Paladins update 1.66 is now available for players on PlayStation 4. According to the official Paladins 1.66 patch notes, the new update has fixed the audio issues with Furia and Lian. In addition, Paladins version 1.66 also addressed an issue where players could not unlock the “Shadow Warrior Trials” Challenge.
Since the launch of the latest major update, many players have been experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Paladins patch 1.66 is expected to fix all these issues. Check out more details below.
Paladins Update 1.66 Patch Notes
- Certain work-in-progress changes were accidently added into our hotfix build. Because these changes were not supposed to be a part of the build, our QA team was not asked to test them, so they slipped by unnoticed.
- The Battle Pass fix was tested and confirmed as working because the intent of the fix had not been communicated properly to our testers. The fix worked, but was not the intended functionality.
- Some other fixes worked in our testing environment but did not work in the live environment.
The game devs are already reworking to ensure these problems don’t happen again. Some of the immediate changes are:
- We’re implementing a more clearly defined process for submitting updated content, particularly related to audio changes.
- On the Update and Hotfix Notes, you will now see a section of bug fixes labelled “under investigation.” This will include fixes that we are testing or fixes that our QA team believes will solve the issue at hand but are not able to 100% confirm.
- We’re improving the communication of design intent to our QA teams.
The team has put together a new hotfix that will address the following issues:
- Paladins 1.66 fixed an issue where the Pyre Strike SFX persisted after Pyre Strike’s VFX stop.
- Fixed an issue where Lian’s Presence, Grace, Valor, and Enlightenment had no SFX.
- Fixed an issue where players could not unlock the “Shadow Warrior Trials” Challenge.
- Paladins version 1.66 fixed an issue where players could not unlock “The Ninja” title.
The following bugs are under investigation:
- Issue where players are sometimes not sent to the end of match lobby.
- Issue where some players did not receive items from Battle Pass 1 following the 1.3 Hotfix.
- Issue where a small subset of players did not receive the initial Battle Pass 1 refund.
Paladins update 1.66 is now available for download.