movement, this was having a negative impact on performance. We have changed the shape and movement of character shadows to significantly reduce their impact on performance.
- Terrain and grass have been optimized on both maps (Miramar/Erangel) to increase performance.
Two additional changes to improve world loading times when landing:
- Parachutes have been optimized, they now use less resources.
- The physics while free falling have been optimized.
- The efficiency of the physics used while free falling upon exiting the plane has been improved. With this change, bullets will no longer be able to impact players in free fall. Players can still be shot while parachuting, this change only applies to free falling players, prior to opening their parachute. As it’s almost impossible to get to the ground, pick up a gun, and shoot someone who is free falling through the air, this change will not negatively impact gameplay, but will improve world loading times when landing.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes footsteps weren’t heard during or after ADS.
- Fixed a bug where the position of teammates sometimes wouldn’t display correctly on the minimap.
The PUBG Xbox One update (June 26) is now available for download.